Does the S7 edge has a sensor that can measure ambient temperature?

DND

Hey guys iv'e been tryin to search on the web if the s7 can or has a sensor that can measure the ambient temps? but i can't find anything so i'm trying to ask you guys if it has a sensor or it can measure ambient temps cause iv'e been wanting to check the ambient temps on where my rig is.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

I don't think any phone has that since the sensor would be too close to heat sources like the battery or the CPU and they would give wrong temperatures.

I don't think so.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

1 minute ago, as96 said:

I don't think any phone has that since the sensor would be too close to heat sources like the battery or the CPU and they would give wrong temperatures.

The new ''Cat'' phone has 3 cameras one is a normal camera the second one is for 1m deep water and the third one can see temperatures!

4 minutes ago, as96 said:

4 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

I don't think so.

3 minutes ago, LazyPigeon said:

The new ''Cat'' phone has 3 cameras one is a normal camera the second one is for 1m deep water and the third one can see temperatures!

Oh i see. That's pretty sad but thanks for answering my question. Maybe the only thing i can do to measure the ambient temp of my room is to buy a device that measure ambient temp hahahaha :3 Anyways what do you call those device?

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

Just now, DND said:

Oh i see. That's pretty sad but thanks for answering my question. Maybe the only thing i can do to measure the ambient temp of my room is to buy a device that measure ambient temp hahahaha :3

I think you can rent a device or find a friendly chap in your city who could help! If there are not so friendly chaps ask if they could give it to you for around one day for some amount of money! And another choice is if there are any pc companies in your city who maybe have the tools to do so measure the temps!

S4 had it. S5, 6 and 7 no. And Note 3 had it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

1 minute ago, LazyPigeon said:

I think you can rent a device or find a friendly chap in your city who could help! If there are not so friendly chaps ask if they could give it to you for around one day for some amount of money! And another choice is if there are any pc companies in your city who maybe have the tools to do so measure the temps!

I'm not pretty sure if there is a nearby shop or store that i can rent on. As for those friendly chaps sadly as far as i know there are no people that has those i think. Cause i tried asking some of my neighbors and friends and they don't have or know anyone who even has common power tools hehehehe :3

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, DND said:

Oh i see. That's pretty sad but thanks for answering my question. Maybe the only thing i can do to measure the ambient temp of my room is to buy a device that measure ambient temp hahahaha :3 Anyways what do you call those device?

A thermometer.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

1 minute ago, DND said:

I'm not pretty sure if there is a nearby shop or store that i can rent on. As for those friendly chaps sadly as far as i know there are no people that has those i think. Cause i tried asking some of my neighbors and friends and they don't have or know anyone who even has common power tools hehehehe :3

Sad... Then just put your pc in a freezer and know that it will never overheat!

Just now, Djole123 said:

A thermometer.

It's a different kind of thermometer right? cause if i hear a thermometer my mind instantly thinks those for medical use hehehehe.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

S4 had it. S5, 6 and 7 no. And Note 3 had it.

Oh that's unfortunate.

Spoiler

No, but the idle temperature of your battery should be pretty close. 

16 hours ago, kurahk7 said:

No, but the idle temperature of your battery should be pretty close. 

Oh i see.  thanks

Spoiler

• 1 year later...

My Galaxy S7 measures the ambient temperature. I just had to download an app called galaxy sensors to make it work. Maybe the app is kind of like a driver.