What to do after building PC

Hey guys! I finished building my new PC. But now I am not sure what to do from here.. Can you please tell me the steps on what I must do in order to install all the drivers? Must I install it in a certain order or what?

Thanks!

did you install an operating system and does it have internet

Just now, Jskn said:

did you install an operating system and does it have internet

So when I am done building, I must just edit the BIOS and then install Windows, then download the drivers from the website? Correct?

1 minute ago, Telebubbies said:

So when I am done building, I must just edit the BIOS and then install Windows, then download the drivers from the website? Correct?

what do you mean edit the bios.  then yes.  if you dont have internet, just get drivers through a flash drive and install them.  I did that for a while because my mobo didnt have wifi

Just now, Telebubbies said:

Correct, set the BIOS to boot to USB or whatever media your OS install is on.

If your OS doesn't give you a generic LAN driver you might have to download the LAN driver from another device before you can access the internet.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

If you bought all new parts, you should have got some driver disks.
So you may need to use those to connect to the internet if you dont have another way to download network drivers. Then the rest of your drivers. Then antivirus is next after that. Then youre pretty much good to go I suppose.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

3 minutes ago, Telebubbies said:

If you install windows 10 it will install the drivers for you :)

1 minute ago, Telebubbies said:

Default BIOS settings should be good to go, unless you want to change Boot priorities.

Next up is of course the OS installation, when that is done you can gather all the drivers, some drivers are even installed by Windows update but you may want to check if they're the latest. Next up, or even prior to it you can go ahead and perform Windows Updates, the order doesn't matter that much in most if not any cases.

Finally, depending on if you have a SSD, you may want to change the links for your Library folders so that they use a location on a harddrive if present.

Main rig: Intel i7 6700K @ 4 Ghz with Silverstone Argon AR06 + Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM, Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, 2 x 8 GiB Corsair LPX Red @ 2.133 Mhz, MSI GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB, Corsair SF600, Silverstone Raven RVZ02 (no window version).

For on the road: MSI GE72 2QC Apache with 16 GiB RAM upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Jskn said:

what do you mean edit the bios.  then yes.  if you dont have internet, just get drivers through a flash drive and install them.  I did that for a while because my mobo didnt have wifi

What I mean is checking if it has everything setup correctly through the BIOS. 

What I mean is checking if it has everything setup correctly through the BIOS. 

oh then yes

first install your OS, then download drivers for everything like GPU and such from there first party websites and insall them, then get some kind of anti virus like Avast and then go download steam and start downloading them games :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Is there a certain order that I must install the drivers in? 

Is there a certain order that I must install the drivers in? 

Most of the time not, though I myself tend to start with the crucial parts first like the chipset and LAN/WLAN.

Main rig: Intel i7 6700K @ 4 Ghz with Silverstone Argon AR06 + Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM, Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, 2 x 8 GiB Corsair LPX Red @ 2.133 Mhz, MSI GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB, Corsair SF600, Silverstone Raven RVZ02 (no window version).

For on the road: MSI GE72 2QC Apache with 16 GiB RAM upgrade.

1 minute ago, Serath said:

Most of the time not, though I myself tend to start with the crucial parts first like the chipset and LAN/WLAN.

Ok, thanks!

Also, clearing your GPUs of any old drivers is a nice step, using display driver uninstaller. My video cards had some trouble being detected by windows, so i just cleared them and resintalled drivers and all was good. I built mine 3 days ago. On startup it was BIOS, windows, drivers, benchmarking software, and games :P

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.