Gaming laptop with GOOD batterly life?

So, I have a 1500€ budget, (a 1500$ laptop will cost 1500€ where I live) and I´m going to upper secondary school and I´m getting a laptop for some gaming (mostly for lan-parties), and school. I have a gaming desktop so the laptop doesn´t have to be super powerful but has to handle games and has to have atleast 6-7h batterlife of light use (browsing internet) Usb type-c thunderport is a welcome addition. I´ve looked at the alienware 13r2 ( I know alienware, but it does seem to have agood price to performance to portablility ratio) and asus zenbook 15 (with 960m).

when it comes to battery life, I think the closet you will come to a laptop with quad core with dGPU is the xps 15. 

I would not and I mean NOT get a zenbook they are build badly and the cooling is also bad. The  alienware 13r2 has really bad cooling. Maybe the Y700 could work for you or a MSI gaming laptop.

PS. a 960m is not that good, you can play csgo 1080p mid setting I think.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Acer Nitro is some insane value http://geizhals.de/acer-aspire-v-nitro-be-vn7-591g-59tw-nx-muuev-007-a1318838.html

and 1080p model has around 4h of web. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Just now, ZetZet said:

Acer Nitro is some insane value http://geizhals.de/acer-aspire-v-nitro-be-vn7-591g-59tw-nx-muuev-007-a1318838.html

and 1080p model has around 4h of web. 

no, bad build, bad cooling, bad support.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

OP XMG laptops is also a option, but you won't get 6-7 hours of battery life from them.

5 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

no, bad build, bad cooling, bad support.

bad build? yes it's plastic, but it's nowhere near bad. The cooling is fine. 

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro-Black-Edition-VN7-792G-74Q4-Notebook-Review.154364.0.html

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

12 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

bad build? yes it's plastic, but it's nowhere near bad. The cooling is fine. 

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro-Black-Edition-VN7-792G-74Q4-Notebook-Review.154364.0.html

Two of the four cores reached a much higher temperature of 96 °C than the other two (max. 90 °C). Both warmer cores therefore throttled  "not bad". 

When you work with fixing laptops you start to know what laptop you should stay away from and the nitro line up is one you should stay away from the only okay laptop line up I have seen acer make is the predator. The fact is that a nitro will work okay/fine for a year or so, but then things started to get really weird.

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Two of the four cores reached a much higher temperature of 96 °C than the other two (max. 90 °C). Both warmer cores therefore throttled  "not bad". 

When you work with fixing laptops you start to know what laptop you should stay away from a the nitro line up is one you should stay away from the only okay laptop line up I have seen acer make is the predator. The fact is that a nitro will work okay/fine for a year or so, but then things started to get really weird.

That's in prime with furmark running and not said for how long If you look at game benchmarks it performs as good or better than others.  However, that did not happen very often and then only for a few seconds.

Nitro has 3 year warranty so, I doubt your second claim. 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, ZetZet said:

That's in prime with furmark running and not said for how long If you look at game benchmarks it performs as good or better than others.  However, that did not happen very often and then only for a few seconds.

Okay they have a okay cooling now, but the build is not that great for the price and most acer laptops from the nitro series has lasted a year where they were okay, then after that year the touchpad, keyboard, making noises and lots of other things started to happen to them and I earn most of my money of fixing acer laptop they are about 70% of all the laptops I fix. It is my hobby, so I am not a official business and I don't have to be, because I don't earn enough to pay tax of it.

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Okay they have a okay cooling now, but the build is not that great for the price and most acer laptops from the nitro series has lasted a year where they were okay, then after that year the touchpad, keyboard, making noises and lots of other things started to happen to them and I earn most of my money of fixing acer laptop they are about 70% of all the laptops I fix. It is my hobby, so I am not a official business and I don't have to be, because I don't earn enough to pay tax of it.

when it comes to laptops I just imagine they all suck penis.

the old tanks were fine but they cost a leg and an arm, the new ones are built to a price and for the price nitro seems nice. even that extremely bright ips screen is just nice to have, especially in that price range. 

