Asus x550l Display problem

Hi, I have a friend with an Asus x550l 

All of a sudden 2 days ago he couldn't start the laptop, at a service they said that the power button is oxidized

Now they told him that the Display is failing (he never had any problem with it) after a few mins it turns black.

My question is if something like this is possible??An LCD panel to fail all of a sudden??

Can a display die like this or that guy wants to charge my friend extra money because the button was an easy fix??

(Some services do tend to do things like this here)

I would be careful about what any tech support tells you. I'm not sure if a display could fail like that. It could be driver issues or a bug with the install of windows.

My GTX 970 carries me to global.

everything is possible... soo....dunno how we can help you with that... if you want to fix it yourself then do it... or if you know anyone trustworthy to check it for you, tech support is always tech support.. noone in the world trust them... so...

I know, the thing is that he never had problems with it, usually is the flex band what fails, not the LCD, something smells fishy here

4 minutes ago, alex26aly said:

Hi, I have a friend with an Asus x550l 

All of a sudden 2 days ago he couldn't start the laptop, at a service they said that the power button is oxidized

Now they told him that the Display is failing (he never had any problem with it) after a few mins it turns black.

My question is if something like this is possible??An LCD panel to fail all of a sudden??

Can a display die like this or that guy wants to charge my friend extra money because the button was an easy fix??

(Some services do tend to do things like this here)

A display can die suddenly ( it is really rare), but their is a very big change that is a cord or two that needs to be changed (loose connection or something like that). I can't say for sure since I don't have the laptop in my hands.

If there is still warrenty they should do the fix for free, I can't really see how it is his fault this is happening, unless their is a lot of humidity in the air where he lives and uses it.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.