Einstein was right, stupidity is infinite

Linusinium

So I saw this image on imgur, thought it must be a joke, right? Initially I didn't read it, only skimmed the text and read the dates as review grades (4/10) since they are so popular now. Here is the image:

13138776_104020856938gjk39.jpg

But then:

https://www.facebook.com/ParentsAgai...type=3&theater

I had been carrying a concealed gun all day (for which I have a permit), but then when I got home and picked up a toddler the gun was uncomfortable in my waistband, so I tried to remove it. That’s when I unintentionally shot the three-year-old through both legs. (OH, 4/9)
http://fox8.com/2016/04/10/police-in...in-youngstown/

I was posing for photos with an AR-15 when I unintentionally fired it and shot a 13-year-old kid. (AR, 4/10)
http://www.wcnc.com/mb/news/police-a...-leg/128471739

I was unhappy with my taco, so I opened fire on the taco truck that sold it to me. (CA, 4/10)
http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/...e-say/38966396

I was visiting the hospital with my daughter when I accidentally dropped my purse. The gun I carry for self-defense discharged when it hit the floor, and the bullet grazed my daughter’s face. (MS, 4/14)
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/n...face/82978286/

After I got robbed, I went and bought a gun for self-defense. Then I was showing it to my buddy two weeks later and as we were passing it back and forth it went off and killed him. (KY, 4/14)
http://www.wlky.com/news/teen-accuse...court/39040306

I am a well-paid defense contractor and veteran, with a valid concealed carry permit. God told me to shoot a stranger at the supermarket, so I did. He died. (VA, 4/18)
http://wtkr.com/2016/04/18/exclusive...-killed-a-man/

Seriously??? I mean, seriously??? I am speechless.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Reads very much like satire.

"I was posing with a gun" then why the fuck was it loaded.

"I didnt like a taco, so I started shooting the truck that served it."

think thats all you need to know.

- snip-

Holy shit.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I was visiting the hospital with my daughter when I accidentally dropped my purse. The gun I carry for self-defense discharged when it hit the floor,

who the fuck carries a loaded gun in a purse?!

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

3 hours ago, Bsmith said:

who the fuck carries a loaded gun in a purse?!

I hear it's pretty common in the states.

Let me set the scene of a mugging that will never happen because it's all false fears

Woman walks on stage

Man in balaclava walks on stage behind woman

Man: (politely) Your purse please, ma'am

Woman reaches into her purse, in there is a gun and a magazine. Shaking, she fiddles around with the gun.

Woman: (struggling) Just a minute

Woman finally loads her gun. Meanwhile, the Mugger has had time to steal her bag

Exit: The man walks off with the bag, woman still struggling with safety with back turned

This is the reason why people carry loaded weapons without safeties, loose in their purses.

Little do they realise that they are over 100x more likely to shoot themselves in a suicide attempt than use the gun when they are in a moment of need.

Truth is that gun ownership is barely justifiable when you've equipped yourself with stats. The only valid argument for gun ownership is "fuck off, I like guns" which is fair enough, you're entitled to your own opinion.

It still astounds me every time I see the gun arguments, what reasons people give to justify having them.

Go murrica, I'm honestly kinda surprised that home state of 'Zona didn't make the list, theres a lit of red necks and stupid gun owners here

ASU

I think this one takes the cake:

Can't make this up, not even the headline: Man shoots, kills brother in beef over cheeseburger: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/09/police-man-shoots-kills-brother-in-beef-over-cheeseburger.html

Check out the video in the link.

A Florida man was behind bars after police say he shot and killed his brother in a beef over a cheeseburger.

Benjamin Angus Middendorf, 25, was charged with first-degree murder in the death of his older brother Thursday.

Nicholas Middendorf, 28, was killed after being shot once in the chest, Fox 35 Orlando reported.

“We were in a fight and I grabbed a gun and I shot him. Oh my God!” Benjamin Middendorf says in a 911 call released by the St. Cloud Police Department.

“My son shot my son,” his mother says to the dispatcher during the 911 call.

“Where is your son who shot your other son?” the dispatcher asks the woman.

She replies, “Right here holding my son,” and then is overheard saying, “I hope you go to jail.”

Police responded to the 911 call around 10:30 p.m. Thursday, Fox 35 reported.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Parents against gun violence? Most of these aren't violence, just accidents.

Although of course people who were handling the guns were very very very careless.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

3 hours ago, Tr3vor said:

Parents against gun violence? Most of these aren't violence, just accidents.

Although of course people who were handling the guns were very very very careless.

Yet they were all accidents that wouldnt have happened if those people didnt have guns.

Linus is my fetish.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Yet they were all accidents that wouldnt have happened if those people didnt have guns.

and car accidents are accidents that wouldn't have happened if stupid people didn't have cars.

anyway, not going there, stupid people are just stupid.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

5 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

and car accidents are accidents that wouldn't have happened if stupid people didn't have cars.

anyway, not going there, stupid people are just stupid.

But getting a drivers license requires a lot more training / learning than buying a gun in America. 

The equivalent scenario would be if people with no driving training / license were allowed to own and drive cars. To my knowledge, you still dont need a license or any kind of training to own a gun in the USA.

Linus is my fetish.

14 hours ago, Mug said:

Truth is that gun ownership is barely justifiable when you've equipped yourself with stats. The only valid argument for gun ownership is "fuck off, I like guns" which is fair enough, you're entitled to your own opinion.

It still astounds me every time I see the gun arguments, what reasons people give to justify having them.

As I was taught in my concealed-carry class, here is no such thing as an 'accidental misfire,' only negligence. The thing is 99% of gun owners NEVER have problems. It's the stupid 1% who ruin it all for everyone else. And, 'fuck off, I like guns' xD. For me, it's more about hunting than personal defense...that is until the zombies come. Then it's both!

41 minutes ago, Bhav said:

The equivalent scenario would be if people with no driving training / license were allowed to own and drive cars. To my knowledge, you still dont need a license or any kind of training to own a gun in the USA.

Depends on the state, type of gun and how you carry it. If you want to (lawfully) conceal carry, you need to take a class. If you want a long gun (rifle/shotgun) you go through a background check and some other paperwork. Again, this varies state to state. The thing is, for criminals, this means nothing. I know it's a tired argument, but it is true.

While I personally think there could be a LOT more done to keep guns out of the hands of stupids/crazies, the problem, at least for the United States, is that it is the Second Amendment to our Constitution. 'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.' The bold and italicized parts are the important ones. If legislation can infringe on the right to bear arms, how long until legislation can start to pick apart every other Amendment? Granted, the US Government has pretty much nullified Amendments 4-7 as they see fit, but it still remains a slippery slope. That's my biggest concern with increased gun control measures.

4 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

As I was taught in my concealed-carry class, here is no such thing as an 'accidental misfire,' only negligence. The thing is 99% of gun owners NEVER have problems. It's the stupid 1% who ruin it all for everyone else. And, 'fuck off, I like guns' xD. For me, it's more about hunting than personal defense...that is until the zombies come. Then it's both!

Depends on the state, type of gun and how you carry it. If you want to (lawfully) conceal carry, you need to take a class. If you want a long gun (rifle/shotgun) you go through a background check and some other paperwork. Again, this varies state to state.

While I personally think there could be a LOT more done to keep guns out of the hands of stupids/crazies, the problem, at least for the United States, is that it is the Second Amendment to our Constitution. 'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.' The bold and italicized parts are the important ones. If legislation can infringe on the right to bear arms, how long until legislation can start to pick apart every other Amendment? Granted, the US Government has pretty much nullified Amendments 4-7 as they see fit, but it still remains a slippery slope. That's my biggest concern with increased gun control measures.

