laptop help

or whatever reason this laptop was working one day and gradually died, the first sign it gave me was a blue screen that only said "windows has encountered an error and need to restart" and it gave me the option to "restart" or "advanced" so not thinking i restarted. 6 hours or so later the login kept freezing (cursor was still functional) so i restarted again. but now all it does when i try to turn it on is spin the fan and light up the camera and power led for about a minute. any ideas? (keep in mind im better with desktop hardware)

you should probably do a new install of windows if there wasent something super important on there, then im not sure whats best

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you should probably do a new install of windows if there wasent something super important on there, then im not sure whats best

i would.. but i can't even access the bios. 

2 minutes ago, iannorton24 said:

i would.. but i can't even access the bios. 

not even mashing, delete/whatever F key it might be? not even if you do it straigt from the start? also my signature dosent say it anymore but i have a seemingly magic laptop that if i had some problem with it i could just leve un powed for a coupple of days and then whatever the problem was was fixed, didnt matter what it was it was just working after 3 days unpowerd lol. well im not sure what to do in your case, maby there is an easaly clearable CMOS or something? try looking for something like that

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

is the battery wrecked? seen a few that run off battery only even if plugged in

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

not even mashing, delete/whatever F key it might be? not even if you do it straigt from the start? also my signature dosent say it anymore but i have a seemingly magic laptop that if i had some problem with it i could just leve un powed for a coupple of days and then whatever the problem was was fixed, didnt matter what it was it was just working after 3 days unpowerd lol. well im not sure what to do in your case, maby there is an easaly clearable CMOS or something? try looking for something like that

i cleared cmos (by removing the button cell on the board, the main battery and unplugging) before, no result

1 minute ago, iannorton24 said:

i cleared cmos (by removing the button cell on the board, the main battery and unplugging) before, no result

Ok i would honestly just leave it for a while and let any capacitors un load, like with my old magical laptop, because im basically out of ideas. if you cant get in to the BIOS and clearing CMOS didnt do the trick maby de charging the caps on the board might do something lol, sorry for not being super helpful. :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Ok i would honestly just leave it for a while and let any capacitors un load, like with my old magical laptop, because im basically out of ideas. if you cant get in to the BIOS and clearing CMOS didnt do the trick maby de charging the caps on the board might do something lol, sorry for not being super helpful. :P 

aight, makes sense so i'll try it

1 minute ago, iannorton24 said:

hope this fixes something atleast, good luck

Builds:

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, iannorton24 said:

The BSOD indicates hardware or driver issues 90% of the time. Or it could be Windows dieing in a fire. My guess its a hardware issue. You could try removing hardware such as the hard disk and ram is your able, maybe the wireless card. So if it boots up with out every thing plugged in. Then slowly ad the hardware back one piece at a time. See if a piece of hardware died. 

Leaving it unplugged and letting it drain out could also work. I have seen that work in some cases. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

21 hours ago, Donut417 said:

The BSOD indicates hardware or driver issues 90% of the time. Or it could be Windows dieing in a fire. My guess its a hardware issue. You could try removing hardware such as the hard disk and ram is your able, maybe the wireless card. So if it boots up with out every thing plugged in. Then slowly ad the hardware back one piece at a time. See if a piece of hardware died. 

Leaving it unplugged and letting it drain out could also work. I have seen that work in some cases. 

so i was doing as you said (remove everything and slowly putting everything back in) and i think its a ram issue, it starts beeping when it doesn't have ram (like a siren) unfortunatly tho i don't have any other ram or systems to test it so i orderd a new kit

How many sticks do you have? If 2 did you try one at a time? Ram is pretty cheap in most cases. So If you can maybe buy a stick. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

How many sticks do you have? If 2 did you try one at a time? Ram is pretty cheap in most cases. So If you can maybe buy a stick. 

i have room for duel channel, tho no, i only have 1 stick of ddr3l 4gb

Like stated above. Memory is cheap. You could buy a new 4Gb stick and test. If it dont work, then return it. Maybe go to a box store as they might have a easier return policy. If it works then great. 

On 5/7/2016 at 8:13 PM, Donut417 said:

Like stated above. Memory is cheap. You could buy a new 4Gb stick and test. If it dont work, then return it. Maybe go to a box store as they might have a easier return policy. If it works then great. 

I let the vrm and capacitors decharge and tried a new ram kit, still no result.

Only other part that could have gone bad is the motherboard. Trust me when I say it, it will not be an easy task to fix that. This could be a lost cause. 

On May 7, 2016 at 8:13 PM, Donut417 said:

Well..it was fun while it lasted.

2 hours ago, iannorton24 said:

Well..it was fun while it lasted.

An excuse to buy a new machine? LOL. It sucks but stuff happens. 

On 5/10/2016 at 8:25 PM, Donut417 said:

An excuse to buy a new machine? LOL. It sucks but stuff happens. 

Whelp, i tore apart the laptop trying to get a part number from the board, only to find my thermal paste was flakey and wet. and the cpu had slight discolorization. soo uhh.. found the isssue. thanks for the help.