Starcraft 2 disconnects my internet

MarilynKira

Basically my problem is every time i get into a game (tutorial, matchmaking, custom game) as soon as the game starts i lose connection. I tried everything from port forwarding, disabling firewall...My connection is stable and i never lose connection playing other multiplayer games like dota 2, battlefield 3...

I see from your post that you have tried some nuts and bolts type troubleshooting in your router's config and on your PC. A couple questions though.

Have you tried a simple google search of the issue and attempted the varied fixes purported to work? Is this a common issue for one subset of users?

Does this affect everyone on your network, ie does everyone disconnect until you reset your router/modem, or is it just that machine?

Further, have you tried removing the router from the equation by plugging your system directly to your modem? Does this solve the issue?

Lastly, what version of Windows do you run, what is the model of your router, where are you located/what is your isp? In order to offer more help we'll need some more info.

Ya it's a common issue with no solutions whatsoever, i'm using a wireless connection and i've read that some players tried using Ethernet cable or plugging their system directly to the modem and neither of those actually solved the problem.

I'm using windows 8 but i tried changing the compatibility to windows 7 didnt help at all, I'm living in France but it doesn't matter i guess as starcraft 2 servers are global

So the connectivity issue happens when you are directly connected to the modem. Does it disconnect everyone on the network if you are running thru your router?

This might be a wierd question, but do you run Skype at the same time? I had the same problem a year ago, and I narrowed it down to Skype coupled with SC2 broke my internet. It was only on my computer it happened, no other on the network. A simple restart gave me back internet, but it still died once I fired up SC2 again.

I'm sorry to say that I never found a proper fix for it, as I ended up with formatting my PC which resolved it.

Have you tried contacting Blizzard tech support?

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

no i dont run skype at the same time, and ya i did contact blizzard tech support they don't know how to fix the problem i'm about to give up and uninstall the game ugh

I found what was causing my internet to disconnects as soon as i launch sc2 it was my gpu power consumption, i had it on max and apparently that disconnects my wireless network card