Sleeving PC cables

Hello,

I'm pretty new at this but I am planing a custom sleeving my cables to improve upon the ascetics of my computer. I need to get some advice on weather I sleeve the original cables that came with the power supply, make my own extensions or If I should just just make entire new cables. I am willing to put the time in it takes to make the cables but I don't really want to buy a crimper to make my own cables. Any help would be appreciated.  

I sleeved my Corsair AX1200i's modular cables using 1/16th sleeving, very very time consuming, tedious. Took a few weeks to sleeve the 24-pin, 8-pin, 4x 6+2-pin, a SATA power and molex cable. Not to mention my fingers were worked raw from RTS...I love them though, from the PSU to the components they're fully sleeved. Cost me like $130-140 worth of sleeving, and a cheap tool to remove the pins from the connector.

4 hours ago, max123 said:

Hello,

I'm pretty new at this but I am planing a custom sleeving my cables to improve upon the ascetics of my computer. I need to get some advice on weather I sleeve the original cables that came with the power supply, make my own extensions or If I should just just make entire new cables. I am willing to put the time in it takes to make the cables but I don't really want to buy a crimper to make my own cables. Any help would be appreciated.  

If your sleeving the orginal cables you can usually get away without a crimper but if your making your own cables from scratch your going to require crimpers.

If you're interested I have a guide here under Sleeving and Psu and Connector Pinouts that goes into detail for all of this: