Windows 10 automaticly installs network adapter

Go to solution Solved by KTFO|SGTmoody,
5 minutes ago, jurian123 said:

I am afraid you have to go back to Windows 7 ultimate for that to work.

yeh thats what i did last year, i was hoping that they would have fixed it by now.  ah well. windows7 is still better than the rest. atleast i have my "free" key now before they stop providing upgrades

Hi.

I just upgraded my Win7 Ultimate system to Win10 Pro.

Previously i had manualy installed the network driver for my system to make use of the Vlans SNMP etc. ofcouse now win10 likes to use its own driver and my network setup for the pc is broken. I need the Vlan support back.

Im running a Asus formula V motherboard with a Intell 82583V network adapter.

I have turned off automatic driver download via the control panel > control panel > System > Advanced system settings > Hardware > Device installation settings. "selected No"  and rebooted.

I again go in to device manager and uninstall my network adapter driver.  seconds later windows 10 re-installs the dam thing. even after not refreshing the list and running the manual driver installer again the driver re-appers and i can not manualy install the driver as i have a "newer" one installed by windows 10.

I have also tried the netcfg -d  command to remove the drive also. It removes it and then re-installs it again.

I am now about to boot in to safe mode and try to do it that way.  If anyone has any ideas i would be gratefull, i have allready spent a few hours on google, its driving me insane

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

it should only retry to install the driver if there is a cable plugged into the NIC.

try:

uninstall in device manager

dont reboot

install the driver you want

then reboot.

?

this worked to a degree. but i have not got any where becuase " Note: Creating Intel ANS teams and VLANs on Windows® 10 is currently not supported. As a result, when created, teams and VLANs do not pass traffic. We expect that ANS will be supported on Windows 10 client in a future release.  "

Thanks intel and windows 10

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

57 minutes ago, KTFO|SGTmoody said:

Hi.

I just upgraded my Win7 Ultimate system to Win10 Pro.

Previously i had manualy installed the network driver for my system to make use of the Vlans SNMP etc. ofcouse now win10 likes to use its own driver and my network setup for the pc is broken. I need the Vlan support back.

Im running a Asus formula V motherboard with a Intell 82583V network adapter.

I have turned off automatic driver download via the control panel > control panel > System > Advanced system settings > Hardware > Device installation settings. "selected No"  and rebooted.

I again go in to device manager and uninstall my network adapter driver.  seconds later windows 10 re-installs the dam thing. even after not refreshing the list and running the manual driver installer again the driver re-appers and i can not manualy install the driver as i have a "newer" one installed by windows 10.

I have also tried the netcfg -d  command to remove the drive also. It removes it and then re-installs it again.

I am now about to boot in to safe mode and try to do it that way.  If anyone has any ideas i would be gratefull, i have allready spent a few hours on google, its driving me insane

Thanks.

When you install Windows you shouldn't let it connect to the internet until AFTER you're ready.

Follow the guide in my signature if you have any questions.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

5 minutes ago, jurian123 said:

yeh thats what i did last year, i was hoping that they would have fixed it by now.  ah well. windows7 is still better than the rest. atleast i have my "free" key now before they stop providing upgrades

6 hours ago, KTFO|SGTmoody said:

Hahaha. 

Use your free key wisely :3 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3