AM3+ aftermarket cooler

I recently built a new PC around an FX 6300, the issue is the stock fan is extremely loud and i would like to replace it. unfortunately my case is a bit old, and does not have a CPU cutout. Can anyone recommend an aftermarket cooler that doesn't require a cutout?

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

99% of coolers I've found don't require a CPU cutout. The cutout just means you don't have to rip out the motherboard and everything to install it. What's your budget?

Budget is $40-$50

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Are you happy to remove the motherboard or does it have to be a push pin system?

I would go for Hyper 212 Evo and add Noctua fans on it if you want your cpu cooler to be quiet.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I have a Zalman cooler that is 92mm tall and works well, way better than the stock cooler.

post-1040-13667861912368_thumb.jpg

got to love Asus components

Thanks a lot for the help! I would prefer a push pin so i don't have to remove the mobo but, if you think its worth getting a screw-on cooler then id be fine to do it.

Thanks a lot for the help! I would prefer a push pin so i don't have to remove the mobo but, if you think its worth getting a screw-on cooler then id be fine to do it.
AM3+ doesn't use push pin (as far as i remember) , its the normal AMD lever style same as stock. aftermarket coolers should have the same design there easy to fit, the Zalman one i got was so easy to install

check out there range...

http://www.zalman.com

got to love Asus components