Opera update brings integrated Ad block and youtube pop-out player

New version of the Opera is out as of today and other than usual bug fixes and what now it sports two new great features if you ask me, the first one is ad block available on both Opera for desktops and Opera mini for mobile devices

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 15.40.49.png

Opera advertise this features as a way to speed up browsing and save on data which are both true although kinda skeptical about how much it actually saves you in data, for opera it's up to 89% compared to browsers without ad blocks and 45% compared to browsers with a third party ad blocking extension

memory-usage-opera-for-computers-with-ad

The second feature was sort of a surprise i did not expect. At first i thought it was one of my extensions or i had installed this extension inadvertently, then i considered it was part of youtube's coming update to material design, checked the news for both and funny enough it doesn't even get mentioned on opera's blog. So in the end i installed Opera on my macbook too just to make sure that it was coming from it, and indeed it was:

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 15.41.07.png

It works just a described, you go to youtube, choose a video to watch, click on the pop-out icon and abracadabra, you'll get a pop-out player that stays on top of everything as long as opera is still open

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 15.58.40.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 16.03.28.png

I already use Opera on both Ubuntu and Windows, OS X was the one place still kept using the default Safari browser, but the pop-out player is so great that i might keep Opera in it and also set it as my default if it doesn't reduce my battery performance. 

source: http://www.opera.com/blogs/news/2016/05/ad-blocker-integrated-opera-for-android-windows-mac-opera-mini/

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

So basically it's turning into Maxthon, except Maxthon has the advantage of not being Chromium based.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

2 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

So basically it's turning into Maxthon, except Maxthon has the advantage of not being Chromium based.

If only whatsapp web worked on maxthon 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

If only whatsapp web worked on maxthon 

I don't use that myself, but if it's a chrome or Firefox plugin it should work. Maxthon supports both.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

5 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

I don't use that myself, but if it's a chrome or Firefox plugin it should work. Maxthon supports both.

official website from whatsapp that let you access your message from the browser, on maxthon message don't appear as soon as they arrive (had to refresh every time i heard my phones notification sound) and also didn't show pictures in chat or people's bubble

edit: web.whatsapp.com

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

official website from whatsapp that let you access your message from the browser, on maxthon message don't appear as soon as they arrive (had to refresh every time i heard my phones notification sound) and also didn't show pictures in chat or people's bubble

edit: web.whatsapp.com

Hmm that's strange, doesn't sound too different from for example Discord, which works fine. I assume it's HTML5? If it's based on flash or java then it could be why.

2 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Hmm that's strange, doesn't sound too different from for example Discord, which works fine. I assume it's HTML5? If it's based on flash or java then it could be why.

it's html, no java or flash

Switched to Opera years ago, it has always been faster than Chrome for me.

3 minutes ago, EChondo said:

Switched to Opera years ago, it has always been faster than Chrome for me.

not a hard standard to beat lol

i switched back to chrome as i had a bug with youtube and its so obscure i doubt it would be fixed yet (i had the bug for over 8 months )

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

• 2 months later...

I have switched to Firefox because it seems to be more flexible than Chromium-based browsers.