All in One (AIO)

So I will start a little story time here since I never have posted on LTT before. This PC building thing started shortly after watching an episode of south park about world of Warcraft, I had placed a play station 4 on order since ps3 era was coming to an end. I borrowed my moms mac book and toyed around with world of Warcraft for a little bit then got my girl friend into it and we both made it to level 80 on mac computers. when the play station 4 launched I stopped playing WoW to go back on console but i soon realized that the PS4 was a pile of garbage, i could not change the back ground and all my downloaded games from digital would NOT work on the new platform, however i knew it was not back wards compatible but for some reason i thought that was discs, controllers etc. and in my mind i thought the digital stuff would work. Then i saw some cool game called black light retribution and another game called warframe for ps4 and my buddy (pc gamer) laughed and said that those games had already been out on pc for quite some time, that was the final straw on that pile a crap PS4 all this happened in a span of 4 days. I traded my playstation for some car parts and went to learn how to build a PC. i introduce my first computer ive ever owned.

IMG_3314.JPG

Lets go over how i got to this point right here because there is a lot going on.

IMG_2248.JPG

this is day number 5 of our story here, i had to stop here because my bank would not allow any more than $2000 per day of debit transactions and i had purchased gas early in the day so guess the graphics card can wait till tomorrow.

I have a ton of pictures of me building the PC but I'm sure many of you has seen that already and that's not interesting so lets jump to the custom mods and things that make this build unique because this rig is portable.

IMG_2450.JPG

here is a 19" TV that is 12 volts i removed the backing hardware speakers and power on\volume controls.

IMG_2449.JPG 

i started to see that there was quite a bit of room in the pc case so i got the cut off wheel out and set to work cutting some of the brackets out of the chassis to mount the tv inside the case.

IMG_2463.JPG

now it would not be mobile gaming system with out some form of sound, since i could not figure out how to use the TV speakers i decided to pick up an amp, this amp is also 12 volts and it is the same size an a dvd drive so i mounted it up in one of the dvd drive slots.

IMG_2467.JPG

the front clip still snaps into place hiding the amp behind it, so when the pc is just sitting around it looks like a normal computer.

IMG_2482.JPG

now for speakers i mounted them on some scrap Plexiglas i had sitting around and then used 2 kenwood classics 4" full range speakers. i placed them on both sides of the CPU heat sink just above the monitor.

IMG_2484.JPG

now here we are all packed up ready to move the pc to where ever i wanna go. the side panel still slides on to protect my screen from damage and keep my speakers from getting poked. Now these items in the pc case are powered off the power supply 120v inlet then i have it branched off of that internally to 2 power bricks that drop down to 12v for the monitor and internal amp. why did i do this? because when i go to a buddys house or my girls house i only need 1 power outlet not 2 or 3 just one cord plug in and start it up, keeps it clean no cable mess just one cord for power.  so how to start all this up is find a place to put the pc, remove side window using the thumb screws, plug in your 1 power cord, short hdmi and controller and bam your off and going. but remember you don't need to use the built in monitor, this is the portable aspect of this rig.

now that i have had some fun on pc i am never looking back that that garbage console pleb shit again. pc gamig is where its at, but since i have only known consoles my entire life i was having a hard time doing the KBM style of game play, so i introduce to you my training wheels.

IMG_2818.JPG

this is a number pad that i took apart and mounted a hacked off play station controller to the bottom of it so i can play it like a controller and hot key the game to the number pad. since the number pad was for business  the cord was hella short, so i cut that and modded it to be way way long for the lazy sofa gaming.

IMG_3176.JPG

i have been playing many games on this game pad and the plastic is getting very brittle from all the use, the 5 key is cracking so i used some glue to fix that up, then the other key broke off. i use this pad for heros of the storm, diablo3 and starwars battle front. lots of use on it.

(still editing ran out of picture space brb)

so as the saga continues my girl friend and i bought a new fixer upper house. i still wanted to have my pc set up for looking up things online and music while i worked etc. so i set up temporary on this table here, i want you to note all the DUST, my computer is one big dust ball, i ripped up 1200 foot of tile and re did the master bedroom, bathroom, laundry room, guest bath hall and living room. doing all the sheet rock work, tile and remodels crated one hell of a pc nightmare, the dust in the house was horrible for this time.IMG_2964.JPG

so this desk set up sucks lets fix this, how bout a custom table made just for my pc and set up.

IMG_2961.JPG

here we are, this table is free cyled from mostly scrap wood. the cherry hard wood edge and power cut out is left over cherry base boards, the legs are 2'' PVC recycled from bath remodel (yes i washed them out) and the structure under is made from an old pallet. the top is the only new part. this table is mounted to the studs in the wall so it is free floating but the legs were put on because i had an idea to run the cords up the tubes on the legs under the table but i didn't get that far yet. now lets do something crazy, how about we suspend the 2 monitors from the celling in the room, that way only the pc is resting on the table. yea lets try it.

IMG_2995.JPG 

here we are, used a 2x8 plank cut at 45 degrees and mounted to the studs on the walls, then i used an old hand rail from some stairs to make the drop down for the monitor mounts.

IMG_2996.JPG

here we are the floating mount point is height adjustable so i can get it just perfect how i like it.

IMG_2998.JPG

the arms are jointed so i was able to get a good angle on the 2 monitors how i liked it.

IMG_2999.JPG

and here we are full floating monitors, this way my cables don't get tangled on the desk and i can slide my keyboard under here and out of the way when i play using a game pad or controller.

IMG_2997.JPG

here we are, note all the dust in my pc from the home construction i been doing? yea made me sick thinking about what was inside my pc.

IMG_2968.JPG

something like this was what i was after. not bad.

IMG_3218.JPG

then things got crazy when i didn't like the cables on the floor collecting dog hair and dust, so i mounted the power strip up on the post and tied up the cables.

now since i am new to LTT here i didn't know you had a 20mb pic upload max size, so i break this down a few times because pics or it didn't happen right? so i picked up 2 more graphics cards over the next few months, when i was finighed with the home remodel i decided to do a good cleaning of my pc and install my other GPUs

IMG_3025.JPG

evga gtx 780 ftw to add to the other one, these 2 will run SLI

IMG_3029.JPG

and a zotac 750 to run my other monitors and handle PHYSX

IMG_3275.JPG

i mounted the 750 up front and used some self tapping screws to hold it in place using its existing plate, i had to remove the drive bay cages and rework my sli cooling fan. i used PCI ribbon cable to get the pci all the way over to this 750.

IMG_3230.JPG

ok so in this photo you can see how there is a post to the right hand side of my GPUs, that post is a structural post i put in to help hold up my cards, the transportable style of the pc means my cards can flex a lot and potentially break.

IMG_3231.JPG

see all the contact points are mostly in the middle of the pci slot, that means it is not pushing or pulling on the mother board but just perfectly centered in the socket.

IMG_3232.JPG

here is the ribbon cable i ran under the lower card curled behind the mother board, i had to cut the slot in the bottom of the case bigger to fit the cables and ribbon into it.

IMG_3236.JPG

sli on the 780 cards and phisX on the 750, then i hook up my out door monitor to the 750 IMG_3313.JPG

this is in my work shop, a junker tv and a junker KB with a junker mouse. I bought some cat5 cables and put plugs on the ends of them to go to some special adapters for HDMI to cat5 back to HDMI and one more for USB to cat5 back to USB, so i have access to a PC in my work shop. i mounted this all up pretty easy using some scrap wood from the stuff ive built.

IMG_3276.JPG

Since i do live in Arizona it is quite hot nearly all the time, so i had some fans i decided to put in the case, i have hindered air flow with that 750 and also the tv built in puts off heat, running sli is hot, pretty much a battle against heat. I used some fan splitters and am controlling them from the software included in my motherboard.

IMG_2799.JPG

Now it was my buddys birthday, and he lives in Utah so i wanted to get him something cool, i was at best buy and saw this keyboard, its a razer black widow Chroma, full rgb mechanical board and its very cool. i figured it was just a bit boring tho, his favorite color is blue and i had debated over going with a blue keyboard but that is a bit much on color so here we are, i did a little more natural style and went with pear metallic white.

i started by figuring out how to take apart the keyboard IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_2801.JPG

this part of the board bugged me, it was flat here and there are some lights under it that show num lock cap lock etc, how are you supposed to see these with this like this, it was fuzzy half assed finish job on this part of the product. so i changed it, there is a white tint film under it so i marked and drilled the holes in the bezel then counter sunk them in to eliminate the 90 degree sharp edge, sanded them in and polished the surface for the finished look.

IMG_2804.JPG

i went with a blue under tone before doing my white, was doing the tint white blue metallic look, wet sanding in dustings of white metallic to meld the colors together.

IMG_2811.JPG

i hand sanded the WASD keys and hand painted the sides of the key caps masking them off and doing a hard finish on the blue paint for the wasd keys.  i wet sanded in the layers and layers of white then added his gamer tag to the board up by the holes for the num cap lock stuff. after all that i sprayed the bezel with clear coat sanding that in at 1000 then 5000 grit, polished it off with wax and finished that wax with a speed slick wax. i shipped it to him in the keyboard box wrapped in BLUE paper. he was so excited to get a custom board.  

3 minutes ago, Fourmi Kill3r said:

Sorry, but it's probably the weirdest modded pc i've ever seen! O_O

should see what i do with cars LOL

Just now, ZXTjato said:

should see what i do with cars LOL

No... no... please no! xD

1 minute ago, TheCamba said:

I'd be down to see what you do with cars.

Well, me too actually, but i will prepare the kleenex for my tears.

5 minutes ago, TheCamba said:

I'd be down to see what you do with cars.

IMG_2487.JPG

killer gaming pc out in the shop at a buddys house working on transmissions?

the web site i have my car builds on seems to be offline for some reason, not sure why.

Scrapyard wars season 4.2 - Kid modders edition!

Don't take that personnal please x)

1 minute ago, Fourmi Kill3r said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Scrapyard wars season 4.2 - Kid modders edition!

Don't take that personnal please x)

i don't think kids build custom desks with multi GPU portable pcs tho. the full reason i went about all this was because i saw some video on LTT about some lame ass aio PC that looked no where near how i built my pc. that's why i thought id share  some of what i did, pc stuff is new to me i am convert from console so i am sure there are plenty of things that need help on my rig

1 minute ago, ZXTjato said:

i don't think kids build custom desks with multi GPU portable pcs tho. the full reason i went about all this was because i saw some video on LTT about some lame ass aio PC that looked no where near how i built my pc. that's why i thought id share  some of what i did, pc stuff is new to me i am convert from console so i am sure there are plenty of things that need help on my rig

When did you build it?

And you wrote that you can't change the background of a ps4... actually, you can change it. There are free backgrounds and backgrounds that costs money

When did you build it?

well i started getting the parts a few weeks before the 900 gpus launched so i paid full price for my 780ftw card, this has been a rolling build getting better and better as time goes, say 1.5 years and its my first pc i ever even owned. computers in my house have never been a thing. i didn't even have internet until i moved out of my dads house in 2009

2 minutes ago, ZXTjato said:

well i started getting the parts a few weeks before the 900 gpus launched so i paid full price for my 780ftw card, this has been a rolling build getting better and better as time goes, say 1.5 years and its my first pc i ever even owned. computers in my house have never been a thing. i didn't even have internet until i moved out of my dads house in 2009

Do you plan on upgrading your rig? 

Sooooo... you are telling me you modded your FIRST pc? GG

21 minutes ago, ZXTjato said:

IMG_2811.JPG

Also, i love this modded keyboard

Do you plan on upgrading your rig? 

when i buy my t28 turbo and limited slip diff probably, these 780s run way hot and most people say the 900s run cooler, but new gpus are coming out any way, so i may just do that. as of right now its pretty good. the 780s sli is not that terribly old, plus that 750 to handle phisx I'm sure I'm fine for quite a while, unless something comes out that is more crazy than i can run it might be long while before i upgrade.

How did you do that modded blackidow? I want the same!!

I love the white on it! (it will fit with my rig)

I would like every single step please ... if possible :) 

How did you do that modded blackidow? I want the same!!

well i bought it for my buddy and he lives in Utah so i cant take any more pics than what i had already. I pretty much just took the outer bezel off the board and sanded down the rim with 150 grit, used acetone to open the pores in the plastic then quickly sprayed it with a body filler primer gray. after the spray i sanded down a few more times with light coats of blue metallic. then i used rustolium pearl white spray sand spray sand spray sand etc till it was all done. finished off with a clear coat and sand that in to get the shine, working up in sand paper grit. then i waxed it with hard wax and a polisher to get the clear coat to a hard finish. after all that i gave it a speed slick (lucas brand) the holes up top tho i had to mark and use the right size bit, then i went with a 45 degree chamfer bit  and a sand paper to remove any bit marks, i also had a bit stopper on there so all the holes are the chamfered the same depth

2 minutes ago, ZXTjato said:

well i bought it for my buddy and he lives in Utah so i cant take any more pics than what i had already. I pretty much just took the outer bezel off the board and sanded down the rim with 150 grit, used acetone to open the pores in the plastic then quickly sprayed it with a body filler primer gray. after the spray i sanded down a few more times with light coats of blue metallic. then i used rustolium pearl white spray sand spray sand spray sand etc till it was all done. finished off with a clear coat and sand that in to get the shine, working up in sand paper grit. then i waxed it with hard wax and a polisher to get the clear coat to a hard finish. after all that i gave it a speed slick (lucas brand) the holes up top tho i had to mark and use the right size bit, then i went with a 45 degree chamfer bit  and a sand paper to remove any bit marks, i also had a bit stopper on there so all the holes are the chamfered the same depth

Thank you!

I seriously love the white on the Blackwidow Chroma!!

Mine is black... the only color available ...

Thank you!

I seriously love the white on the Blackwidow Chroma!!

just be extremely gentle when removing the bezel there are clips on the back side if i remember correctly, even tho all the screws are out its still hanging in there real tight, and don't lose the tint strips, they are white, one on the logo by the space bar and one up top where i did the holes. i use a plastic spudger tool to get that thing apart with out scratching it. and remember to use good products, i also made the paint very heavy on ther so it would not wear off scratch off etc. he has not scratched my finish yet so i assume since he playes on that thing every day i did it right. here i buy my friend a new keyboard and yet i have a shit 10$ wallmart board lol

modding PC parts is not my first skill, doing cars and engines is more my thing pc stuff is on the side. IMG_3309.JPG

this was 3 weeks ago when i had a piston skirt come apart and rings decent grate on the other piston dunno wtf happened with that one.

so while my car was down i decided to buy a few new things for my pc, i got rid of that home made game pad and bought the razer tartus, deathadder mouse, and over price firefly mouse pad.

IMG_3219 (2).JPG

IMG_3314.JPG

i also like to use the logitec game pad for playing the witcher 3