Is the H115i a good choice for keeping an Overclocked i7 5820k cool?

I'm a little in two minds over this. On the one hand the H60 that currently inhibits my rig has been great to me, I'm a little unsure if I am going the right direction with this choice for my rig-to-be. I've been trying to do some homework and research into the matter, and whilst there are many that swear by the likes of the Swiftech H240, I'd go look around and the reviews average on 2.5/5 with many comments about leaking/multiple leaked units... which doesn't inspire much confidence in this so called "Superior Cooling System". So I still have this H115i sitting in my Basket on Amazon, still wondering if I am getting the best option for what I want to do.

I would very much appreciate any advice or suggestions on this matter.

An H115 should be fine.

X61 is a great cooler too.

Please quote me in any answers to my posts, so that I can read them easily and don´t forget about them. Thanks!

I love spending my time with PC tinkering, networking and server-stuff.

3 minutes ago, Volkamar said:

I'm a little in two minds over this. On the one hand the H60 that currently inhibits my rig has been great to me, I'm a little unsure if I am going the right direction with this choice for my rig-to-be. I've been trying to do some homework and research into the matter, and whilst there are many that swear by the likes of the Swiftech H240, I'd go look around and the reviews average on 2.5/5 with many comments about leaking/multiple leaked units... which doesn't inspire much confidence in this so called "Superior Cooling System". So I still have this H115i sitting in my Basket on Amazon, still wondering if I am getting the best option for what I want to do.

I would very much appreciate any advice or suggestions on this matter.

I think you meant "inhabits", though, this probably isn't wrong either :D 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

9 minutes ago, Volkamar said:

So I still have this H115i sitting in my Basket on Amazon, still wondering if I am getting the best option for what I want to do.

What do you want to do? The H115i is going to definitely keep your 5820k cool. I have an H100i and a 5930K the fans don't go past 60% and under load it's ~70*C (4.4ghz @ 1.3v). The factory Corsair fans aren't the best, but as long as you keep the RPM's pretty low they aren't terrible. I'm am going to be getting rid of it soon and switching to a tower cooler. I haven't had any issues with it, I just want to go back to all air cooling.

For X99, it is recommended (by linus at least) that you start with a 240mm rad for overclocking. I use an H100i v2 and got 4.3GHz at 1.28v, with about 10 degrees headroom to up the clock/voltage if I decide to later. So an H115i will only do better pretty much

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

X61 is superior. Also, Corsair pumps get crazy loud, but not suggesting that NZXT is silent.

3 hours ago, _Shaho said:

X61 is superior. Also, Corsair pumps get crazy loud, but not suggesting that NZXT is silent.

Is the lower noise what makes it superior or is there more to it?