Huawei Watch

Dkozak

So I'm thinking of buying a Huawei Watch but I have an unanswered question: 

Will it last at least 2-3 years (or more)?

Then I mean spec wise ofc

Personally, I'd wait a year or two (maybe months) until smartwatches are truly "independent" and not just a companion to your smartphone. I see no major difference in the function of Huawei watch compared to other watches, the only notable difference is that it's luxurious. If you need a fitness tracker, you don't need a smartwatch. There are much cheaper options available, that are only around $100, while the watch is 5x as much. There is a reason smartwatch sales aren't as high as expected, it's because most of them don't do anything a smartphone can't do. Why waste hundreds of dollars on a smartwatch, when you already paid hundreds of dollars on your smartphone that have the same function?

If you really want the watch though, I won't stop you, it's completely up to you. Just like smartphones, smartwatches have a short time period of around a year before a new generation comes out, resulting the old generation outdated. Unlike smartphones, smartwatches need little power to keep it running, so there's little need to buy a new smartwatch for it's hardware. Software side, smartwatches may fall behind due to the various smartwatches that exist today. I predict a smartwatch will last a little longer than a smartphone will usually last on a contract, around 3 years or possibly 4 years. This is just a mere prediction though. I see that you want a premium smartwatch, and the Huawei watch would be an excellent choice if you were to purchase it, but do note that the functions are limited, and your smartphone can do these functions. (Aside from functions like heart rate sensor, unless you own S5 or higher)

-Kevin-

On 4-5-2016 at 10:55 PM, krkevin said:

Personally, I'd wait a year or two (maybe months) until smartwatches are truly "independent" and not just a companion to your smartphone. I see no major difference in the function of Huawei watch compared to other watches, the only notable difference is that it's luxurious. If you need a fitness tracker, you don't need a smartwatch. There are much cheaper options available, that are only around $100, while the watch is 5x as much. There is a reason smartwatch sales aren't as high as expected, it's because most of them don't do anything a smartphone can't do. Why waste hundreds of dollars on a smartwatch, when you already paid hundreds of dollars on your smartphone that have the same function?

If you really want the watch though, I won't stop you, it's completely up to you. Just like smartphones, smartwatches have a short time period of around a year before a new generation comes out, resulting the old generation outdated. Unlike smartphones, smartwatches need little power to keep it running, so there's little need to buy a new smartwatch for it's hardware. Software side, smartwatches may fall behind due to the various smartwatches that exist today. I predict a smartwatch will last a little longer than a smartphone will usually last on a contract, around 3 years or possibly 4 years. This is just a mere prediction though. I see that you want a premium smartwatch, and the Huawei watch would be an excellent choice if you were to purchase it, but do note that the functions are limited, and your smartphone can do these functions. (Aside from functions like heart rate sensor, unless you own S5 or higher)

Yeah I know that most features are included in my smartphone but the thing is that it's my B-day the end of May and I didn't knew what I should ask for so I asked for coupon of a tech store. got a phone, pc, laptop, I don't use a tablet so I thought a smartwatch would be a nice extra thing to have. What would you ask for your b-day? I think I'm getting about €250-300 in store coupons. The store sells TV's (have one), Phones, pc's and accessoires, ...

7 hours ago, Dkozak said:

Yeah I know that most features are included in my smartphone but the thing is that it's my B-day the end of May and I didn't knew what I should ask for so I asked for coupon of a tech store. got a phone, pc, laptop, I don't use a tablet so I thought a smartwatch would be a nice extra thing to have. What would you ask for your b-day? I think I'm getting about €250-300 in store coupons. The store sells TV's (have one), Phones, pc's and accessoires, ...

Smartwatches are still at their early state, and taking your smartphone out is only slower by seconds. (Also you can do way more with your smartphone). I'm just recommending that this isn't a good time to purchase a smartwatch. Even though they do look more premium (especially the overpriced Apple Watch Edition), the function is still very limited. I'd skip smartwatches for now, but like I said, it's my personal opinion.

Well, there's a lot of stuff I want, but I'm not rich or anything so I need to consider many options. Personally, I'd go for a pair of Bose QuietComfort 25, because sometimes I just want to shut down the world, and it's not like SAO is invented. (yet..) Basically, I'm saying is that it's better to purchase an actual watch instead of a smartwatch, since it won't become outdated as fast. If your limited in money, just buy what you need for now, and save up for what you want.

-Kevin-