Custom cooled GTX 1080 spotted

I don't know the led seems thacky but it might work. I might try this one with the aura mobo for led on ALL OF THE THINGS! 

-------

Current Rig

-------

28 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Here is Zotac GeForcfe 1080 custom cooling that the company teased:

67a.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/222430/zotac-teases-its-geforce-gtx-1080-pgf-graphics-card

You know.. so far, the Founder Edition is looking better and better in terms of price/look/performance.

Arg! That is so ugly and vulgar. What are you thinking ZOTAC, or should I say Ͻ∀⊥OZ, as your dumb backplate is upside down (seriosly wtf?).

Also what is the point o going through 2 node shrinks, only to still have giant cards that are 3 slots thick. Actually that backplate takes an extra half slot above the card too.

Ugh, this 1080 card gets more and more disappointing.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Notional said:

Arg! That is so ugly and vulgar. What are you thinking ZOTAC, or should I say Ͻ∀⊥OZ, as your dumb backplate is upside down (seriosly wtf?).

Also what is the point o going through 2 node shrinks, only to still have giant cards that are 3 slots thick. Actually that backplate takes an extra half slot above the card too.

I'm sure we'll see 1080 itx cards to basically kill the Fury nano, it just takes a little longer for them to develop the pcb for it whereas putting led shit on the same cooler you had can be done in a couple of days I bet. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

I'm sure we'll see 1080 itx cards to basically kill the Fury nano, it just takes a little longer for them to develop the pcb for it whereas putting led shit on the same cooler you had can be done in a couple of days I bet. 

Idk. The 1080 has a higher tdp than a 980, which we never saw an ITX version of. We probably will see a 1070 ITX card though.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

On 11.5.2016 at 3:19 AM, DocSwag said:

True I guess, though it's still probably gonna be a bit louder

I don't think you will hear that thing at all. 

I had a Gainward GTX760 with a fairly similar cooler design and the 760 and 1080 have roughly the same TDP. I was not able to hear the GTX760 under full load. 

1 hour ago, Notional said:

Erm, they are dual slot. And how are those disappointing? There will be plenty of options from all AIBs that make the Founders Edition look like garbage.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

Erm, they are dual slot.

No they're not. Look at the orange one. The PCI bracket doesn't sit flat on the surface, so it's taller than 2 slots. Furthermore the backplate is quite tall and goes way above the PCI bracket too. You cannot place these cards with 1 slot between them.

1 minute ago, Notional said:

No they're not. Look at the orange one. The PCI bracket doesn't sit flat on the surface, so it's taller than 2 slots. Furthermore the backplate is quite tall and goes way above the PCI bracket too. You cannot place these cards with 1 slot between them.

'The card uses a dual slot design and will be powered by dual 8-Pin connectors which means that overclockers will get full freedom in utilizing the maximum power of this board. The card sticks to the reference display out put scheme. Overall, the card looks great but we can’t wait to see more of it. The ZOTAC GTX 1080 PGF being a custom design will hit retail at a price close to the $699 price point due to its non-reference build. '

Linus is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, Bhav said:

'The card uses a dual slot design and will be powered by dual 8-Pin connectors which means that overclockers will get full freedom in utilizing the maximum power of this board. The card sticks to the reference display out put scheme. Overall, the card looks great but we can’t wait to see more of it. The ZOTAC GTX 1080 PGF being a custom design will hit retail at a price close to the $699 price point due to its non-reference build. '

Still goes beyond the PCI spec, so it physically takes up space from the above and below PCI slots. You cannot install two of these cards with one slot between them.

3 hours ago, Notional said:

Be very careful with that statement, as you will end up upsetting people who are needlessly obsessed with having blinding LEDs on everything including their own toenails.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

1 minute ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

Be very careful with that statement, as you will end up upsetting people who are needlessly obsessed with having blinding LEDs on everything including their own toenails.

Well maybe they are blinded enough by the LED's to not be able to read my post then xD

10 minutes ago, Notional said:

Well maybe they are blinded enough by the LED's to not be able to read my post then xD

Actually, no. In that case, such volume of light catalyses their anger like a bull, and incentivizes them to charge on through posting whatever illegible gibberish they can.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

The amount of complaining and whining saying that looks ugly is the reason why, we don't get other options,  and yet when we don't get those other options, we complain to that too.

Like KitKat

We only have 2 kinds. when others flavors came out, we went ewww why you make that, that's not kitkat.

Other places have many flavors. we complain why we don't have more flavors.

Well you don't want them in the first place.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

5 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

The amount of complaining and whining saying that looks ugly is the reason why, we don't get other options,  and yet when we don't get those other options, we complain to that too.

Like KitKat

We only have 2 kinds. when others flavors came out, we went ewww why you make that, that's not kitkat.

Other places have many flavors. we complain why we don't have more flavors.

Well you don't want them in the first place.

I want green tea kit kat and strawberry kit kat and all the other kit kats (not wasabi).

But this card is fugly. Why not make GPU's that looks more like EVGA or maybe even KLEVV. Frack I want a KLEVV GPU now. I'm so tired of this klingon "gaming" crap design on products the 13 year olds who like, won't be able to afford anyways. The average gamer is 30+; start designing the products so it shows.

I'm late for this, but whatever.

Jen Hsun really likes repeating himself. He likes repeating himself.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

9 minutes ago, Notional said:

I want green tea kit kat and strawberry kit kat and all the other kit kats (not wasabi).

Not wasabi? That is actually the best flavour of the bunch! Green tea is also pretty good, but strawberry just tastes weird as a Kit Kat flavour.

9 minutes ago, Notional said:

But this card is fugly. Why not make GPU's that looks more like EVGA or maybe even KLEVV. Frack I want a KLEVV GPU now. I'm so tired of this klingon "gaming" crap design on products the 13 year olds who like, won't be able to afford anyways. The average gamer is 30+; start designing the products so it shows.

Well that OP pic of gpu is ugly. I kind of like the Zotac one, expect that backwards/upside down "Zotac".

It's like Top Gear's Ambulance challenge.

Might contain spoilers

Spoiler

The word Ambulance was suppose to be mirror and spelled backwards, so when a driver see its in its rear view mirror, it can be read as "Ambulance" Capt. Slow on the other hand, didn't get those mirror letters, he just got the standard ones and spell it backwards and it read it as "ecnalubmA".

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

9 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

Not wasabi? That is actually the best flavour of the bunch! Green tea is also pretty good, but strawberry just tastes weird as a Kit Kat flavour.

Wasabi and chocolate goes together like sex while having the runs from too much chili. Also tastes like it :(

22 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I'm late for this, but whatever.

Jen Hsun really likes repeating himself. He likes repeating himself.

LOL yea. He loves talking, being on stage, and repeat himself to make sure everyone understood (despite repeating the same thing, and not explain in different words )

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

LOL yea. He loves talking, being on stage, and repeat himself to make sure everyone understood (despite repeating the same thing, and not explain in different words )

I'm going to keep using this joke whenever I can until everyone hates me. I'll keep using it.

Until everyone's brain fluids boil.

I'll keep using it.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

5 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

with a jacket like that, you can do anything....you, can do anything :P

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR