Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScootsMcgoots

What era would you prefer the next Battlefield to be set in?

Next Battlefield's setting?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What era would you prefer the next Battlefield game to be set in ?

• World War two ( Eastern theater)
    • World War one
    • Modern/near future
    • Futuristic
    • World War Two ( Pacific theater )
    • Korean War
    • Vietnam War

Posted · Original PosterOP

Since the next Battlefield is being announced this Friday, I was wondering what era other people would prefer the title to be set in. Honestly I'm really hoping for it to be set in the past. 

CPU: i7 3770 ( Cooled by H60)  GPU: GTX 970 STRIX  RAM16gb Hyperx fury 1600mhz ( 8GBx2)  MOBO: Asus P8Z77M  PSU: Corsair AX 760 Case: Corsair 350D    Storage: Kingston 240gb 3k SSD,  4 TB WD Red , 1TB segate HDD     Mouse: Logitech G pro Keyboard:Logitech G pro    Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 SE  DAC/AMP: Fiio EK10 Microphone: Blue Yeti

World War II.

We haven't had a decent WWII game in a while. And i love kicking everyone's arse using my trusty Kar98k, when they play like scrubs with the PPSh-41.

Plus, would be nice to see some Tiger / Panther tanks in a decent, modern game engine.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Definitely WW2 or a similar era without all of the modern or futuristic weapons. Pretty much all shooter games are modern/futuristic at the moment, would be nice to have something more like the old Call of Duty games with satisfying guns. 

2 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

World War II.

We haven't had a decent WWII game in a while. And i love kicking everyone's ass using my trusty Kar98k, when they play like scrubs with the PPSh-41.

Plus, would be nice to see some Tiger / Panther tanks in HD.

The complaints I hear are "old guns would limit the potential for weapon attachments".  To me I don't care, as long as the weapons are solid( as in control,balance etc) I'm good.  Also wouldn't it be kinda cool to see some of Africa during WW2?  I don't think I've seen  WW2 FPS games use Africa as a locale recently.

CPU: i7 3770 ( Cooled by H60)  GPU: GTX 970 STRIX  RAM16gb Hyperx fury 1600mhz ( 8GBx2)  MOBO: Asus P8Z77M  PSU: Corsair AX 760 Case: Corsair 350D    Storage: Kingston 240gb 3k SSD,  4 TB WD Red , 1TB segate HDD     Mouse: Logitech G pro Keyboard:Logitech G pro    Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 SE  DAC/AMP: Fiio EK10 Microphone: Blue Yeti

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Definitely WW2 or a similar era without all of the modern or futuristic weapons. Pretty much all shooter games are modern/futuristic at the moment, would be nice to have something more like the old Call of Duty games with satisfying guns. 

Same.  I know this sounds stupid but the reason I really enjoy flight combat in WW2 games is there are no lock on weapons to take you down, only bullets and anti air guns.  Also I notice these futuristic/ modern  games try to pack in wayy  too many weapons ( Battlefield 4) and there are allot of useless weapons.  I'd rather have a  dozen purposeful and well designed weapons.

it sounds boring for most people but i prefer the mordern up to date theme

"Well, not even last night's storm could wake you. I heard them say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go."

1 minute ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

The complaints I hear are "old guns would limit the potential for weapon attachments".  To me I don't care, as long as the weapons are solid( as in control,balance etc) I'm good.  Also wouldn't it be kinda cool to see some of Africa during WW2?  I don't think I've seen  WW2 FPS games use Africa as a locale recently.

Definitely. Would love to see some WWII content set in Africa.

As for the whole weapon attachment thing, the only attachments i would like the option to use, would be a scope or bayonet on my bolt action. For SMG's, they should only have an up-gradable clip. I.e, stock Thompson = 25 round horizontal mag. Up-gradable to a drum mug. The MP40 should get dual mags stuck together for faster reload. etc

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

1 minute ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

Same.  I know this sounds stupid but the reason I really enjoy flight combat in WW2 games is there are no lock on weapons to take you down, only bullets and anti air guns.

I miss the long bolt action rifles in the WW2 games. They're so much nicer to use. But yeah, I like how there's basically no automated weapons in WW2 games. 

3 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

Definitely. Would love to see some WWII content set in Africa.

As for the whole weapon attachment thing, the only attachments i would like the option to use, would be a scope or bayonet on my bolt action. For SMG's, they should only have an up-gradable clip. I.e, stock Thompson = 25 round horizontal mag. Up-gradable to a drum mug. The MP40 should get dual mags stuck together for faster reload. etc

Now that I think of it, the only military game in my recent memory set in Africa is MGS V.   I'll admit I am a bit of a fanboy of the series, but I thought it was cool how they used Afghanistan and Africa in the 80s as the backdrop.  You don't see those covered in military games today. 

Less future....

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

Stone age.

It seems the people behind Far Cry thought it was a good idea so why not?

/s

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

World War 2 (European/East and Asian/Pacific Theatres would both be cool), though it'd be interesting to see a game do something with the Korean War and Vietnam war.

I wasn't interested in the Battlefield series but I think a WW2 themed game would be cool.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 74% (content loudness 2.7dB)

One where you don't die in 2 hits, your health doesn't regenerate and modding isn't disabled to force overpriced dlc down your throat.

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

Civil War

My system

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  Board: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition  GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-2400 CAS 11  SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB  HDD0: HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM

HDD1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM  HDD2: WD Black 1TB 7200RPM  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro  PSU: Antec Neo Eco 620C

Cold War in an alternate timeline with an interesting three way of Nazis, Murica and something like an Asian coalition.

/// POLICE ASSAULT IN PROGRESS ///

Here's my idea, for Battlefield or for CoD.

We are so far into the future that we have time travel, and some enemy dude sends us back to like WWII or Vietnam or something. We have to slowly get our awesome future weapon tech back and fuck up the past dudes with their shitty guns, then work to get back to the future (aw yea) and kick the ass of the dude who sent us back.

INTEL CORE i7 4820K | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | GIAGBYTE X79-UP4 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB | NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB | WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 570X | EVGA BQ 650W

I haven't seen to many games based in Korea, It would be really cool to sea some sort of not to distant future wars set in Korea, I know homefront did it, but homefrunt sucks.

WW2! Love the old weapons.

CPU: i7 2700K @4.5Ghz Mobo: Intel DZ77-RE 75K RAM: Team Extreme 16GB 1600Mhz GPU: Gigabyte 7970 Windforce PSU: Antec 520W Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Storage: 4TB WD Red + 1TB Seagate Barracuda Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

They should have multi generational war theaters. From WW1 to WW2 to Vietnam to Gulf War etc. 

Ryzen 3600 Phanteks P400  CoolerMaster 240mm Liquid lite AIO  MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon   MSI GTX 970 4GD5T    Team DDR4 2x8GB Vulcan Z 3200mhz   2x Samsung 850evo's 500GB SSD  Seagate Barracuda 3TB  Logitech G15 keyboard Logitech G502 mouse Seasonic M12 II Bronze 620w  Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit