On the 20th, I am upgrading my PC. And I need it cheap!

Go to solution Solved by Weak1ings,
Just now, ZillaGames said:

You're a lifesaver. I'm still saving newest CPUs until Christmas, so maybe an I5-6500? Hopefully that doesn't "bottleneck" the 1080 per se (I hate the word bottlenecking)

Not Titan X, 1080! :D

Yay :)  It'll be a very long 20 days...  but worth the wait and especially the cash.

PC UPGRADING TIME! The 20th is my birthday and where I'm officially the age of being legally allowed to join Facebook! (yayyy, 13)

Also, I'm in Canada, so Canada websites only ok? ok

My specs are below...

First of all, I do know what to upgrade, I just want to know what to upgrade it to.

I already have a few things in mind, such as getting the following:

Corsair Obsidian 350D

Deepcool Captain 240

AMD FX-8300

Munchkin Advanced ECO-2 512gb SSD

GTX 970

Changing my entire colour scheme to RED

But... I want to keep my motherboard the same, even though it sucks. (cuz I don't want to lose the way I have setup Windows 10, and all of my schoolwork is on here, and would need a new license to install again, which I don't have)

help pls

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

1 minute ago, ZillaGames said:

PC UPGRADING TIME! The 20th is my birthday and where I'm officially the age of being legally allowed to join Facebook! (yayyy, 13)

Also, I'm in Canada, so Canada websites only ok? ok

My specs are below...

First of all, I do know what to upgrade, I just want to know what to upgrade it to.

I already have a few things in mind, such as getting the following:

Corsair Obsidian 350D

Deepcool Captain 240

AMD FX-8300

Munchkin Advanced ECO-2 512gb SSD

GTX 970

Changing my entire colour scheme to RED

But... I want to keep my motherboard the same, even though it sucks. (cuz I don't want to lose the way I have setup Windows 10, and all of my schoolwork is on here, and would need a new license to install again, which I don't have)

help pls

get an r9390 instead of the gtx 970. Or r9 290 of you can find it

Just now, Flowey said:

Only person that ever recommended an AMD product to me. I knew I wasn't crazy thinking AMD was better for cheapness

Just now, awesomeness10120 said:

WAIT FOR PASCAL OR POLARIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOODNESS

I'm doing that on Christmas, not now ;)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Flowey said:

this^^

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Just now, Hero7750 said:

this^^

yup yup

ill do 390

Spoiler

Only person that ever recommended an AMD product to me. I knew I wasn't crazy thinking AMD was better for cheapness

I'm doing that on Christmas, not now ;)

Well Nvidia drivers latey have had there issues, I think right now the r9 290 sits at 2% performance increase over a 970. Make sure power consuption is not an issue with your PC tho, cause AMD sure does eat power like there no tomorrow

Umm...don't oc the 8300 on a mATX AM3+ board...might as well get a Phenom X6 1100T...

5 chokes and barely heatsinked for a 95w TDP cpu...

Just now, Bubblewhale said:

Umm...don't oc the 8300 on a mATX AM3+ board...might as well get a Phenom X6 1100T...

5 chokes and barely heatsinked for a 95w TDP cpu...

I have a 95w CPU in there right now, and only planning on using turbo for the 8300.

Also, I am in a situation where everyone is telling me to get a new mobo, but I F***ING CANNOT! DO YOU NOT GET IT!?!?!?!?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Flowey said:

Well Nvidia drivers latey have had there issues, I think right now the r9 290 sits at 2% performance increase over a 970. Make sure power consuption is not an issue with your PC tho, cause AMD sure does eat power like there no tomorrow

750w should be fine

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

help pls

If you get a new motherboard you will not have to buy a new windows key, they can transfer from one motherboard to another, I know this from experience you will have to revalidate the key though. 

And depending on your usage for the computer then intel might be a better choice if you game on it, but the amd would be better if you do more workstation tasks.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

1 minute ago, SLAYR said:

If you get a new motherboard you will not have to buy a new windows key, they can transfer from one motherboard to another, I know this from experience you will have to revalidate the key though. 

And depending on your usage for the computer then intel might be a better choice if you game on it, but the amd would be better if you do more workstation tasks.

I'm sticking to AM3+ for now because if I wanted to go with Intel, it would be a whole other build and I want to make it a few months after Pascal releases just to be sure I can actually get it

Spoiler

Trust me, wait to get a new GPU and just get a new CPU. From your Sig I can see your build is for CSGO. I have just a 6500 until like you christmas when I'm getting a 1070 and rn I'm running near max settings 60 fps constant.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

4 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

I have a 95w CPU in there right now, and only planning on using turbo for the 8300.

Also, I am in a situation where everyone is telling me to get a new mobo, but I F***ING CANNOT! DO YOU NOT GET IT!?!?!?!?

Get a X6 1050T or a 6350...

If you really want a mobo in mATX for AM3+ then get a Asrock 970M Pro 3...

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

Trust me, wait to get a new GPU and just get a new CPU. From your Sig I can see your build is for CSGO. I have just a 6500 until like you christmas when I'm getting a 1070 and rn I'm running near max settings 60 fps constant.

Ugh, I can't handle my 650 TI. Stutters on latest drivers. It just can't handle new games anymore

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

Ugh, I can't handle my 650 TI. Stutters on latest drivers. It just can't handle new games anymore

So run off iGPU then. Intel HD 530 is pretty decent

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

So run off iGPU then. Intel HD 530 is pretty decent

AM3+ doesn't have IGPUs

Spoiler

AM3+ doesn't have IGPUs

-.- I was talking about if you upgraded your CPU to Skylake

Spoiler

AXIOM

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

-.- I was talking about if you upgraded your CPU to Skylake

Not worth it unless I make a brand new build, sorry

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

Not worth it unless I make a brand new build, sorry

Trust me, it would be worth it. AM3+ is way to old to upgrade to now. Its a waste to buy a new GPU if you are also buying a Pascal/Polaris one at Christmas. You should upgrade your CPU first

Spoiler

AXIOM

4 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Trust me, it would be worth it. AM3+ is way to old to upgrade to now. Its a waste to buy a new GPU if you are also buying a Pascal/Polaris one at Christmas. You should upgrade your CPU first

But will I have to reinstall Windows!?

Spoiler

Just now, TheGamingBarrel said:

No.

How does that work

Spoiler

But will I have to reinstall Windows!?

No, you may need to reverify it though if you installed with an OEM code which is just a call to microsoft and if not you can just plug and play. You may want to ask someone with more experience in reverifying though. I've never had to do it.

Spoiler

AXIOM

How does that work

You just plug the drive in, done. This SSD Has been used on 6 (7?) Motherboards, OS Hasnt even deactivated itself.

Edited by TheGamingBarrel

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel