Looking For a New Monitor

Luke Bense-Kang

Hi, I'm getting into CS:GO, and I'm well aware that a 144HZ monitor is essential to becoming "pro."  I'm wondering though if I should get the Asus VG248QE, or wait until new BenQ or Asus monitors come out, etc.  Please Respond, thanks!

The first question is do you have a PC setup that can even power 144FPS?

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

4 minutes ago, Luke Bense-Kang said:

Yes, I have a GTX 760.

Wow, I just looked up frame rate test's I am amazed. Apparently it will hit 150 FPS in CS:GO (that's what I get for not playing no intensive games) My bad.

Umm give me a sec let me check the models options.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

I get 250+ frames on CS:GO, so no, I wouldn't be wasting money.

4 minutes ago, Mcmole said:

So...The answer is no. You don't. A GTX 760 is by no means powerful enough to get that sort of frame rate, and you would be throwing your cash away trying to get a 144Hz monitor.

i have no idea how would CS:Go perform but i doubt it's a demanding game

so the GTX 760 should be able to pump quite a high framerate

9 minutes ago, Luke Bense-Kang said:

I'm well aware that a 144HZ monitor is essential to becoming "pro."

you'll want a monitor with not just low response time, but also low input lag

look for those

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Luke Bense-Kang said:

I get 250+ frames on CS:GO, so no, I wouldn't be wasting money.

Sorry, I didn't relise how little CSGO needs for high frame rates:P You are correct. give me a sec and I'll have a look at the too models.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

The Asus VG248QE that you stated would be a fantastic choice, not only is it G-Sync ready but also 3d Ready, With a 1ms response. There is little more you would need when it comes to FPS gaming and it comes highly viewed. Looks awesome for the price man. Up to you if you want to wait or not. But make sure if you do use this monitor you will need a Display Port connection that can support 144Hz or a older DVI connection..coming of the GPU of-course.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Mcmole said:

The Asus VG248QE that you stated would be a fantastic choice, not only is it G-Sync ready but also 3d Ready, With a 1ms response. There is little more you would need when it comes to FPS gaming and it comes highly viewed. Looks awesome for the price man. Up to you if you want to wait or not. But make sure if you do use this monitor you will need a Display Port connection that can support 144Hz or a older DVI connection..coming of the GPU of-course.

The G-Sync module kit for the VG248QE was a limited time promotion which has not been available for a long time, it doesn't really make sense to list it as a bullet point for that monitor.