Fellow Rockers come here

GirlFromYonder

You should also check out Made Violent. Man these guys deserve so much more popularity :/ One of my favorites here: 

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Far from rock: but you should check out a guy called philip malan. Absolutely amazing acoustic guitarist.

- snip-

21 hours ago, TheMcSame said:

Well... This thread had a bit of a reanimation, so we might as well keep it alive eh?

@daniielrp @Volbet

One does not simply link Babymetal without mentioning No Rain, No Rainbow and Akatsuki

Seriously though, I don't think I've heard anything come close to how emotional this is, not just Su's vocals (One of the best voices of all time imo, and easily the best of any living artist), but everything, the guitars, the bass, even the drums. 

I mean, just think, what if Babymetal never became what it is today? What if they never caught on outside of Japan? It makes you wonder how many incredibly talented people have remained under the radar because they never made it, or because they never tried to get out there in the first place.

Meanwhile, we've got people like Chris Brown and Usher with their autotune/pitch correction bs. 

Reveal hidden contents

The obligatory mention of lesser known bands

Reveal hidden contents

Okay... Not exactly lesser know. I mean, if you know metal you know Zakk Wylde. But compared to his stuff with Ozzy and BLS? His solo stuff isn't that big. Take a great artist, and take away his pinch harmonic fetish and you've got something brilliant.

Again, these two aren't exactly lesser known, but I feel like a lot of people won't really know them... Well... Emigrate at least. I'd expect a fair few people to know Rammstein, but being German, I suspect there's certainly some people in need of their music. I also feel like Richard needs his own mention here (lead guitarist for Rammstein/Frontman for Emigrate)... It's one thing to pull off some of the masterpieces that guys like Randy and EVH wrote... It's another to make such simple riffs sound so good.

Just to throw some more discussion in here... Can we just take a moment to imagine Bon Jovi if Richie Sambora was the front man... (Thumbnail is screwed, but it should play)

Completely agree, No rain no rainbow has become one of my favourites of all time :) 

As for what you said about foreign acts - I've found Spotify to be great for helping this! I've recently discovered so many foreign bands who might only get a few thousand streams because no one in the western world has heard of them, but Spotify suggestions have helped a lot ?

Here's one: