Fellow Rockers come here

GirlFromYonder
Just now, Volbet said:

Well, there's me

As in songs in Japanese or just songs from Japan?

As in songs in Japanese.

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

Here are bands that I am always listening to as of now. 

Municipal Waste. 

Spoiler

Gamma Bomb. 

Spoiler

Candlemass. 

Spoiler

Black Sabbath. 

Spoiler

Havok.

Spoiler

Skeletonwitch.

Spoiler

Warbringer.

Spoiler

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

5 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

As in songs in Japanese.

For Japanese rock I would recommend looking into Visual Kei. 

A subgenre of rock born and breed in Japan.

While a lot of bands use English songtitles, the actual songs are usually in Japanese.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

IK this anit rock but still why not share it with you, but it anit mainstream so yeah....

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

• 7 months later...

I am mostly a System of a Down, Green Day, rammstein, a bit of disturbed and Black Sabbath kind of guy. Cheers!

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

Im a mostly progressive rock fan.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Lot's of rock which I don't normally listen to (I'm mainly a metalhead) but I think I can compromise and remember a great band and forgotten trend Death Metal Blues:

-------

Current Rig

-------

The groovinest by a longshot

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

On 5/15/2016 at 9:19 AM, techswede said:

Been listening to a lot of metal covers lately. Like this one

If i still had a decent bass and amp i'd play the shit out of this

I'm not sure if you listen to the original, but Mick Gordon, the composer of the new Doom music is a beast.

I also have my own original music if you'd like to hear it. I'd have to PM it though.

Addicted to the entire album at the moment.

2 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

The groovinest by a longshot

Rest in pieces though. This album coming out is their last :(

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Rest in pieces though. This album coming out is their last :(

I'l probablyl give it a listen but I feel like the band was kind of held together by Justin's guitar style. I've searched far and wide for a deep groovy djent sound like he played and in almost 10 years I've never heard anything that touches it. RIP

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

I'l probablyl give it a listen but I feel like the band was kind of held together by Justin's guitar style. I've searched far and wide for a deep groovy djent sound like he played and in almost 10 years I've never heard anything that touches it. RIP

May I introduce Within The Ruins, then

11 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

May I introduce Within The Ruins, then

I used to be a big fan, stopped listening after Elite. They're definitely good but they lack the groove and I feel like they've started using too many digital effects. Tractor Pull used to be at the top of my list.

The last years i got really into Stoner Rock. This one is one of my favourites

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

6 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I used to be a big fan, stopped listening after Elite. They're definitely good but they lack the groove and I feel like they've started using too many digital effects. Tractor Pull used to be at the top of my list.

I listen to tons of music and their digital sound with metal music pretty neat the way they do it. Some of it sounds like 8-bit video game effects.

I listen to tons of music and their digital sound with metal music pretty neat the way they do it. Some of it sounds like 8-bit video game effects.

It's not bad, I just grew too fond of their early music. For me there was a golden age of Metal/ Djent/ Prog/ whatever kids are calling it these days, probably because it was kind of new to me.

It's not bad, I just grew too fond of their early music. For me there was a golden age of Metal/ Djent/ Prog/ whatever kids are calling it these days, probably because it was kind of new to me.

It's mostly being called djent if you use the top string a lot, even if it's not necessarily djenty like Periphery.

It's mostly being called djent if you use the top string a lot, even if it's not necessarily djenty like Periphery.

I used to go on BandCamp and look for new bands under the Djent tag and half of the stuff wasn't even close.

9 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I used to go on BandCamp and look for new bands under the Djent tag and half of the stuff wasn't even close.

I think that'll happen everywhere really. As long as you use an extended range guitar you're djent I guess ;^)

15 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I think that'll happen everywhere really. As long as you use an extended range guitar you're djent I guess ;^)

Either that or it's post-pop-punk-hardcore-polyrythmic-groove metal xD

Either that or it's post-pop-punk-hardcore-polyrythmic-groove metal xD

hqdefault.jpg

A song off an album I can't get enough of lately. It's heavy, but is also amazing vocally. It really surprises me how nobody knows about these guys, they're awesome!

Just give it a chance.

Annnd possibly my favorite song of all time.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

• 2 weeks later...

Well... This thread had a bit of a reanimation, so we might as well keep it alive eh?

@daniielrp @Volbet

One does not simply link Babymetal without mentioning No Rain, No Rainbow and Akatsuki

Seriously though, I don't think I've heard anything come close to how emotional this is, not just Su's vocals (One of the best voices of all time imo, and easily the best of any living artist), but everything, the guitars, the bass, even the drums. 

I mean, just think, what if Babymetal never became what it is today? What if they never caught on outside of Japan? It makes you wonder how many incredibly talented people have remained under the radar because they never made it, or because they never tried to get out there in the first place.

Meanwhile, we've got people like Chris Brown and Usher with their autotune/pitch correction bs. 

The obligatory mention of lesser known bands

Okay... Not exactly lesser know. I mean, if you know metal you know Zakk Wylde. But compared to his stuff with Ozzy and BLS? His solo stuff isn't that big. Take a great artist, and take away his pinch harmonic fetish and you've got something brilliant.

Again, these two aren't exactly lesser known, but I feel like a lot of people won't really know them... Well... Emigrate at least. I'd expect a fair few people to know Rammstein, but being German, I suspect there's certainly some people in need of their music. I also feel like Richard needs his own mention here (lead guitarist for Rammstein/Frontman for Emigrate)... It's one thing to pull off some of the masterpieces that guys like Randy and EVH wrote... It's another to make such simple riffs sound so good.

Just to throw some more discussion in here... Can we just take a moment to imagine Bon Jovi if Richie Sambora was the front man... (Thumbnail is screwed, but it should play)