Pixelated Shadows,Texture Pop Ins,Low Draw Distance in all games

On 7/18/2016 at 5:22 PM, SpeedUp10 said:

But why would people say that it fixed their Issue, i mean why the hell would they say UPS+Stabilisier , a troll would say idk ur GPU broked or smth similar.

there is only 2 people who claimed it worked... so

On 7/18/2016 at 6:28 PM, alphaproject said:

You should post your Witcher 3 footage.

Compare that to mine. Do you see problems with my footage or not?  Take a look at some of my other TW3 footage as well and tell me if you notice anything strange.  You have to watch this in 1080 60fps or it looks like my frame rate is bad but it's not.

you have to try some fps games like csgo,battlefield,call of duty and focus the main screen to a shadow... we can notice if you have problems like us if you have those jagged shadows or not... your witcher 3 look good compared to mine.. for me every walk i do there is always 100 things getting detailed and of course i cant just not notice it considering i have a small monitor (768p) and all of those issues are fighting to fit in my screen... when i enable dof in witcher 3.. it look so bad... i mean it look good for others but for me it makes my witcher 3 look so bad.. the far distance with the dof effect have so many dancing jagged lines everywhere and i know it also appear even dof is disabled but its just me who notice it.. i can just unnotice those lines dancing but when dof is enabled.. i cant just not notice them... and bro are you having bugs in witcher 3 like in cutscenes there is a bunch of pop ins,low detailed faces in the distance and for the best one... white dotted lines in walls sometimes and are you also having shadows problem in witcher 3 like low shadow distance and that black dot shadows issue or it is just us?

On 7/18/2016 at 6:28 PM, alphaproject said:

You should post your Witcher 3 footage.

Compare that to mine. Do you see problems with my footage or not?  Take a look at some of my other TW3 footage as well and tell me if you notice anything strange.  You have to watch this in 1080 60fps or it looks like my frame rate is bad but it's not.

i also notice i am using the first version of the game and i completely dont have those settings you have... maybe i need to update my game and wait i tell you something why am i using a old version of the game.. (ITS CRACKED xD) maybe there is some graphical increase in the new versions

14 hours ago, SpeedUp10 said:

Untitled.png

wow dude in that part my water reflections are going to disappear and reappear too many times and they are dancing due to the jagged lines...

To be honest it's kinda weird. My dads GT 660M was running MW2 perfectly fine with max settings. I think you have a problem with drivers.

No we dont have any problem with drivers, if u actually read the thread.

Its just a fking mystery which frustrating me every day and every time i play. Everything so jagged with like unnormal flimmeringand other shit which shouldnt happen. Im so done i tried everything without succes. If this Ups+stabilizer wont do it i can literally give up pc gaming. 

On 6-7-2016 at 3:10 PM, KenjiD5 said:

nope.. but considering there is a new gpu.. go buy one if you have the money.. i dont have the money yet but i think there is no problems in that new nvidia gpu or amd gpu if you want to

ok, tomorrow ill send my brand new pc back *sigh*

they will look at it, and if needed change some components (or just assemble a brand new system). Now i dont have the pop in and draw distance problem, so i dont think i have the same problem you guys have, but ill tell you guys if the problem gets fixed. I really hope one day we`ll know the problem that causes all of this bullshit.  

2 hours ago, Zemzemma said:

ok, tomorrow ill send my brand new pc back *sigh*

they will look at it, and if needed change some components (or just assemble a brand new system). Now i dont have the pop in and draw distance problem, so i dont think i have the same problem you guys have, but ill tell you guys if the problem gets fixed. I really hope one day we`ll know the problem that causes all of this bullshit.  

I dont have pop ins aswell and draw distsnce, its engine side nothing to do with us, its more like i said massive flimmering jagged edges and poor texture quality kinda like a bit washed out idk. Using DSR or any kind of AA doesnt help like 000000...

720p gaming will always look terrible now though. I've played The Sims 4 on 720p vs 1080p and the difference is night and day with the jaggies.

Never go back to 720p... that's one rule. As for the draw distance, yea that's got me confused.

I've seen the texture pop ups even on 1080 cards but once it happens, they reload a checkpoint, then it's fixed. That's the engine, not the PC itself.

I think maybe you guys are just super sensitive to graphics. Perhaps you're eyes pick up things others don't. I see issues with games all the time I just don't complain... because there is nothing I can do about it.

