What did you do with your first computer?

27-bit

I took it apart and gonna wait for like 50 years then sell it :P

=

Keep it for spares :) Great if you need to diagnose a broken system

Played Solitare and Pinball on Windows 95.

I've installed the server version of Ubuntu onto the 9 year old HP that my family owns and used it as a home server.

My Rig:

• CPU: 1090T@4.1ghz
  • GPU: Gigabyte 7870
  • MOBO: Crosshair Formula V
  • RAM: 8GB 1333mhz
  • PSU: 650w corsair HX
  • SSD: 120GB Kingston HyperX
  • Sound card: Asus Xonar DX

I played Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, Dune 2, C&C and Doom 2 on it.

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

bought it, used it, upgraded it, abused it, upgraded it more, burnt the HDD down, rebuild it, salvaged it - still functional, waiting for a reason to rise again !

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

I turned the monitor unside down and attempted to read off of it.

we threw away the chassis back when I didn't know any better and it was a full tower. =[ Still have most the parts though, although I dont know where the processor is =/

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

I used to play good old Frogger, and had many late night LANs with my favorite teddybear, playing pinball hoping not to wake up my parents :)

An opinion far away from your own can only be seen as madness.

Played this and LEGO Racers 2 on it. The T-rex maze in that land before time game was terrifying, slender isn't even close. Ended up taking it apart after getting a laptop. (To be fair, windows ME was that bad.)

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

What I did with the first computer I built was run an apache server whilst I learnt php to host my webpage and to run fold at home as the apache server didn't need a whole lot of power as I was hosting privately.

Burnt that bitch down, then smashed her up with a sledge hammer :) Had to teach that Pentium processor a lesson!

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Sold it... wish I wouldn't have :(

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Still using it as my current pc, 7 years old!! yay lol....

pulled the hard drive and threw it away. did the same with my second. that which serves no purpose is trash.

Upgraded it a bit an running it as an server for my friends website

I upgraded it from a pentium dual core e2140 to a core 2 duo,upgraded to 4GB of ram,added a graphics card to it to play light games.

when that wasn't enough anymore I salvaged the hard drive from it,lasted 5 years now and it's the hitachi deathstar HDD lol,and built a new pc.

still have the old one with the other parts in the basement,replace the HDD and it works fine,moms going to use it later on probably.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Played alot of AOE2 :D
I now need to go find my disks for that. :D

Still using it as my current pc, 7 years old!! yay lol....
I thought you meant that you were 7 years old.. Lol

lol its in the garbage somewhere, my first computer ever had 640kb of ram and an 8.4 mb hard drive. It played family feud like a boss though.