new pc build help

hi there, i wanna build a new pc:

cpu:

i7 3770K cooled by a h220 (with a OC in minde)

gpu:

660 ti 2x sli (i will not run more then 1920x1080)

motherboard:

MSI Z77 MPower

ram:

Memorie Kingston DDR3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2400Mhz CL11 HyperX Beast XMP

psu:

Seasonic P-660 Platinum

(keep in minde that i will connect 2 keyboards, 2 mice, 6-8 fans, 2 gamepads and i think i will connect even more devices in the future)

(and the system will be almoust non-stop on)

storage:

HDD Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX

SSD Corsair Neutron CSSD-N128GB3-BK (for OS and drivers/programs)

and its my 1st real build ... can u guys help me optimize my build (what to change) so i can get the most out of this system

i will use the system for power gaming, multitasking and console emulators and i don`t wanna upgrade it for 1-2 years

thank you :)

p.s. im from romania and good components r not that easy to finde, this is what I think that has good quality and will work nice together ^.^

edit 1: Seasonic P-660 Platinum

edit 2: MSI Z77 MPower

edit 3: Memorie Kingston DDR3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2400Mhz CL11 HyperX Beast XMP

Well, if you're not rendering four videos at a time while recording gameplay then a 3570k will be more than enough. I really doubt you will need 32GB of ram even if you are going to run VM's, 16GB should be enough. If you're only gaming in 1920x1080 then you don't really need two video cards, one 660ti will be enough, might want to get one 670 or even a 7950/7970. I want to suggest not getting a PSU from Cooler Master, try a SeaSonic or Corsair and if it is going to be on 24/7 then don't cheap out on the PSU!

Everything else seems fine except the motherboard. Do you really need a Sabertooth, you know that Thermal Armor is just to impress noobs right? You can save and get a real overclocking board.

Just trying to save you money.

Well, if you're not rendering four videos at a time while recording gameplay then a 3570k will be more than enough. I really doubt you will need 32GB of ram even if you are going to run VM's, 16GB should be enough. If you're only gaming in 1920x1080 then you don't really need two video cards, one 660ti will be enough, might want to get one 670 or even a 7950/7970. I want to suggest not getting a PSU from Cooler Master, try a SeaSonic or Corsair and if it is going to be on 24/7 then don't cheap out on the PSU!

Everything else seems fine except the motherboard. Do you really need a Sabertooth, you know that Thermal Armor is just to impress noobs right? You can save and get a real overclocking board.

Just trying to save you money.

ty for the info dude :)

i wanna 2x 660 ti cuz i like to play games on ultra at 60-120 fps and i selected asus sabertooth cuz i liked that had some protection tehnology (i don`t know if all new motherboards has it) and i thinked will look nice with the ram .... but im open minded, if u can recomend me a motherboard with OC options pls ^^

Looks like a cool build! The only thing I would do is save some money and go for 16gigs of ram instead of 32. That much ram is pointless unless you are going to be doing heavy duty rendering and things. Also by the time games are utilizing 32 gigs of ram you will need to upgrade the rest of your rig.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

For overclocking boards I like the MSI Z77A-GD65 or the straightup MSI MPower...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

For overclocking boards I like the MSI Z77A-GD65 or the straightup MSI MPower...
dude the MSI Z77 MPower its exactly what i need .. ty ^^

I'd also look at dropping the PSU to a 700ish watt one unless the price delta is less than like $15. You'll max out your draw with that system at about 500-550 so 700 is more than enough.

I would also look more at a single card solution such as a 670, 680 or 7970 - It means you'll have better upgradeability if that's even a word and you won't have the odd issue with SLI and Crossfire drivers. You'd also then only need a 600w PSU.

i changed the ram to Memorie Kingston DDR3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2400Mhz CL11 HyperX Beast XMP with the ideea in minde that i time i will buy a 2nd one in 1 year to get to 32GB

(cuz lets not forget that the new xbox and ps4 its coming and there u will need more memory for VM)

I'd also look at dropping the PSU to a 700ish watt one unless the price delta is less than like $15. You'll max out your draw with that system at about 500-550 so 700 is more than enough.

I would also look more at a single card solution such as a 670, 680 or 7970 - It means you'll have better upgradeability if that's even a word and you won't have the odd issue with SLI and Crossfire drivers. You'd also then only need a 600w PSU.

thank you for the info ^.^

i changed the ram to Memorie Kingston DDR3 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2400Mhz CL11 HyperX Beast XMP with the ideea in minde that i time i will buy a 2nd one in 1 year to get to 32GB

(cuz lets not forget that the new xbox and ps4 its coming and there u will need more memory for VM)

Downgrade to 1600Mhz or 1866Mhz at the most - you won't notice the difference between the them.