iOS7 is waterproof!

Mooshi

Not sure how many people knew of this little scam, but I was reminded of it again. Last night my girlfriend and I were talking about all the silly things found on imgur. Amongst the things we talked about, she mentioned a fake Apple ad created by a bunch of btards from 4chan's /b/ board to fool iphone users into destroying their phones with water.

Needless to say...people fell for it. I know I should feel bad for laughing, but come on..common sense, people! A mobile OS doesn't magically make your phone immune to dying in water.

http://imgur.com/gallery/oSCcL

siOeFFK.png?1

tldGGAL.png?1

Maybe this post will save someone on the forum from taking the plunge. :D

This was already posted...

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Lol, no mercy from me. They deserved more than a dead iPhone if someone actually did that.

I highly suspect the cases of people actually testing iOS7 for being waterproof are successful trolls.

Error: 410

Some people are just so fucking gullible. I feel bad for not one person who destroyed their phone.

To them, they all get a brand new 2013 Picard Industries Facepalm!picard-facepalm.gif

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

This was already posted...

Must have missed it, things in off-topic kinda gets buried faster. Eh, still. That article was from the 24th so clearly the fake ad is still affecting people. :ph34r:

Must have missed it, things in off-topic kinda gets buried faster. Eh, still. That article was from the 24th so clearly the fake ad is still affecting people. :ph34r:

Whatever it's fine. :P

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Guys do you realize that it isnt supported on the iPhone & iPod but is on the iPad & Mini. Theres actually a silicon type of insulation around the gaps in the chassis that when an electrical charged is applied to it will harden & resist water.

I wonder what kind of education people are getting because its common sense not to put water on electrical devices. Wow people believe anything on the internet.

I don't think anyone that uses these forums would do something that stupid.

Maybe I should check on my mom... Just in case...

If it's nicely presented many people are gullible enough to believe it's legit.

i know what they where trying to prove lol,,, is like that episode of Futurama where MOM sells the equivalent to an iphone in the show and calls the buyers

QUOTE " An army of mindless zombies " UNQUOTE

"For those of you who watch the show"  ;)

PC Gaming forever...

They also made a wireless charging one where you could throw your iPhone in the microwave withe the cable and the cable would pick up the microwaves and charge it.

My motto: you're dumb enough to fall for it, you deserve what came to you.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread made my day. I can't believe how gullible people are.

Wait, does this mean that i can't download more RAM??? :P

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit