HTC One

Aadi

What do you guys think about the upcoming HTC flagship, HTC One? I'm really excited, because I think they're pushing the smartphone market in a good direction

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

Seems nice. I'd like to start with the Full HD screen on my PC first.

If it had no capacitive buttons I would love it

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I love the design of the phone and of course the specs are top notch. But, one of the key factors I look at on phones are removable batteries and SD card slots. Going to wait for Galaxy S4 and Motorola X announcements before I jump the ship on HTC One.

i'm personally happy with my HTC one S no need for an SD slot. Imo i can store enough music on the 16 Gb and the rest on dropbox personally i'm not that into smartphones cant see the purpose of a 1920*1080 screen on a 4" or 5" screen when my 24" screens have the same res. The res of my One S is fine imo. How much more we need in a small thing :P

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

I have been HTC for a while now, my contract is nearly up, this is probably what I'm looking at. Internal batteries worry me a bit though, I always like to have a spare one, especially on a large res screen as it will suck the battery life out of it very quickly

Don't see the need for extremely high end super expensive android phones from a tinkering perspective. They'll be quite niche and therefor not have many developers working on them.

A s3 or a nexus 4 at the moment is a good choice for anyone looking at an android phone :)

Just bought a s3 and it's running supernexus 4.2.2 build 3. so fricken cool

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Great design...

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Pretty cool looking phone, not sure I would personally get it but maybe. Probably between that and an S4 when that comes out as I'm up for an upgrade soon.

The S4 will be probably be another bit of plastic with a really fast chip. The HTC actually looks like something though and it's fast anyway. I also like HTC's displays more.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

The S4 will be probably be another bit of plastic with a really fast chip. The HTC actually looks like something though and it's fast anyway. I also like HTC's displays more.
It's rumored to have a 5" screen, 1080p display, non-Samsung developed screen, and a non-Samsung developed processor but it will definitely be a quad core. Manufacturers need to start differentiating themselves besides boasting higher res displays and faster/more core processors.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

yes, that's the American version. We Europeans get their stupid dual quadcore (it are 2 quadcore, on is more energy efficient while the other one is more powerfull... I can't imagine this is a good solution) and an Amoled screen.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Sony Xperia Z, Lumia 920, Galaxy S4, and HTC One is going to be released. Looks like Apple is going to have a tough time!

The best way to predict the future is to invent it