NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 PCB pictures

Hish0t

According to the photos NVIDIA PG413 board is equipped with 5+1 power phases, which is more than GTX 980 (4+1), but less than GTX 980 Ti (6+2). The PCB is obviously more similar to GTX 980 than GTX 980 Ti, as both cards share 8 memory module layout per side.

As you can see there’s just one 8pin power connector, but NVIDIA made room for additional power connector in case AIBs want to modify reference board.

At this point it’s hard to say if screw holes are aligned the same as they were on older boards, which is important for those who already have  custom coolers or brackets for AIO cooling solutions.

More pictures in de source.

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1080-PCB-5-900x475.jp

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1080-PCB-2-900x629.jp

source: http://videocardz.com/59818/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-taken-apart

• Cooler Master HAF X • Core i7 4790K • Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO • MSI GTX 1080 Asus GTX 970 Strix • Corsair RM1000 • 

• Corsair H100i GTX • Corsair 16GB Vengeance Pro • Premier Pro SP900 256 GB SSD  Toshiba 2TB • 

Picture is pretty nice, with the screws like that. I don't know enough about GPU's to say anything about that..

But, DAMN the compression on the pictures is just... JUST HORRIBLE

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Now if we can just get those benchmarks. 
Thanks for the image link, though.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

They totally left room on there for extra hardware that will be in the 1080 TI 

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Picture is pretty nice, with the screws like that. I don't know enough about GPU's to say anything about that..

But, DAMN the compression on the pictures is just... JUST HORRIBLE

I dont know much about the inside of a GPU to but i this will not be the finished product i think this is still a founders card.

And the other picutes on the webpage aren't much beter. But i still think it's cool.

• Cooler Master HAF X • Core i7 4790K • Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO • MSI GTX 1080 Asus GTX 970 Strix • Corsair RM1000 • 

• Corsair H100i GTX • Corsair 16GB Vengeance Pro • Premier Pro SP900 256 GB SSD  Toshiba 2TB • 

3 minutes ago, DioOmicida said:

Now if we can just get those benchmarks. 
Thanks for the image link, though.

http://videocardz.com/59558/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-3dmark-benchmarks

This is what i found on the benchmarks. I'm not sure if we can trust these results.

4 minutes ago, Hish0t said:

I dont know much about the inside of a GPU to but i this will not be the finished product i think this is still a founders card.

And the other picutes on the webpage aren't much beter. But i still think it's cool.

Yeah, I don't know who took these pictures or edited them... but they didn't know what they were doing. The last two pictures are fine in quality, but the rest are really bad.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Yeah, I don't know who took these pictures or edited them... but they didn't know what they were doing. The last two pictures are fine in quality, but the rest are really bad.

I've found some more picture of the chips that the card is useing. These are more high res.

Spoiler

2001078889.jpeg

2001078875.jpeg

1 hour ago, ITheSpazI said:

They totally left room on there for extra hardware that will be in the 1080 TI 

GP100 uses HBM2, so pretty sure it will be a completely different PCB.

Wait until ASUS, EVGA and others will release their OC editions. Power delivery on these shots will look like low cost OEM in comparison. They always over-engineer :) Nothing wrong with that, I love heavy board with all the extras that I will never use other than pure aesthetics.

What. How the hell is this thing worth $100 extra?

5+1 power phase? What a joke. At $700, I expected far more.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

7 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Aluminium shroud with vapor chamber.... they feel it's a quality product.

You don't have to agree, just wait for an AIB version that suits your price point...

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

32 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

They're not selling it for $100 extra because it's better, they're selling it for $100 more to stay out of the normal market. If you don't like it, wait for whatever version you want. It's not like it's a phenomenally  better card than we've seen before or anything. They could be charging $1000 or more.

The profit margin on this thing is the most spectacular thing about it... They sure love low VRAM NAND count with high individual capacity for a pinhole memory bus.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

3 hours ago, Shahnewaz said:

'Founders Edition' is a hoax. Just wait for the normal AIB souped up versions instead, everything about them is better than reference design crap.

Linus is my fetish.

12 hours ago, GidonsClaw said:

Aluminium shroud with vapor chamber.... they feel it's a quality product.

You don't have to agree, just wait for an AIB version that suits your price point...

When did aluminum shrouds with a vapor chamber cooler cost $100?

Of course I'm not agreeing. That is the point. This product doesn't make sense. I don't see why people will buy it.

12 hours ago, PurpleDido said:

They're not selling it for $100 extra because it's better, they're selling it for $100 more to stay out of the normal market. If you don't like it, wait for whatever version you want. It's not like it's a phenomenally  better card than we've seen before or anything. They could be charging $1000 or more.

Stay out of the normal market? How? Don't you already know, custom variants will cost the same as this thing? It's directly competing with the MSI Lightning and the EVGA FTW/Classified variants of this card.

Why do I have to like it? Regardless, my point stands, and I'm repeating, this product with the price tag on it doesn't make any sense. It has absolutely nothing better to offer than a custom variant (and possibly cheaper) GTX 1080, and yet costs $100 more. I doubted the "premium" quality of this Founders Edition card before I saw the teardown, but now it's pretty clear. It doesn't even have a better power delivery system for crying out loud.

Someone also mentioned these cards will be the first ones available at launch, which even more solidifies a paper launch theory. This could very well be the 900 series launch all over again.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

3 hours ago, Shahnewaz said:

When did aluminum shrouds with a vapor chamber cooler cost $100?

Of course I'm not agreeing. That is the point. This product doesn't make sense. I don't see why people will buy it.

Stay out of the normal market? How? Don't you already know, custom variants will cost the same as this thing? It's directly competing with the MSI Lightning and the EVGA FTW/Classified variants of this card.

Why do I have to like it? Regardless, my point stands, and I'm repeating, this product with the price tag on it doesn't make any sense. It has absolutely nothing better to offer than a custom variant (and possibly cheaper) GTX 1080, and yet costs $100 more. I doubted the "premium" quality of this Founders Edition card before I saw the teardown, but now it's pretty clear. It doesn't even have a better power delivery system for crying out loud.

Someone also mentioned these cards will be the first ones available at launch, which even more solidifies a paper launch theory. This could very well be the 900 series launch all over again.

There's no such thing as the standard 1080. The founder's edition IS the reference 1080. The "normal" versions, or "non-founders edition" cards are just aftermarket cards.

That looks a lot like a 980 with a redesigned VRM and a couple of small changes...

But whatever, probably a good reason for that.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 hours ago, samcool55 said:

That looks a lot like a 980 with a redesigned VRM and a couple of small changes...

But whatever, probably a good reason for that.

Technically, the 1080 is a 980 replacement...

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

4 hours ago, PurpleDido said:

There's no such thing as the standard 1080. The founder's edition IS the reference 1080. The "normal" versions, or "non-founders edition" cards are just aftermarket cards.

There doesn't need to be a "standard 1080". The MSRP is all you need to base from.

All I'm saying is that, there is no good reason why you or anyone would be paying $100 more for this card. Or buying this card at all. Don't tell me board partners can't do blower style GPUs for $100 less (in fact, it should be even cheaper, but whatever).

12 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

There doesn't need to be a "standard 1080". The MSRP is all you need to base from.

All I'm saying is that, there is no good reason why you or anyone would be paying $100 more for this card. Or buying this card at all. Don't tell me board partners can't do blower style GPUs for $100 less (in fact, it should be even cheaper, but whatever).

I can't tell if you're confused by what I'm saying or not. NVIDIA is selling the founder's edition, aka the reference card, for $100 more to stay out of the general market. The non-founder's edition card's are the aftermarket cards, and can be sold at whatever price the companies desire, starting at $600. NVIDIA does not wish to compete with it's aftermarket partners by pricing the reference card at the same price as their cards, hence the $100 extra cost.

Just now, PurpleDido said:

I can't tell if you're confused by what I'm saying or not. NVIDIA is selling the founder's edition, aka the reference card, for $100 more to stay out of the general market. The non-founder's edition card's are the aftermarket cards, and can be sold at whatever price the companies desire, starting at $600. NVIDIA does not wish to compete with it's aftermarket partners by pricing the reference card at the same price as their cards, hence the $100 extra cost.

What do you mean "general market"?

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

What do you mean "general market"?

I don't know the technical term for it. The GTX 1080s that NVIDIA won't be selling, like by MSI, galax, or EVGA. NVIDIA doesn't want to compete with those cards.

1 minute ago, PurpleDido said:

I don't know the technical term for it. The GTX 1080s that NVIDIA won't be selling, like by MSI, galax, or EVGA. NVIDIA doesn't want to compete with those cards.

Like how? The Founders edition card will be sold just like the custom variants are sold. And there is a very good chance an EVGA FTW/Classified or an MSI Lightning variant will cost right around the price of the Founders Edition card.

4 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Like how? The Founders edition card will be sold just like the custom variants are sold. And there is a very good chance an EVGA FTW/Classified or an MSI Lightning variant will cost right around the price of the Founders Edition card.

The founder's edition is just the reference card, and is being sold for $100 more than it's predicted value to stay out of the market for the lower-end 1080s, like the new Galax 1080. Higher end 1080s don't need to compete because they're better and will generally cost the same. So if you want the reference card you'll be paying a premium just so you can have the reference card.