AiO Recommendation

So, looking for an AiO.

My case is the Define R5 Blackout w/Window.

The theme for the build is black with red high-lights. I have the MSI Gaming M5, G.Skill V Ripjaws (in Red), etc., etc.

The CPU I am cooling is the i5 6600k, and it will be overclocked. 

The radiator should be 240mm or 280mm, but what I am really looking for, is a BA looking water-block. I have come to the realization that the Corsair water-blocks are not enticing enough for my desires, so i have started a new crusade to locate a different AiO. Performance should always be kept in mind, but given the size of the radiators in question, I will only be taking radiator performance with a grain of salt. What I really want to concern myself with, is build quality and integrity. LED's and tank design water-blocks will be given extra consideration.

Thank you in advance,

positivePXL [+PXL]

kraken x61

if you want something better than build a custom loop

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

kraken x61

That's an okay water-block, can we get something a bit more BA tho?

1 minute ago, positivePXL said:

That's an okay water-block, can we get something a bit more BA tho?

no

corsair and NZXT make the most reliable AiOs, i wouldnt buy any other brands

you can always mod stuff yourself

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you want the possibility of expanding, get an ek pretator or a swiftech 220, 240, or 320.

ID Cooling frostflow 240L

Bad ass. But few people have heard it. Been eyeing myself in buying one too. 

Cooler-Master is a pretty reputable brand, the block on their MasterLiquid Pro 240 looks about my style, comments?

5 minutes ago, Wdax09 said:

ID Cooling frostflow 240L

Bad ass. But few people have heard it. Been eyeing myself in buying one too. 

HOLY S***, away with common sense, get me one of those things! One last thing about it though, how is its reliability? 

1 minute ago, positivePXL said:

Cooler-Master is a pretty reputable brand, the block on their MasterLiquid Pro 240 looks about my style, comments?

HOLY S***, away with common sense, get me one of those things! One last thing about it though, how is its reliability? 

Exactly my first reaction too. People wouldnt recommend since it's a new brand.
Heard it performs well even in Overclocking. Just kinda worried about hardware reliability. 
Dont want to be the first one experiencing leaks. 

16 minutes ago, Enderman said:

kraken x61

if you want something better than build a custom loop

This is the best option

MY RIG

I5 6600k

16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

It's by chinese as well, so........... 

3 minutes ago, Chewique said:

This is the best option

I know what the "best" option is, but I don't need the best performance , I want to have something that looks awesome, and won't leak diarrhea on my other parts. 

27 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

Performance should always be kept in mind, but given the size of the radiators in question, I will only be taking radiator performance with a grain of salt.

Just now, positivePXL said:

I know what the "best" option is, but I don't need the best performance , I want to have something that looks awesome, and won't leak diarrhea on my other parts. 

Yeah, it looks nice has full rgb leds and wont leak all over your pc

MY RIG

I5 6600k

16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

3 minutes ago, Chewique said:

Yeah, it looks nice has full rgb leds and wont leak all over your pc

You're right, it does look nice. Can we get someone in here who doesn't use the same words to describe water-coolers as he does My Little Pony?

17 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

coolermaster makes POS AIOs

they are loud and unreliable

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

coolermaster makes POS AIOs

they are loud and unreliable

Thank you, that is informative, crisis averted.

40 minutes ago, The Elder Smurf said:

If you want the possibility of expanding, get an ek pretator or a swiftech 220, 240, or 320.

Not worried about expanding, if I were, I'd just do a custom loop. But, those swiftech's look pretty cool, whats the difference between the Drive and Prestige versions? 

2 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

Not worried about expanding, if I were, I'd just do a custom loop. But, those swiftech's look pretty cool, whats the difference between the Drive and Prestige versions? 

If I'm correct, the drive has the more cost effective parts, while the prestige has the more premium and quality parts.

@The Elder Smurf

I'm a little deterred though, because of the attached reservoir, you cannot mount fans on the bottom sides. I don't feel comfortable setting the fans up as pushers through the top, and it would ruin half the point if I just hid the radiator in the front of the case.

15 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

@The Elder Smurf

I'm a little deterred though, because of the attached reservoir, you cannot mount fans on the bottom sides. I don't feel comfortable setting the fans up as pushers through the top, and it would ruin half the point if I just hid the radiator in the front of the case.

I'm just curious, what about it worry's you about a pull configuration? There is no notable difference between the two.

1 minute ago, The Elder Smurf said:

I'm just curious, what about it worry's you about a pull configuration? There is no notable difference between the two.

Outside of just being forced to hide the fans, half of the aesthetic, it seems like there is something fundamentally wrong with setting up fans in a pull-only configuration. I dunno, I'm superstitious and uneducated.

11 hours ago, positivePXL said:

Outside of just being forced to hide the fans, half of the aesthetic, it seems like there is something fundamentally wrong with setting up fans in a pull-only configuration. I dunno, I'm superstitious and uneducated.

Okay aesthetically, that makes sense if you do not like a pull. Performance wise there is no difference which side the fans are on.

not sure if I'm late to the party or not, but check these out. I was thinking of getting them, but came across a much cheaper option for a 360mm from thermaltake and went with that instead. 

8 hours ago, Pachuca said:

not sure if I'm late to the party or not, but check these out. I was thinking of getting them, but came across a much cheaper option for a 360mm from thermaltake and went with that instead. 

-snip-

Yah, I was looking at the Raijintek, but the review's on Newegg were discouraging. A lot, or at least a relatively, and unsettling amount, of people, had problems with the water-block leaking after 6 months of operation, leaking into the chipset, frying the cpu and mobo, onto the gpu, frying the fans and gpu chip. For some, the pump just stopped working and the only indication they got that the pump had stopped working, was when their cpu made an unsettling popping noise. For a select few, they screwed with all of the above. 

It is a pretty goddamn awesome looking water-block, but I expect a little more integrity from something I will be mounting directly to a several hundred $ peice of hardware. 

positivePXL [+PXL]