Flow reversal

Go to solution Solved by shibbs,

Loop order really doesn't matter, but which way the coolant flows through the blocks.... probably not a big deal.

That being said, if it were me I'd fix the loop next time I drained it.

So I accidentally did the loop with the flow backwards so it goes

Pump out

Gpu

Cpu

Rad1

Rad2

Pump in 

And i have my cpu block on the right way so it's inputting through the output and there used to be a bubble I couldn't get rid of when I had the system Flow the correct way and now there is no bubble at all 

Temps are perfect 51 to 53*c at 4.7ghz on my 4790k after 3 hours stress testing cpu fpu system memory and cache (top 4 boxes in AIDA64 stress test)

All cooling parts are so except for primochill rigid acrylic and fittings bitspower 

Ek supremacy evo plexi block

980ti evga hybrid with a ek titan x nickel block and backplate 

Ek d5 xres140 Pump res combo

Ek rad 240mm

Swiftech 240mm rad(top)

Asus z97 AR

4790k 4.7ghz (able to hit 4.9)

Ax860I psu

2x ocz trion ssd 240gb in raid 0

1tb wd blue hdd

2tb Toshiba hdd

Sleeved cables

4x thermaltake riing 120mm rad fans

20160505_111823_HDR.jpg

20160505_111815.jpg

20160505_151812.jpg

Edited by Caw123

15 minutes ago, Caw123 said:

So I accidentally did the loop with the flow backwards so it goes

Pump out

Gpu

Cpu

Rad1

Rad2

Pump in 

And i have my cpu block on the right way so it's inputting through the output and there used to be a bubble I couldn't get rid of when I had the system Flow the correct way and now there is no bubble at all 

Temps are perfect 51 to 53*c at 4.7ghz on my 4790k after 3 hours stress testing cpu fpu system memory and cache (top 4 boxes in AIDA64 stress test)

All cooling parts are so except for primochill rigid acrylic and fittings bitspower 

Ek supremacy evo plexi block

980ti evga hybrid with a ek titan x nickel block and backplate 

Ek d5 xres140 Pump res combo

Ek rad 240mm

Swiftech 240mm rad(top)

Asus z97 AR

4790k 4.7ghz (able to hit 4.9)

Ax860I psu

2x ocz trion ssd 240gb in raid 0

1tb wd blue hdd

2tb Toshiba hdd

Sleeved cables

4x thermaltake riing 120mm rad fans

is there a question?

You probably aren't gonna make anything explode by having flow reversed, and since temps are good....if I'm correct you'd be fine until next drain, and then it'd come down to a matter of choice

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

No no question just letting people know that there's really no difference and no issues if you happen to reverse something when you install it

Some people say that its a huge problem and it'll break stuff and your temps will be way higher blah blah blah

19 minutes ago, Caw123 said:

No no question just letting people know that there's really no difference and no issues if you happen to reverse something when you install it

Actually there is an issue, the block only flows one way and eventually your temps will go up and up and up until thermal shut down. Swap them around like they're supposed to be. EK tells you to plumb the flow in a certain way for a reason and their R&D have spent a lot of money on telling you how to do it correctly. 53c is way too hot for a watercooled loop, my gf ran her loop for 12 hours with her pump off because I hadn't plugged the pump cable back in after transporting it between homes. 

You've spent loads of money on watercooling, do it properly or let all that pressure and heat build up and see what happens...

18 minutes ago, Caw123 said:

Some people say that its a huge problem and it'll break stuff and your temps will be way higher blah blah blah

That's because it's true...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

11 hours ago, Benji_w said:

Actually there is an issue, the block only flows one way and eventually your temps will go up and up and up until thermal shut down. Swap them around like they're supposed to be. EK tells you to plumb the flow in a certain way for a reason and their R&D have spent a lot of money on telling you how to do it correctly. 53c is way too hot for a watercooled loop, my gf ran her loop for 12 hours with her pump off because I hadn't plugged the pump cable back in after transporting it between homes. 

You've spent loads of money on watercooling, do it properly or let all that pressure and heat build up and see what happens...

That's because it's true...

Wait what was the temp with no pump? 

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

U should at least connect the cpu block correctly. It's in out labeled for a reason, 53 c isn't too hot for watercooling with only two 240 rads, 

Loop order really doesn't matter, but which way the coolant flows through the blocks.... probably not a big deal.

That being said, if it were me I'd fix the loop next time I drained it.

That's 53*c at 3 hours on aida64 dude not idle

It's called a *stress test* maybe you've heard of one?