How do processor speeds change load times?

I noticed the new iPhone 6s is very fast but I wasn't sure if it was because of the new processor or if it was because of the storage (I think it's NVMe). But finally my suspicions were confirmed when the New 3DS had extremely fast speeds compared to the old one with only a CPU speed increase.

2 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

I noticed the new iPhone 6s is very fast but I wasn't sure if it was because of the new processor or if it was because of the storage (I think it's NVMe). But finally my suspicions were confirmed when the New 3DS had extremely fast speeds compared to the old one with only a CPU speed increase.

Both processor speed and storage speeds can have a huge impact on speed. A processor being faster can lead to better load times because it can perform the same amount of calculations in a shorter amount of time.

Sig under construction.

Although Tedster did basically answer your question, I'll just add to his answer. The iPhone 6S does NOT have a microSD card, and recently Android allows microSD cards to act as additional storage, and not just for storing photos and videos. (It will not work on all updated devices though, unless you root which can be extremely risky and voids warranty)

The smaller the storage, the slower the processor, because your device need space to run things smoothly. (Ex. Cache participates a huge impact to speed, although it can stack up really fast depending on your usage). If the processors small, your going to require a lot of free space, just to make sure to keep your device running at optimal speed.

By the way, 3DS is designed for gaming, so it has to be fast, or nobody will want it. Phones are extremely fast today, and they are designed for gaming, but this only applies to mid-range and high-end phones. Low-end phones are basically just for basic tasks such as texting, calling, and possibly video streaming. Just note that smartphones and 3DS are a completely different category, although they'll probably use similar components.

-Kevin-