New Build! Advice Appreciated

Hello, LTT folk!

I have had a build on my mind for some time now, and I've come to what seems like the last hurdle in terms of planning but have encountered somewhat of a predicament.

The story goes as follows; I've become a lover of ITX builds, as I am not a fan of SLI and like how ITX builds seem like they make the most of the space they are given. Given this appeal, I'd like to make the most of an ITX build to the point of making both the GPU and CPU watercooled by AIO loops - I'm nowhere near as experienced as you people here at LTT's e-cave, so I have come in search of some advice.

Proceed, parts list:

Spoiler

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  (£488.33 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£107.99 @ Novatech) 
Motherboard: ASRock X99E-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA2011-3 Narrow Motherboard  (£235.14 @ More Computers) 
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£211.61 @ Novatech) 
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£249.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  (£604.03 @ More Computers) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX Mini ITX Tower Case  (£56.58 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.98 @ Novatech) 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 158.5 CFM 140mm  Fan  (£26.90 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 158.5 CFM 140mm  Fan  (£26.90 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Total: £2159.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-05 19:31 BST+0100

The predicament is how I am going to fit an AIO radiator in the top for the CPU and an AIO radiator for the Gigabyte GPU.

I hear the hype and see benchmarks surrounding the Kraken X61, but that choice isn't made in stone and is the whole reason I am asking you for advice. The GPU, however, I'd like to keep unless anyone knows any other AIO watercooled GPU loops that would let the 980 Ti perform better.

My current build houses a H100i, but it's loud as a tractor, and I was hoping for some snazzy suggestions on how to fit some loops in here as described previously.

If anyone is wondering about the fans:

x2 140mm intake for front of case, replacing original 200mm

x2 140mm exhaust for radiator on top

x1 140mm exhaust for rear mounted GPU AIO cooler.

I doubt the 280mm on the top is a viable choice, so I look forward to reading your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Go for the 5820k, no point in getting a 5930k when your not even SLI/CF or many m.2/sata ssd's

also wait for polaris/pascal to come out within a few months or days

Thank you; my parts list is extremely flexible, y'all are way more experienced than I am so I appreciate any alternatives and advice.

I shall wait for Polaris/Pascal, no worries. How about the cooling? Let me know if you have any advice on that front.

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, _Shaho said:

the noctua industrial fans are good but very loud. for the aio i would recommend the Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM and for the case fans the Noctua NF-P14s redux-1200 140mm. they are cheaper, way more quiet and optimized for the job.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Just now, ChrisCross said:

the noctua industrial fans are good but very loud. for the aio i would recommend the Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM and for the case fans the Noctua NF-P14s redux-1200 140mm. they are cheaper, way more quiet and optimized for the job.

Advice taken. Will produce a new parts list once this thread has reached its purpose.

Do the industrials perform significantly better? If they do, I don't mind fan noise.

1 minute ago, _Shaho said:

Thank you; my parts list is extremely flexible, y'all are way more experienced than I am so I appreciate any alternatives and advice.

I shall wait for Polaris/Pascal, no worries. How about the cooling? Let me know if you have any advice on that front.

Thanks!

Alright for cooling the ITX is pretty small/compact I would go for these fans instead of noctua

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709022&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink2-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3821802&SID=inunyyf9og000a1700053

they aren't ugly, they are quieter.

The setup of 3 on the rad 1 in the front and 1 in the back should be enough

Just now, _Shaho said:

Advice taken. Will produce a new parts list once this thread has reached its purpose.

Do the industrials perform significantly better? If they do, I don't mind fan noise.

they are better but believe me they are really really loud. they are ment for server rooms and stuff like that.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

13 minutes ago, ChrisCross said:

they are better but believe me they are really really loud. they are ment for server rooms and stuff like that.

All right, I guess I don't want a hoover for a PC. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Anything more advice is just more gold in the mind for me.

13 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Alright for cooling the ITX is pretty small/compact I would go for these fans instead of noctua

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709022&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink2-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3821802&SID=inunyyf9og000a1700053

they aren't ugly, they are quieter.

The setup of 3 on the rad 1 in the front and 1 in the back should be enough

My point with the radiators was that I am looking to put one in the top of the Phanteks Enthoo ITX for the CPU, ideally a longer one, and also have another radiator for a watercooled GPU like the Gigabyte 980 Ti.

I'm more worried about if there's enough space in this regard.

Thanks in advance to both of you.

3 minutes ago, _Shaho said:

All right, I guess I don't want a hoover for a PC. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Anything more advice is just more gold in the mind for me.

My point with the radiators was that I am looking to put one in the top of the Phanteks Enthoo ITX for the CPU, ideally a longer one, and also have another radiator for a watercooled GPU like the Gigabyte 980 Ti.

I'm more worried about if there's enough space in this regard.

Thanks in advance to both of you.

156432.052ae21ec0a2ddbb0beb09bddd64e810.

you might want to get rid of that phanteks shround and put the x61 on the front because the back dosen't seme to have enough clearence for a thick 120/140mm rad for the GPU

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

you might want to get rid of that phanteks shround and put the x61 on the front because the back dosen't seme to have enough clearence for a thick 120/140mm rad for the GPU

Oh, for sure, I had that in mind. I'm looking to remove all HDD/SSD brackets as my 512GB M.2 is all that I will ever need (I conserve a lot of drive space, old habit).

That ugly company logo will be out as soon as I remove the side panel to peek inside. Makes for better airflow, too.

Do you think I can fit a 280mm rad in the top and a 140mm in the rear exhaust if I make enough clearance?

TIA.

9 minutes ago, _Shaho said:

Oh, for sure, I had that in mind. I'm looking to remove all HDD/SSD brackets as my 512GB M.2 is all that I will ever need (I conserve a lot of drive space, old habit).

That ugly company logo will be out as soon as I remove the side panel to peek inside. Makes for better airflow, too.

Do you think I can fit a 280mm rad in the top and a 140mm in the rear exhaust if I make enough clearance?

TIA.

Didn;t you say you will be going for the watercooled gigabyte 980 ti? or no?

because that picture is a x61 and a 140mm fan in exhaust soooo

12 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Didn;t you say you will be going for the watercooled gigabyte 980 ti? or no?

because that picture is a x61 and a 140mm fan in exhaust soooo

Haha, yeah, for sure! Except it comes with a single fan radiator - plus, as you said, will be waiting on Pascal but will use Gigabyte Waterforce 980 Ti as a reference point.

Also, that fan is darn thin.

1 minute ago, _Shaho said:

Haha, yeah, for sure! Except it comes with a single fan radiator - plus, as you said, will be waiting on Pascal but will use Gigabyte Waterforce 980 Ti as a reference point.

Also, that fan is darn thin.

I just made a news post about pascal, check it out :)

6 hours ago, _Shaho said:

The story goes as follows; I've become a lover of ITX builds, as I am not a fan of SLI and like how ITX builds seem like they make the most of the space they are given. Given this appeal, I'd like to make the most of an ITX build to the point of making both the GPU and CPU watercooled by AIO loops - I'm nowhere near as experienced as you people here at LTT's e-cave, so I have come in search of some advice.

Okay, before I start giving you any advice, could you tell me:

Your budget,

Use cases of this build.

Number of monitors you have, and their resolution. Or what resolution would you play games at.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

8 hours ago, Shahnewaz said:

Okay, before I start giving you any advice, could you tell me:

Your budget,

Use cases of this build.

Number of monitors you have, and their resolution. Or what resolution would you play games at.

Thanks for the response.

1. Money isn't an issue.

2. Rendering, gaming, streaming, and overclocking.

3. Will use a single 1440p monitor for main uses and a 1080p monitor for multitasking like web browsing whilst streaming etc.

10 hours ago, _Shaho said:

Thanks for the response.

1. Money isn't an issue.

2. Rendering, gaming, streaming, and overclocking.

3. Will use a single 1440p monitor for main uses and a 1080p monitor for multitasking like web browsing whilst streaming etc.

So you will play games art 1440P, right?

And what kind of streaming are we talking about?

Also, overclocking components may or may not be recommended based on the type of workloads you will be putting. So if you have any extreme CPU intensive work that you will do, let me know beforehand.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.