Remove the warranty sticker on RAM

I have removed the warranty sticker on my RAM but it left a sticky residue. How do I get it off?

I usually use rubbing alcohol to remove the sticky residue off things. Not sure if you can use alcohol on ram also... You could probably use it if it is on the heat spreader cause its just plastic.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

My heat spreaders are made of metal so I don't know if rubbing alcohol will damage it

Yup rubbing alcohol will take that off and won't damage the heat spreaders. You didn't tell us which memory but chances are the heat spreaders are made of aluminum, so only a hammer will damage them.

Don't get it on the PCB, you'll end up with green on your hands.

I have the Kingston Hyperx limited edition black. I am trying the rubbing alcohol but it is smearing the residue around and making it look really bad

I have the Kingston Hyperx limited edition black. I am trying the rubbing alcohol but it is smearing the residue around and making it look really bad
I really want to say break out the WD-40(Don't). Just spend the day rubbing it off with your thumb and paper towel.

Should I make the paper towel wet and if so hot or cold

Nooo. Wipe your thumb off with the (dry) towel :P

The alcohol will probably soften/make it easier to remove the sticky substance and you can use your thumb to clean the remaining residue by using your thumb like Wats said.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

have you tried a heat gun or hair drier and then see if you can rub of the sticky stuff with a paper towl or microfibre cloth,

maybe next time best leave it on as now the warrenty is void ( i would assume)

got to love Asus components