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

when it comes to laptops I just imagine they all suck penis.

the old tanks were fine but they cost a leg and an arm, the new ones are built to a price and for the price nitro seems nice. even that extremely bright ips screen is just nice to have, especially in that price range. 

I would rather have a XMG laptop, because I know that they are better build and are easier to fix, but yeah new laptops are all kinda meh in build and cooling.

16 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I would rather have a XMG laptop, because I know that they are better build and are easier to fix, but yeah new laptops are all kinda meh in build and cooling.

xmg is fine i guess, but way more expensive.

Spoiler

Just now, ZetZet said:

xmg is fine i guess, but way more expensive.

not really that much more. I would also get a Y700 over the acer.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

not really that much more. I would also get a Y700 over the acer.

y700 is basically the same thing. lenovo lower end laptops never were good. y510p had serious problems, y50 lesser problems, y700 is too new to know.

z70 series from lenovo are just disgusting. 

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

y700 is basically the same thing. lenovo lower end laptops never were good. y510p had serious problems, y50 lesser problems, y700 is too new to know.

I have meet anyone that had a problem with the Y700

3 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

z70 series from lenovo are just disgusting. 

Yeah xD 

Thanka for the answers, I´ll keep all this in mind, the Dell XPS15 definetly looks good but they´re a bit pricey. Thanks again.

Just now, Theo said:

Dell 7559 is good, i have one if u have any questions.

How´s the battery while browsing the net and watching movies?

1 minute ago, star-lord said:

How´s the battery while browsing the net and watching movies?

while browsing and word doc at 70% brightness its around 6hours, while watching movies i havent tested it yet.

Mind you i have a full antivirus on it, before putting it on i used to get longer battery, i can test this tomorrow if u want 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

1 minute ago, Theo said:

while browsing and word doc at 70% brightness its around 6hours, while watching movies i havent tested it yet.

Mind you i have a full antivirus on it, before putting it on i used to get longer battery, i can test this tomorrow if u want 

That seems nice, and if you could test it it would be super cool of you. 

I've got the 7559 myself and I can attest to it's phenomenal battery life. You can also set the power state of the processor when it's plugged in and when it's on battery too. TDP limitations and whatnot. Essentially it let me determine if I wanted it to run at either a 35w or 45w TDP for either scenario, so you can imagine I chose 35w when it's unplugged. :P Battery life for me has been pretty good. I've run it all day at my internship and it's lasted somewhere around 6+ hours before needing any sort of short power boost. I've never seen the battery drop below 40% and... well... at that point, I'm either headed home and/or plugging it in ANYWAY. The longest I've seen it go for before I paid notice was about 5 hours and browsing Google Chrome, which devours battery life for some reason compared to something like Firefox. :S That's when I saw the meter hit around 40% and plugged her in.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

1 hour ago, Imglidinhere said:

I've got the 7559 myself and I can attest to it's phenomenal battery life. You can also set the power state of the processor when it's plugged in and when it's on battery too. TDP limitations and whatnot. Essentially it let me determine if I wanted it to run at either a 35w or 45w TDP for either scenario, so you can imagine I chose 35w when it's unplugged. :P Battery life for me has been pretty good. I've run it all day at my internship and it's lasted somewhere around 6+ hours before needing any sort of short power boost. I've never seen the battery drop below 40% and... well... at that point, I'm either headed home and/or plugging it in ANYWAY. The longest I've seen it go for before I paid notice was about 5 hours and browsing Google Chrome, which devours battery life for some reason compared to something like Firefox. :S That's when I saw the meter hit around 40% and plugged her in.

nice, I´ll definetly look into that one. I wish a version 2 came out with usb c thunderbolt, if it had thunderbolt it would be an instant buy for me.

An alternative option could be a portable 200-500$ 13-14" laptop with good battery but weak specs and a  800-1300$ 15" gaming laptop with decent specs but good terrible battery life.

A Clevo N155RF would do the job. 6700HQ CPU and 965M. Has Optimus, gets about 5-6 hours of battery life. It isn't the most powerful gaming laptop on the market, but my sisters have one each and they last pretty long on battery.

Check mysn.co.uk or mysn.de for it. Or if you wanna say where you live exactly I could probably find a closer place.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday