4K 27" Monitor for Gaming & Editing

zachwest23

Hi, can someone recommend a good 4k 27" monitor mainly used for gaming and editing? I want to have 2 in my setup, and I know that it's hard to find ones cheap but does anyone that has knowledge of one or has one tell me? Thanks!

1) are there 144hz 4k displays?

2) pg278Q isnt 4k, it's 1440p iirc o.O

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

1) are there 144hz 4k displays?

2) pg278Q isnt 4k, it's 1440p iirc o.O

1) I now realize that I put 4k

2) I now realize that I put 4l

Anyways, do you think it is an ideal monitor?

1 minute ago, ZachS said:

Anyways, do you think it is an ideal monitor?

what purpose? purely gaming? or gaming + working on the side (can be student work or w/e)

if gaming, what games

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Well, I'm planning on having the 2 monitors for my PC to multitask while editing photos or videos but also play games like CS:GO and Farcry 4.

You wont want to play any game on two monitors... either one or three. Get one of these and go for something else that is cheaper with seccondary monitor.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

You wont want to play any game on two monitors... either one or three. Get one of these and go for something else that is cheaper with seccondary monitor.

I was planning on using both for my normal PC use, editing, browsing, etc but only 1 for while I game aswell as have a playstation connected to one and switch between inputs. Now that you say using 3 monitors would be best. Do you know of any 4K monitors that would suite me best?

15 minutes ago, ZachS said:

I was planning on using both for my normal PC use, editing, browsing, etc but only 1 for while I game aswell as have a playstation connected to one and switch between inputs. Now that you say using 3 monitors would be best. Do you know of any 4K monitors that would suite me best?

I use two, it's fine. I don't game across both of course, I just have the game on my main monitor and other stuff on my secondary monitor.

When you say "both for editing", does that mean you expect your editing program to span across both monitors, or that you'd have it on one and use the other monitor for other windows?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!