Dont know what case I should buy...

I recently came to idea to upgrade my PC, but i dont know what case I should choose. I am planning to maybe do some cutom watercooling later.

I kinda like the looks of the NZXT Manta, but I first wanted to ask for some recommendations. I'm not planning to go with SLI and everything smaller than a full tower/big tower is possible.

My budget is at 170€ max.

So the requirements are:

-enough space for watercooling (I have no problem with modding)

-side panel window

-space for an ATX power supply

-seperate chamber for the PSU

-no oversaturated gamery looks (more sleek)

-enough space for a cable managemant noob

-ATX/mATX/ITX

-5.25' bay would be good, but not needed

EDIT:I'm also planning to add a Hue+

EDIT²:I think im really going with the NZXT Manta, but I dont know if I should buy the black one, or the red one and spraypaint it to black/orange

Fractal S or R5.... both are great options that do all you want.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Just now, rtpb5642 said:

Fractal S or R5.... both are great options that do all you want.

Already thought about that but they look kinda boring to me...

Just now, Obersachse said:

nomnomnom

The manta is a pretty good case...I dont personally like the looks but it gives you lot of space inside..more than you think it will .......+ its unique, as opposed to some of the Cookie cutter cases out there....

Else you should look for this...not at all doing justice to your budget but is a pretty good choice overall...

zalman Z9 NEo

http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Performance-Gaming-Tower-White/dp/B01A3N75GU/ref=sr_1_1?tag=hardwar0d-20&ie=UTF8&qid=1460991295&sr=8-1&keywords=zalman+z9+neo

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

1 minute ago, I am an SSD said:

Else you should look for this...not at all doing justice to your budget but is a pretty good choice overall...

zalman Z9 NEo

http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Performance-Gaming-Tower-White/dp/B01A3N75GU/ref=sr_1_1?tag=hardwar0d-20&ie=UTF8&qid=1460991295&sr=8-1&keywords=zalman+z9+neo

seems good too, but is there any version without blue leds in every button? Because im planning to go with a black/orange color scheme

1 minute ago, Obersachse said:

Already thought about that but they look kinda boring to me...

HEATHEN!

/s

yeah.. the idea of the fractal design define series is kinda meant to be very plain, in fact they dont even have fractal design branding on the outside of the case.

how i'd describe is the define series is an empty canvas, and its your decision what it'll be.

in fact, last night i took out all hard drive bays from my define R5 and made a mount to strap my WD black to the underside of the 5.25" bays.

also, a define S with a sidepanel window is perfect to show off a custom loop because the case itself indeed draws no attention, meaning all attention will be focused on the hardware inside, AKA your custom loop.

--

should add that the define series is pretty modding-friendly, and i've noticed from my R5 that they REALLY go for options, in fact, i believe someone on kyle's booted series (pretty sure i saw it there) had an SSD mounted to the watercooling mounts in a define S, because they -most likely accidentially- ligned up with the holes on an SSD, which ended up with being a perfect spot to show off that sexy branding :P

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

how i'd describe is the define series is an empty canvas, and its your decision what it'll be.

in fact, last night i took out all hard drive bays from my define R5 and made a mount to strap my WD black to the underside of the 5.25" bays.

thanks for your reply, I may consider it more now

13 minutes ago, Obersachse said:

I recently came to idea to upgrade my PC, but i dont know what case I should choose. I am planning to maybe do some cutom watercooling later.

I kinda like the looks of the NZXT Manta, but I first wanted to ask for some recommendations. I'm not planning to go with SLI and everything smaller than a full tower/big tower is possible.

My budget is at 170€ max.

So the requirements are:

-enough space for watercooling (I have no problem with modding)

-side panel window

-space for an ATX power supply

-seperate chamber for the PSU

-no oversaturated gamery looks (more sleek)

-enough space for a cable managemant noob

-ATX/mATX/ITX

-5.25' bay would be good, but not needed

Enthoo Pro by Phanteks. Picked it up myself after the H440 from NZXT and I like it. Or you could go for the newer edition called the Luxe but it's got some lights and things that I thought were too flashy. 

EDIT: This case is also a modders dream since practically every single piece can be unscrewed and taken off. Check out some Youtube videos, it's pretty cool

2 minutes ago, Stylized_Violence said:

Enthoo Pro by Phanteks. Picked it up myself after the H440 from NZXT and I like it. Or you could go for the newer edition called the Luxe but it's got some lights and things that I thought were too flashy. 

EDIT: This case is also a modders dream since practically every single piece can be unscrewed and taken off. Check out some Youtube videos, it's pretty cool

seems good, but what about the 200mm fan at the front, kinda terminates much watercooling space

Just now, Obersachse said:

seems good too, but is there any version without blue leds in every button? Because im planning to go with a black/orange color scheme

Yup..only the ones at the top, cant remember the names, have the blue LEDs....

http://www.zalman.com/global/product/CategorySecond_Pic.php

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Stylized_Violence said:

if a case isnt modder friendly, you're not a good modder ;)

that said, theres better and worse out there, 11/10 would never mod an acer prebuilt again xD

5 hours ago, manikyath said:
5 hours ago, Obersachse said:

seems good, but what about the 200mm fan at the front, kinda terminates much watercooling space

I used my radiators at the front without issue, and I got the Kraken x61. I only swapped it back because of aesthetics but it seemed to be plenty of room for my 240mm rad.

5 hours ago, Obersachse said:

I used my radiators at the front without issue, and I got the Kraken x61. I only swapped it back because of aesthetics but it seemed to be plenty of room for my 280mm rad.

EDIT: I quoted the wrong person initially, sorry

19 hours ago, Obersachse said:

Just don't plug in the LED cable. If it's attached to something else but it...

On 5/3/2016 at 11:30 AM, Obersachse said:

Do NOT get that Zalman. I got it and had considered stopping my build to change the case multiple times. It doesn't come with enough holders for the motherboard, so it will be in loosely. The PCI covers are tear away, with only one relacement. Cable management is total junk, and it was a pain to get power to the motherboard completely. It advertises sizes for larger cards, but only works when you remove some drive bays, and the drive bays are impossible to remove 'propperly'. The case has a tendency to snap appart, because it is assembled with plastic peices. The 'restart' button will get jammed down if you assemble it wrong, and there is NO fix, it's broken then. One series of two pins do not come pre-connected, so you need to use your motherboard manual to see where each of the 8 pins belong (children are best at this, due to small hands). The Noctua DH-15 CPU cooler will barely fit, thanks to the bulging viewing window. There are no built in bottom fans, and the design is completely ruined by the non-polished plastic.

If you really want to use the case, you can disable the blue LED's by not plugging in the 'Power LED' pin to the motherboard.