Hello everyone,

I guess im gonna join your club. here's my story

Bought this rig November 2015

Asus Z170 Deluxe MOBO

Intel Core i7 Skylake 6700k

32GB Corsair 2666 Ram

2x Asus 980Ti Strix SLI

1000w EVGA 80plusTitanium PSU

Everything was working fine until I purchased GTA V on 27th of June 2016 only to get this magical bug, virus or whatever the heck it is (yeah @iiNNeX I read your 98 page thread on nvidia's forum). Now I remember getting Witcher 3 Blood and wine on 3rd of June and playing it until 12th of June and I remember it was gorgeous and not a single flicker or aliasing or white pixel was to be seen. So something happened between 12th of June of 27th of June that triggered this problem for me. I've had this PC for nearly 7 months and It's the first time it happened. The only thing that happened between this period was getting a PS4 and connecting it to the same power extension cord that my PC is connected to. But I doubt it's anything power related since my PS4 is working perfectly (Just played Uncharted 4). Also tested with different monitor and tv.

Things I tried:

Reinstalling Drivers

Reinstalling Windows (This was the time where I had to cross out any software or driver related problem)

Switching the GPUs place (top went to bottom and bottom to top)

Disabling SLI

Plugging to different power outlets

Now, we all have nearly the same symptoms, I sat down, gathered all the evidence there is and started analyzing. Here's the results:

In most games, (Including Witcher 3) the textures doing the flickering can be categorized in 3 different groups:

1. Decals, Vegetation, Transparent objects (Glass, Fence)

2. Geralt's armor, some baskets, some types of cloth

3. Metallic props, water reflections (White Pixels)

Now if any of my 5 years of studying game art assist me, the first group has one thing in common and that is alpha mask, which are assigned to Alpha channels of albedo or diffuse textures specially in PBR practices.

Second group I'm guessing is Micro-Details usually stored as micro detail normal maps or heightmaps which only renders fully when player is close to the object.

Third is because of reflection. The white pixels are actually light reflections, which was very common with games using specular maps (which is really stupid compared to metallic/roughness workflow). Now this is where it gets weird; I'm pretty sure games like witcher use PBR (metallic/rough) and not old school specular stuff so its definitely something to do with gpu trying to render that.

Now I'm not a hardware guy and I'm just trying to connect the pieces here so correct me if I'm wrong. When I was testing I saw the same thing you guys been saying. The GPU is only trying to perfectly render only 2-3 meters from the player and as soon as I get far more than 3-4 meters from an object (Lets say thatch roof on a house or a basket), The ailaising looks the same as if it was 500 meters away (One thing that can support my claim is the CSM - Cascade shadow maps - around geralt where a light shafts disappears near him as he get 3 meters away). I know how CSMs work and this should not happen that close to Geralt. So the PC (Our mystery piece of hardware I dont know which that is responsible for this) cant tell the difference from an object too close (but still 3 meters away from player) the same as the object that is too far away, causing jagged edge as the pixels trying to adjust their location causing the famous flickering or pixel shimmering. Let me reword it better. It's like a situation where the game can only render close as in 3 meters perfectly and after that it starts rendering everything else crappy.

@iiNNeX I read all the things you tried on the other forum, your mystery virus theory may not be all that wrong. however "Virus" may be the wrong term for it. I a newbie when it comes to BIOS and hardware but I have a few theories:

1. Something triggered a change in vBIOS or MOBO's BIOS or even both where it changes a few parameters to the driver every time the OS changes or new driver is installed. Like I dunno maybe overheating that forced the GPU to go into safe mode disabling some capabilities of it (Which I'm not sure if BIOS is writable during use or even at all. Maybe it was a blue screen or a hard shut down).

2. Power, (I don't think the system would be that weak). Maybe some other Environment changes like ambient temp?

3. Ok dont laugh at this but I believe a spider went into my gpu and got fried, taking something with it while dying. (Srsly this is what i wanna believe rather than a hysteria or issue with game engine or etc.)

-Elijah D.

