Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 vs Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

Hi all, I am currently deciding between Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 and Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum.

Searched the net for the past few days and have also read quite some articles reviewing both headsets. Both of them seems to be getting good reviews. Really hard for me to make a choice.

I will be mainly using this headset for my PS4 (3.5mm jack only, the console is too far from where I sit) and playing FPS game (Destiny). Maybe sometime for movies.

Tried HyperX cloud core and the sound stage seems a bit too wide...the volume is also still very soft even after maxing it out on the console. Can someone confirm this?

If you have used either headsets before (best if you used both before), please give me some of your findings. It would really help a lot. Thanks!

How is a sound stage being wide bad? That is considered a good thing.

My HyperX clouds at max volume can be used as speakers.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

How is a sound stage being wide bad? That is considered a good thing.

My HyperX clouds at max volume can be used as speakers.

Hey thekeemo, is it? I am no expert in audio stuff..so I can't really tell which is good and bad..haha..

Are you using Cloud 1 or Cloud 2?

By the way, do you feel headache after using the headset for too long? Would it clamp on your head too hard?

1 minute ago, jacky91 said:

Hey thekeemo, is it? I am no expert in audio stuff..so I can't really tell which is good and bad..haha..

Are you using Cloud 1 or Cloud 2?

By the way, do you feel headache after using the headset for too long? Would it clamp on your head too hard?

1 but there is minimal difference between the two

Not at all. It has the perfect amount of clamping force unlike the razer and cheap logitech headset (dont know about the expensive ones) which are very loose and dont make a good seal

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, thekeemo said:

Not at all. It has the perfect amount of clamping force unlike the razer and cheap logitech headset (dont know about the expensive ones) which are very loose and dont make a good seal

I'd like to add that I felt perfectly fine with my HyperX Cloud headset, it is very comfortable but the the Logitech G230 had a Head CLAMPING and almost painful feeling to them...  This may or may not have been solved with the new headsets though...

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Just now, Weak1ings said:

I'd like to add that I felt perfectly fine with my HyperX Cloud headset, it is very comfortable but the the Logitech G230 had a Head CLAMPING and almost painful feeling to them...  This may or may not have been solved with the new headsets though...

The G230 I used was waaaaaaay too loose

7 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

5 minutes ago, Weak1ings said:

have you all tried using the G633?

Just now, jacky91 said:

have you all tried using the G633?

No one I know has one.

i wouldnt recommend either headset, or headsets in general. Get some good headphones and the sound quality will be much better. At that price range, i'd recommend sometihng like an hd 558 or ad-700x with a detachable mic

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

3 minutes ago, DrM said:

i wouldnt recommend either headset, or headsets in general. Get some good headphones and the sound quality will be much better. At that price range, i'd recommend sometihng like an hd 558 or ad-700x with a detachable mic

both the headsets exceed my budget :(

Just now, jacky91 said:

both the headsets exceed my budget :(

Going by Amazon, the Cloud 2 is $95 & 558 is $97...  Where did you find the cloud?
The HD 558 is something "I would have gotten now, instead of the HyperX" not to say the HyperX is bad, it's pretty good.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

1 minute ago, Weak1ings said:

Going by Amazon, the Cloud 2 is $95 & 558 is $97...  Where did you find the cloud?
The HD 558 is something "I would have gotten now, instead of the HyperX" not to say the HyperX is bad, it's pretty good.

Too bad I am not living anywhere near US (I presume you are from US?). I am currently living at Malaysia and Cloud 2 cost RM 350 (about $87.40) and HD558 cost RM 750 (about $188).

So yea...the difference is quite big here