I disagree with your concerns, this one part of the amendment has clearly always been insane. And its due only to this part of the amendment that America has so many gun related deaths. Other parts of the amendment arent going to be targeted because most people realize the right to bear arms is plain fucking stupid.

Linus is my fetish.

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

No, they were all accidents that could have been avoided if people had been educated. Guns aren't scary, dumb people are.

Also, learn how to get a freaking holster where the trigger can't be touched by anything, holy shit they're worth the money.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

No, they were all accidents that could have been avoided if people had been educated. Guns aren't scary, dumb people are.

Also, learn how to get a freaking holster where the trigger can't be touched by anything, holy shit they're worth the money.

How is intentionally pulling a gun and shooting someone an accident? Most of these were accidents I agree but intentionally shooting the lead singer for trying to leave or shooting someone because they yelled at a family member isn't and education won't stop stuff like that from happening.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

I disagree with your concerns, this one part of the ammendment has clearly always been insane. And its due only to this part of the amendment that America has so many gun related deaths.

Lol wut. Let me know when words have pulled the trigger of a gun... PEOPLE are responsible for the gun related deaths, not an Amendment. There is a reason it's the Second Amendment, and not the Tenth. The Founding Fathers saw it near as important as the freedom of speech, press, religion and petition. For them, it wasn't so much about owning guns, it was about being able to defend yourself against the government (you have to think of this in the context of the English colonialism). Yes, it has taken on so much more meaning than that today, but saying that '..shall not be infringed' is why America's gun deaths are so high is like saying riots only happen because of free speech and the right to assemble.

1 minute ago, Omon_Ra said:

Lol wut. Let me know when words have pulled the trigger of a gun... PEOPLE are responsible for the gun related deaths, not an Amendment. There is a reason it's the Second Amendment, and not the Tenth. The Founding Fathers saw it near as important as the freedom of speech, press, religion and petition. For them, it wasn't so much about owning guns, it was about being able to defend yourself against the government (you have to think of this in the context of the English colonialism). Yes, it has taken on so much more meaning than that today, but saying that '..shall not be infringed' is why America's gun deaths are so high is like saying riots only happen because of free speech and the right to assemble.

The founding fathers were bat shit insane.

The amendment is responsible for idiots having guns in the first place. You cant say that isnt so.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

How is intentionally pulling a gun and shooting someone an accident? Most of these were accidents I agree but intentionally shooting the lead singer for trying to leave or shooting someone because they yelled at a family member isn't and education won't stop stuff like that from happening.

ac·ci·dent

ˈaksədənt/

noun

an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.

"he had an accident at the factory"

synonyms:mishap, misadventure, unfortunate incident, mischance, misfortune,disaster, tragedy, catastrophe, calamity; 

technicalcasualty

"an accident at work"

an event that happens by chance or that is without apparent or deliberate cause.

"the pregnancy was an accident"

synonyms:(mere) chance, coincidence, twist of fate, freak; More

As I stated in my original post, guns aren't scary, dumb people are. A decently educated person in any manner simply isn't going to pull a gun on someone and shoot them. We have millions and millions of gun owners that are educated and responsible with their firearms that haven't hurt anyone yet people focus on the few that did something really stupid that could have been avoided had they been educated on the matters at hand. No, don't go shoot someone just because you have a disagreement. Yes that is bad, no shooting someone is not the answer. Could have been avoided, yet it wasn't. Not because guns are available to many people, but because some people are dumb. That doesn't make it a case to get rid of guns just because you don't like them. I could do as much damage with a kitchen knife or a hammer, would you want those banned if they had as many murders? Because guess what, they do in some places.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

The amendment is responsible for idiots having guns in the first place. You cant say that isnt so.

I'm sorry if you feel like your surrounding culture leads you to believe guns r scurry and nobody should have them because said surrounding culture doesn't know how to handle and deal with firearms, but not our problem.

Just now, Bhav said:

How were the founding fathers batshit insane? Because they wanted a land of free speech? Free religion? Ideally, a land where everyone is equal (still working on that one)? Holy shit yeah, that's insane... -_-

The 2nd Amendment itself is not responsible for idiots having guns. Nowhere does it say you HAVE to own a firearm, it protects the right to own one. Idiots have had guns, swords, knives and all sorts of means of killing other people since the dawn of humanity. The tools have changed, the mentality has not.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

No, don't go shoot someone just because you have a disagreement. Yes that is bad, no shooting someone is not the answer. Could have been avoided, yet it wasn't. Not because guns are available to many people, but because some people are dumb.

Shooting someone is ALWAYS the LAST answer. It's the absolute last option when you feel you are in immediate, life-threatening danger and you have no other course of action. Most all of those shootings in that list the shooter should be charged with either manslaughter, 2nd degree murder or any number of various crimes. In none of those cases in the OP were any of those shootings legally (or logically) justifiable.

1 hour ago, Omon_Ra said:

How were the founding fathers batshit insane? Because they wanted a land of free speech? Free religion? Ideally, a land where everyone is equal (still working on that one)? Holy shit yeah, that's insane... -_-

The 2nd Amendment itself is not responsible for idiots having guns. Nowhere does it say you HAVE to own a firearm, it protects the right to own one. Idiots have had guns, swords, knives and all sorts of means of killing other people since the dawn of humanity. The tools have changed, the mentality has not.

The gun part is why.

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm sorry if you feel like your surrounding culture leads you to believe guns r scurry and nobody should have them because said surrounding culture doesn't know how to handle and deal with firearms, but not our problem.

OFC guns are scary, Im not sure how you think they are somehow nice things. And by 'surrounding culture', I assume you mean the rest of the entire world outside of the USA.

Plenty of proof in this article on how strict gun controls almost completely eliminate gun related deaths in every country that has enacted them:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/15/so-america-this-is-how-you-do-gun-control

Linus is my fetish.

7 minutes ago, Bhav said:

The gun part is why.

OFC guns are scary, Im not sure how you think they are somehow nice things. And by 'surrounding culture', I assume you mean the rest of the entire world outside of the USA.

You clearly have no understanding of the rationale behind the Second Amendment, or any of the amendments in the Bill of Rights. Pretty much everything was in response to the heavy-handedness of the British Empire and to ensure that the new government they were establishing (ideally) could not crush the will of the People.

What makes a gun so scary? It's an inanimate object no less deadly than a kitchen knife, a hammer, or even the power supply in your computer. A gun, by itself, will NEVER fire. It needs ammunition; without that it's basically a complicated pipe. Just because you are scared of guns, doesn't mean everyone should be. I have an irrational fear of heights; all tall buildings should be banned.

2 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

You clearly have no understanding of the rationale behind the Second Amendment, or any of the amendments in the Bill of Rights. Pretty much everything was in response to the heavy-handedness of the British Empire and to ensure that the new government they were establishing (ideally) could not crush the will of the People.

What makes a gun so scary? It's an inanimate object no less deadly than a kitchen knife, a hammer, or even the power supply in your computer. A gun, by itself, will NEVER fire. It needs ammunition; without that it's basically a complicated pipe. Just because you are scared of guns, doesn't mean everyone should be. I have an irrational fear of heights; all tall buildings should be banned.

Explain how strict gun controls have almost eradicated gun related deaths in just about every other developed country, and why the USA is exempt from this possibility.

Linus is my fetish.

16 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Plenty of proof in this article on how strict gun controls almost completely eliminate gun related deaths in every country that has enacted them:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/15/so-america-this-is-how-you-do-gun-control

You shouldn't be scared of guns, you should be scared of your selected few fellow citizens that abuse their privileges. They're the problem, not guns. I respect guns, but not fear them. Just because someone else might abuse the privilege of owning a firearm does not mean everyone else has to have their right to own it taken away.