21 minutes ago, ElijahDar said:

Hello everyone,

I guess im gonna join your club. here's my story

Bought this rig November 2015

Asus Z170 Deluxe MOBO

Intel Core i7 Skylake 6700k

32GB Corsair 2666 Ram

2x Asus 980Ti Strix SLI

1000w EVGA 80plusTitanium PSU

Everything was working fine until I purchased GTA V on 27th of June 2016 only to get this magical bug, virus or whatever the heck it is (yeah @iiNNeX I read your 98 page thread on nvidia's forum). Now I remember getting Witcher 3 Blood and wine on 3rd of June and playing it until 12th of June and I remember it was gorgeous and not a single flicker or aliasing or white pixel was to be seen. So something happened between 12th of June of 27th of June that triggered this problem for me. I've had this PC for nearly 7 months and It's the first time it happened. The only thing that happened between this period was getting a PS4 and connecting it to the same power extension cord that my PC is connected to. But I doubt it's anything power related since my PS4 is working perfectly (Just played Uncharted 4). Also tested with different monitor and tv.

Things I tried:

Reinstalling Drivers

Reinstalling Windows (This was the time where I had to cross out any software or driver related problem)

Switching the GPUs place (top went to bottom and bottom to top)

Disabling SLI

Plugging to different power outlets

Now, we all have nearly the same symptoms, I sat down, gathered all the evidence there is and started analyzing. Here's the results:

In most games, (Including Witcher 3) the textures doing the flickering can be categorized in 3 different groups:

Now if any of my 5 years of studying game art assist me, the first group has one thing in common and that is alpha mask, which are assigned to Alpha channels of albedo or diffuse textures specially in PBR practices.

Second group I'm guessing is Micro-Details usually stored as micro detail normal maps or heightmaps which only renders fully when player is close to the object.

Third is because of reflection. The white pixels are actually light reflections, which was very common with games using specular maps (which is really stupid compared to metallic/roughness workflow). Now this is where it gets weird; I'm pretty sure games like witcher use PBR (metallic/rough) and not old school specular stuff so its definitely something to do with gpu trying to render that.

Now I'm not a hardware guy and I'm just trying to connect the pieces here so correct me if I'm wrong. When I was testing I saw the same thing you guys been saying. The GPU is only trying to perfectly render only 2-3 meters from the player and as soon as I get far more than 3-4 meters from an object (Lets say thatch roof on a house or a basket), The ailaising looks the same as if it was 500 meters away (One thing that can support my claim is the CSM - Cascade shadow maps - around geralt where a light shafts disappears near him as he get 3 meters away). I know how CSMs work and this should not happen that close to Geralt. So the PC (Our mystery piece of hardware I dont know which that is responsible for this) cant tell the difference from an object too close (but still 3 meters away from player) the same as the object that is too far away, causing jagged edge as the pixels trying to adjust their location causing the famous flickering or pixel shimmering. Let me reword it better. It's like a situation where the game can only render close as in 3 meters perfectly and after that it starts rendering everything else crappy.

@iiNNeX I read all the things you tried on the other forum, your mystery virus theory may not be all that wrong. however "Virus" may be the wrong term for it. I a newbie when it comes to BIOS and hardware but I have a few theories:

1. Something triggered a change in vBIOS or MOBO's BIOS or even both where it changes a few parameters to the driver every time the OS changes or new driver is installed. Like I dunno maybe overheating that forced the GPU to go into safe mode disabling some capabilities of it (Which I'm not sure if BIOS is writable during use or even at all. Maybe it was a blue screen or a hard shut down).

2. Power, (I don't think the system would be that weak). Maybe some other Environment changes like ambient temp?

3. Ok dont laugh at this but I believe a spider went into my gpu and got fried, taking something with it while dying. (Srsly this is what i wanna believe rather than a hysteria or issue with game engine or etc.)

-Elijah D.

Well, the 3. Point we already can take out just because we already changed every component without succes. But ur desceibe of the problem is really on point. I really have  no clue how this is possible, i played years and know how things should look like, but this bug fked like 4 months of my life now. I just wanna know what it is :/

And people still wanna try to say Its normal, just ignore it, but the diffence like it was before is so HUGE that u cant ignore it, at least in the most games. Flimmering shimmmering of jagged edges, everything in distance looks weird detailed and so on, no chance to not notice it.

6 hours ago, alphaproject said:

720p gaming will always look terrible now though. I've played The Sims 4 on 720p vs 1080p and the difference is night and day with the jaggies.

Never go back to 720p... that's one rule. As for the draw distance, yea that's got me confused.

I've seen the texture pop ups even on 1080 cards but once it happens, they reload a checkpoint, then it's fixed. That's the engine, not the PC itself.

