help with ram settings

hello everyone!

long story short when i was younger i build a pc ( :o you dont say...)

the gpu and ssd were upgraded because my old cpu got burned :P and my hdd had to be replaced with an ssd at some point (6months ago :P )

this is my current setup .

mobo intel dx48bt2

cpu intel core 2 quad q9450 @ 2.66ghz

ram ocz hyper-x ddr3 1333mhz 2x2gb

gpu sapphire radeon hd6790

ssd samsung evo 850 240 gb

this is my "awesome" pc that keeps me company for at least 8 years now :)

here's the deal though.

when i build the pc i was young and never really knew anything about pc parts i just bought what seemed to be better and faster (oh higher speed that must be good :P ) dont judge me i was young and innocent :P

now im trying to learn a bit more about pc and i came to some discrepancies between my ram's specs and cpu-z results

my ram specs should have had been

• DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
  • Timing 6-5-5-18
  • Cas Latency 6
  • Voltage 1.85V

but cpu-z is showing me the following

http://prntscr.com/azhkw9

http://prntscr.com/azhl2d

http://prntscr.com/azhl6w

what exaclty is going on? i read somewhere that thefrequency that im reading is actually the double amount for example 533x2 but still 533x2=1066 which is diffrent from 1333

also the timmings seem a bit off

can someone please explain to me what these numbers mean? is something wrong? can i fix it? how can i make my ram opperate at the specs that the manufacturer gave me?

thank you very much in advance

any information will be very helpful as it will help me learn more things about pc :)

sorry for the long post and perhaps my bad english :)

So, awhile ago I purchased new 1866 MHz ram for my system (thinking, "oh yeah it'll be faster"). My mistake was running the system for about three months before I checked to see the ram speeds. It turned out that it was telling me that it was running at 1600 MHz instead of the "1866 MHz" that was advertised. What I ended up finding was that I had to go into my bois and manually overclock the sticks.

tl;dr : check your bios to see if you can overclock your ram there.

P.S. sorry if this is a noob mistake, Im still learning my stuffz :P

Depending on whether or not your motherboard supports it you can go into your BIOS and manually adjust the timings to be what are labeled on the RAM sticks. You have to locate the overclocking menu in your BIOS (if it has one) once here look for memory timing and from there you can manually put in the values the RAM is rated for. Alternatively search for something that says XMP profile and activate it. This will automatically input the rated value for the RAM. However performance gain will REALLY be negligible. RAM is so fast now that you won't see any real performance gain unless you're a video/audio/image editor and you're rendering files.

are you sure its your ram cl6 on 1333?? try seting it to 9-9-9-24.. anyway... just leave it... you wont get any improvements at all... and I have a lga775 too.. and I just cant run it on 1333 no idea why.. it just crashes my system.. so... 1066 its ok for that cpu.. so... 267mhz more wont do anything at all

thank you very much for your replies :) i fixed it :)