Cooler Master - MasterCase Maker 5 Review!

Hi everyone!

Here is my pro and cons review of the brand new MasterCase Maker 5 from CoolerMaster, it's the bigger brother of the MasterCase Pro5!

For the specs, there is no reason for me to copy paste them, feel free to visit their website:  http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/mastercase-maker-5/

Pros:

Great build quality,

Easy cable management

The Freefrom system is perfect to customise the build as you wish, (more storage or cooling, as you wish)

Wayyyyyy more silent than the MasterCase Pro 5 with the extra top pannel on the shroud and the foam behind the front shroud

Good looking!

Very nice choice of usb layout in the front (USB Type C :D )

Cons:

Why are the LED's inside and on the front I/O only Red? They should be RGB or at least have a few color options for 260$ CAD!

The LED connectors are proprietary, so you have to use their own LED fans ( I have 2 of them, but they are not out yet, so cant really talk about them)

A "medium" setting for the fan controller would be a nice addition to the limited "low" and "high" options

Overall:

Great case if you are doing a Black and Red build!

The question is if it's worth the extra 80-90$ CAD upgrade from the Pro 5... Depends on what your overall system budget and color scheme is!

A few pictures:

1.png

2.png

3.png

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

damn, i wish i got that instead of the fractal design define s now :(

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I'm in the market for a new case, and I was wondering...

A. Is it heavy? The reason why I'm getting a new case is so that I can actually maybe transport it over plane. I'm switching over from a Raidmax Vampire.

B. The MasterCase Pro 5 has absolutely blown me away, but do you personally think it's worth the extra 50USD? Do the extra features really matter for non-aesthetic purposes?

Thanks mate. Sorry to be 'the guy who asks too many questions' lol.

CPU i5 4670k
 Motherboard MSI Z87 MPOWER 
RAM DDR3, 16GB

GPU XFX R9 390x

Case Raidmax Vampire (Soon to be MasterCase Pro 5)

Storage WD10EZEX-00KUWA0

PSU EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W

Display(s) LG 29UM67 (Ultrawide 29in)

Keyboard HAVIT HV-KB380L

Mouse Redragon Perdition

Sound Extremely old, deliciously sexy Harman Kardons

Operating System W10, VMs of El Capitan, W7, WXP, and Unix

On 5/16/2016 at 6:19 PM, Cralineleader said:

A. Is it heavy? The reason why I'm getting a new case is so that I can actually maybe transport it over plane. I'm switching over from a Raidmax Vampire.

B. The MasterCase Pro 5 has absolutely blown me away, but do you personally think it's worth the extra 50USD? Do the extra features really matter for non-aesthetic purposes?

I personally Have the Pro 5 and I love it. Build quality is great, it isnt that heavy, carrying handles are nice and overall a good case. Heaps of room and a nice large side window :D

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Wow cooler master listened... I actually put up a post on their fourms suggesting that they make the front io with red green and blue led lights!

12 hours ago, Darell3 said:

I personally Have the Pro 5 and I love it. Build quality is great, it isnt that heavy, carrying handles are nice and overall a good case. Heaps of room and a nice large side window :D

Thanks! Totally ordering it now, the only thing for me was the possible weight lol.

CPU i5 4670k
RAM DDR3, 16GB

GPU XFX R9 390x

Storage WD10EZEX-00KUWA0

Keyboard HAVIT HV-KB380L

Mouse Redragon Perdition

On 16/5/2016 at 2:19 AM, Cralineleader said:

Heavy no, its pretty standard, 50 usd, meh if youre going to do a red and black pc why not!

On 17/5/2016 at 1:46 PM, jeonjaeng said:

Wow cooler master listened... I actually put up a post on their fourms suggesting that they make the front io with red green and blue led lights!

No you cannot change the color :/

51 minutes ago, Mr.Tech.Qc said:

Heavy no, its pretty standard, 50 usd, meh if youre going to do a red and black pc why not!

I got it and installed it a couple of days ago, and you weren't kidding: It's incredible. I actually went for the pro because the lighting and design weren't huge selling points for me, but everything else on the Pro is INCREDIBLE. It was so easy to build in, it held everything I needed, and it was like half the size in total of my Raidmax Vampire. 

CPU i5 4670k
RAM DDR3, 16GB

GPU XFX R9 390x

Storage WD10EZEX-00KUWA0

Keyboard HAVIT HV-KB380L

Mouse Redragon Perdition

On 25/5/2016 at 11:23 PM, Cralineleader said:

I got it and installed it a couple of days ago, and you weren't kidding: It's incredible. I actually went for the pro because the lighting and design weren't huge selling points for me, but everything else on the Pro is INCREDIBLE. It was so easy to build in, it held everything I needed, and it was like half the size in total of my Raidmax Vampire. 

Yup, i own the Pro too, awsome case!