I think maybe you guys are just super sensitive to graphics. Perhaps you're eyes pick up things others don't. I see issues with games all the time I just don't complain... because there is nothing I can do about it.

We both have a similar rig , i just have a 144hz monitor more, and i can guarantee you that my gameplay of Witcher 3 wouldnt look in anyway as good as yours  belive me i tried many many games . I doesnt have anything to do with of our sensivitve, that problems exist dude u think i cant see the diffrence of all my gameplays if they changed like from just a minute to the other? Belive me I wouldnt be here I wouldnt do this stress if i wouldnt be 100% sure that this isnt normal behaviour. Every game changed drastictly and isnt enjoyable anymore. 

welcome to the club brotha and please enjoy your stay..... even i know you wont enjoy the stay.....  we have a solution ( i think ) for now and it is the ups and stabilizer... yeah your ps4 might work fine because it does not have the same components as pc i think?! And for that things you have said... we match perfectly.. that problems in your pc is in my pc .. cooooooooooollll! 

and for @rrubberr who said i was using 1024x768p

nope im using 1366x768

i guess you can say you got

*puts sunglasses*

WRONGED!!

oooh get rekt

anyway im searching for a ups + stabilizer right now in shops and i dont know how it really looks and how does it work so....

anyway if one of you have the ups + stabilizer right now just do these things and tell us if this ups + stabilizer thing has workpc solution  how to.png

ooooh got some comment in my video

this is what he say!!!!

321234.png

we got solution NUMBER 2

It could be different problem. I think our problem is much different than others who found solution.

1 hour ago, KenjiD5 said:

ooooh got some comment in my video

this is what he say!!!!

321234.png

we got solution NUMBER 2

Well the only thing i agree with this is, that i didnt had this problem back in days with th 350.xx drivers. But thats make nosense because everyone are  updating their gpus so why only we and few other would get this problem.

So what u can try is a 350.xx driver but thats really no Solution anyway.

BUT: one thing letting me thinks its really a GPU issue somehow because like i said days before: my current gtx 970 suffer from this , i RMAed it , new gtx 970 still same, i bought gtx 1080 = still same, i put the amd card from my friend in and what happened? It fixed the fking Issue COMPLETLY. But only for a few minutes. BUT its fixed it , so what we can take out if this information? Its somehow gpu releated. But in which way....

REALLY his amd card fixed everything!!!!! I could see the diffrence immedatly!! Everything was beatiful again,no flimmering no massive jagged egdes everything smooth as fk.

Restarted game everything like it was on my gtx 970/1080 .

Guys we have to take care of this what im saying.

"REALLY his amd card fixed everything!!!!! I could see the diffrence immedatly!! Everything was beatiful again,no flimmering no massive jagged egdes everything smooth as fk.

Restarted game everything like it was on my gtx 970/1080 ."

This is what is the scariest thing.

Both cards.... cause issues... every 970, the almighty 1080... like "say what"

AMD card fixes issue until you restart game... then looks like trash again.

Good lord...   There seems to be no answers.

If going back to old drivers was the issue...the AMD thing would have been a permanent fix no?  It's crazy.

Plus reinstalling Windows is not a good solution for everyone.

Why this is happening is so crazy. Like the mobo doesn't like the GPU...or something, I really don't know.

im using 347.88 driver and have this problem and that means this is not a driver issue or i am still using 364.51 driver but the computer is just saying its 347.88... i forgot to use driver files removers program so i think the 364.51 files are still in my pc and i couldnt reinstall my driver again because the driver cd 347.88 is not reading anymore... 

i only heard few peoples saying they have these issues on amd cards and i think that those amd cards are good and does not have this problems at all... but the main problem about amd is that not every game supports it.. like gta v the amd performance was so bad compared to a nvidia one and the newest amd card that is fighting with gtx 1080 is corrupted and are killing cpu's so switching to amd is bad thing right now unless amd release a full working graphics card with no problems and heat problems... 

14 minutes ago, alphaproject said:

"REALLY his amd card fixed everything!!!!! I could see the diffrence immedatly!! Everything was beatiful again,no flimmering no massive jagged egdes everything smooth as fk.

Restarted game everything like it was on my gtx 970/1080 ."

This is what is the scariest thing.

Both cards.... cause issues... every 970, the almighty 1080... like "say what"

AMD card fixes issue until you restart game... then looks like trash again.

Good lord...   There seems to be no answers.

