Looking for Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry MX Blue Switches

So I had a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Edition with cherry MX blues, and wanted to buy a new RGB keyboard.

So I picked up the New Razer BlackWidow Chroma with the Razer Greens (clicky).

AND THEY ARE NOT CLICKY ENOUGH. They feel so soft and mushy compared to my 2013 version. I'm going to return it.

Are there any good mechanical keyboards with Cherry MX blues? RGB would be a bonus.

I've looked around and haven't really found any with RGB lighting :c

Only ones with high rating on Amazon are the Corsair k70 and Corsair Strafe but neither have RGB (with blues).

Anyone got a keyboard? 

Thanks!

The best RGB keyboard you're probably going to be able to find is going to be the Corsair K70 with MX Blues.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

1 minute ago, Ophidio said:

The best RGB keyboard you're probably going to be able to find is going to be the Corsair K70 with MX Blues.

K70 > strafe?

5 minutes ago, GhostDoll GodSlayer said:

So I had a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Edition with cherry MX blues, and wanted to buy a new RGB keyboard.

So I picked up the New Razer BlackWidow Chroma with the Razer Greens (clicky).

AND THEY ARE NOT CLICKY ENOUGH. They feel so soft and mushy compared to my 2013 version. I'm going to return it.

Are there any good mechanical keyboards with Cherry MX blues? RGB would be a bonus.

I've looked around and haven't really found any with RGB lighting :c

Only ones with high rating on Amazon are the Corsair k70 and Corsair Strafe but neither have RGB (with blues).

Anyone got a keyboard? 

Thanks!

k70 m8

if you want macros, k95 :D

they are amazing tbh

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, ddswh1pk0s said:

K70 and Strafe have Brown switches they have a similar clickiness to blues but if you want blues specifically look on pcpartpicker and you can search for keyboards specifically with blue switches

The K70 and Strafe have blues

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Mechanical-Keyboard-Aircraft-Grade-Aluminum/dp/B0149QC102/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1462243675&sr=8-4&keywords=corsair+cherry+blue

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Strafe-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B015A9ZDO8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462243675&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+cherry+blue

I prefer K70, it has a more sturdy construction than the Strafe. They are both really good though. 

But that's if you can't find a K70 with Blues. They aren't listed on the Corsair website anymore only the Strafe is listed to have Blue's and RGB. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

ducky shine 5, better build quality than most, inlcuding corsair.

shine 5 > k70 > strafe > chroma

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

1 minute ago, DrM said:

Does it have cherry blues? Can you link it please

I've tried searching for places that sell it and can't find any.

5 minutes ago, ddswh1pk0s said:

K70 and Strafe have Brown switches they have a similar clickiness to blues but if you want blues specifically look on pcpartpicker and you can search for keyboards specifically with blue switches

The whole point of MX Blues is that they click. MX Brown's don't click. According to Linus, they clack. Very different.

1 minute ago, GhostDoll GodSlayer said:

Does it have cherry blues? Can you link it please

I've tried searching for places that sell it and can't find any.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1366

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

2 minutes ago, DrM said:

It says pre-order, it hasn't been released yet?

Just now, GhostDoll GodSlayer said:

It says pre-order, it hasn't been released yet?

apparently its backordered

4 minutes ago, DrM said:

apparently its backordered

thanks for the info, i just did some research quickly on google and seems a lot of people have issues with the keys

i'm probably going with the k70, the aluminum construction is attractive, and seems to be much more popular

i'm usually hesitant to buy from smaller or more unknown companies

The k70, k95 and k65 are all good options, depending on whether you value a tenkeyless design, a numpad or dedicated macros. The Ducky Shine 5 is also solid. My personal favourite keyboard is the Daskeyboard 4. It is pretty pricey so the S also exists for a lower price with the sacrifice of built quality. The Daskeyboard 4c is also a good option if you like tenkeyless. 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

17 minutes ago, ddswh1pk0s said:

Browns have no click. They have a similar actuation force and tactile bump but no click. 

*as a side note, if the OP doesn't mind a heavy switch, the MX Greens offer an even more satisfying click. 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

1 minute ago, BurblingBarbacoa said:

Browns have no click. They have a similar actuation force and tactile bump but no click. 

*as a side note, if the OP doesn't mind a heavy switch, the MX Greens offer an even more satisfying click. 

pretty sure blues are the loudest,

do you know the difference between these two k70s?

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Mechanical-Keyboard-Aircraft-Grade-Aluminum/dp/B0149QC102/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1462243675&sr=8-4&keywords=corsair+cherry+blue

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B00IVEGSIA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1462245929&sr=8-3&keywords=k70+blue

i see the logo at the top is different but one is cheaper, i'm confused

3 minutes ago, GhostDoll GodSlayer said:

Nope. Greens, at least mine are noticeably, although subtly, louder and the bump was more prominent. 

Sorry though i have have zero idea why it is more expensive. 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

1 hour ago, DrM said:

But no media controls (and no, function modifiers don't count unless you can function lock it to always run the secondary function).

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

1 minute ago, Rangaman42 said:

But no media controls (and no, function modifiers

hmm? theres media buttons above the numpad and the fn modifier is next to the right win key. its the k70 thats missing the fn key.

3 minutes ago, DrM said:

hmm? theres media buttons above the numpad and the fn modifier is next to the right win key. its the k70 thats missing the fn key.

That's what I mean, fn keys are really poor solutions. Dedicated media controls are the only way, with a locking fn key (like my SP4) as an alternative. I wouldn't want to have to use a key combination to change volume (I use the volume wheel on my G710+, or the fwd/back buttons on my MX Master).

1 hour ago, Rangaman42 said:

That's what I mean, fn keys are really poor solutions. Dedicated media controls are the only way, with a locking fn key (like my SP4) as an alternative. I wouldn't want to have to use a key combination to change volume (I use the volume wheel on my G710+, or the fwd/back buttons on my MX Master).

fn.jpg

3 hours ago, DrM said:

fn.jpg

Oh wow didn't even notice those. My mistake.

If you can wait a while, Corsair is planning to release an update to the K70 series known as the "K70 LUX RGB" keyboards that will feature MX Blues with RGB lighting. It uses the updated LED controller found on the RGB strafe that fixed the flickering issue the original K70 had and it also features a USB pass through not found on the original K70 RGB. Amazon already has it listed for preorder but I'm not sure when the official release is: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-Keyboard-K70-CH-9101011-NA/dp/B01EZV3AHO/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1462328831&sr=1-3&keywords=Corsair+-+Gaming+K70+LUX+RGB