How long till Haswell and Broadwell LGA 1150 CPUs become cheap?

Right now they are still about the same price as Skylake but when do you think they will drop in price? I have an i5-4690K that I am starting to feel the pain of only having 4 threads with multitasking. A lot of crashes while trying to stream to twitch, record, and game. I have a better system but I am doing to mods on it right now and I would like to have two running systems that can do that.

Intel becoming cheap? 

r u avin a giggle der m8

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Just now, Fulgrim said:

Intel becoming cheap? 

r u avin a giggle der m8

Can't a boy dream?

1 minute ago, Johnmakuta said:

Can't a boy dream?

Yep.

CXW8l3JUQAAKH74.jpg

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

They will not drop in price. They'll stay at about the same price until EOL. Individual retailers might run a clearance sale, but don't expect much. Eventually retail prices will go up as supply dries up.

your best bet is trying to find a used one on Ebay or Amazon 

CPU's rarely ever go bad so there a fairly safe by on the used market. but finding them for a lowerprice new is very unlikely unless is black Friday or something.

only way to get cheap is secondhand or liquidation. it isn't normal for new stock to diminish in price point. only to the manufacturer to offer Mail In Rebate to stimulate sales or the retailer to take a hit on profit.

4790k $250 doesn't get much cheaper than that on Black Friday.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

Problem is with intel's stuff is that they will stay around their current price up until supply start's drying up. Less stock + more demand = higher retail price.

Happens to motherboards to.

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller

27 minutes ago, Johnmakuta said:

They generally don't drop in price when a new generation comes out, unless you want to go to the used market. If you want to go used, then right now.

14 hours ago, Johnmakuta said:

Right now they are still about the same price as Skylake but when do you think they will drop in price? I have an i5-4690K that I am starting to feel the pain of only having 4 threads with multitasking. A lot of crashes while trying to stream to twitch, record, and game. I have a better system but I am doing to mods on it right now and I would like to have two running systems that can do that.

i think in some country this will happen but converting it to US Dollar will almost be the same so the only people who will see the benefit will be people who has a shitty price in different country.

but i feel what you mean, just stay on a look out to any sale's out there.

GAMING RIG

i5 4590 / 16GB / RX 480 8GB