If going back to old drivers was the issue...the AMD thing would have been a permanent fix no?  It's crazy.

Plus reinstalling Windows is not a good solution for everyone.

Why this is happening is so crazy. Like the mobo doesn't like the GPU...or something, I really don't know.

Poorly I tried 3x Mainboards... 

And yeah like u said the driver thing makes nosense at all. My amd had to fix it  if it would the driver...

Just now, KenjiD5 said:

im using 347.88 driver and have this problem and that means this is not a driver issue or i am still using 364.51 driver but the computer is just saying its 347.88... i forgot to use driver files removers program so i think the 364.51 files are still in my pc and i couldnt reinstall my driver again because the driver cd 347.88 is not reading anymore... 

i only heard few peoples saying they have these issues on amd cards and i think that those amd cards are good and does not have this problems at all... but the main problem about amd is that not every game supports it.. like gta v the amd performance was so bad compared to a nvidia one and the newest amd card that is fighting with gtx 1080 is corrupted and are killing cpu's so switching to amd is bad thing right now unless amd release a full working graphics card with no problems and heat problems... 

You didnt understand that even if u change to AMD it wont fix it permanently. Like i said it fixed it till i restarted the game.. and i used DDU to uninstall the nvidia drivers. Its just freaking frusttating how we wont get any attention from any tech guy with high knowledge.

Just now, SpeedUp10 said:

You didnt understand that even if u change to AMD it wont fix it permanently. Like i said it fixed it till i restarted the game.. and i used DDU to uninstall the nvidia drivers. Its just freaking frusttating how we wont get any attention from any tech guy with high knowledge.

woah sorry i am not reading all of you guys what say completely... we have ups + stabilizer and the 2nd solution too so dont lose hope... or btw we might switch to console... :(  

NO 

i wont switch to console

console are for fags

and im no fag

im a pc master race member

and i will always play with my pc

even if my pc have this problems

jk im just kidding i cant play anymore xD 

Just now, KenjiD5 said:

woah sorry i am not reading all of you guys what say completely... we have ups + stabilizer and the 2nd solution too so dont lose hope... or btw we might switch to console... :(  

NO 

i wont switch to console

console are for fags

and im no fag

im a pc master race member

and i will always play with my pc

even if my pc have this problems

jk im just kidding i cant play anymore xD 

Whatever the problem is , its somehow related to the GPU something triggering it in the gpu,  i feel like. As it happened to the amd card..

3 minutes ago, SpeedUp10 said:

Whatever the problem is , its somehow related to the GPU something triggering it in the gpu,  i feel like. As it happened to the amd card..

we never know... lets do this ups + stabilizer solution first so we know if this is something about electricity

7 hours ago, ElijahDar said:

Guys, I know saying this wont be of any help, but I'm just going to give a heads up. doesn't matter if you buy $300 UPS, It won't be fixed by that (even tho I really wanna see the results). The only reason I'm saying this is that YES, this is a weird problem but we shouldn't give up logical thinking. Yet I do believe that there might be an environment factor that plays a role in all this and we are missing it but it's not power. I own both PS4 and Xone and another PC. All in one house yet none of them have this problem even though consoles are pretty similar to PCs (at least in this generation). Also the problems that I listed are too specific to be caused by power.

I also forgot to point it out; I remember that once I read something in some of studies that # 1 and 2 are both handled greatly by the RAM. Also I noticed alot of ZigZag pattern between 0 and 100 in Resource monitor under the Ram tab and in the Hard Fault per Sec graph. Correct me If I'm wrong but "Hard fault" means that RAM is failing to load info and It's giving the work to HDD. Also it's worth mentioning that I've got alot of bluescreens in the past 7 months and all have something to do with ram. So I'm beginning to point everything to RAM but according to you guys and 98 pages of evidence, changing RAM wont change anything... Which leads me to the next part of my theory.

The problem has nothing to do with a piece of hardware, however it's universal. meaning that a group of hardware pieces are not functioning correctly and no matter If we change out one piece, the other pieces are gonna make the new piece faulty. It also may be because of an environment factror that we are missing in the bigger picture

Also Yesterday I ordered a DisplayPort cable off eBay. I figured it's worth testing since I haven't seen anyone using DP here.

P.S. This might sound crazy, but can It be because of a gas or something? or something like dust were it pollutes the case and components, and ultimately damage stuff? The only reason I'm pitching this is because my PC is literally next to the window.