Increasing network transfer speed

As a follow up to this post, I tried to download csgo from the net (took 15min) and then from the nas (1:30 min), so Il probably just keep the games on the nas western digital and transfer them to the desktop or laptop when I whant to play.

Funy thing is that, I havent check my router configuration page in a long while, and the server is running 1Gb at full duplex bnut the desktop client is at 10/100 full duplex, any idea how to change this to 1Gb?

Capture.PNG

58 minutes ago, Pedro31 said:

As a follow up to this post, I tried to download csgo from the net (took 15min) and then from the nas (1:30 min), so Il probably just keep the games on the nas western digital and transfer them to the desktop or laptop when I whant to play.

Funy thing is that, I havent check my router configuration page in a long while, and the server is running 1Gb at full duplex bnut the desktop client is at 10/100 full duplex, any idea how to change this to 1Gb?

Capture.PNG

Does the desktop actually support gigabit? Aside from that it's possible a couple wires are loose in the cable so it can only detect and send at 100Mbit speeds.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

28 minutes ago, Pedro31 said:

The mobo costed almost 200 euros in 2015, it better support gigabit.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/specifications/

Yah, that supports it :)

So I guess the question becomes is there something wrong with the cable? Have you tried swapping the cable in between and seeing if it changes? When you open up the adapter page, right click on the adapter and click Status. Does it show 1.0Gbps there?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: