Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3 MB False Starts help

i recently got a used Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3 Motherboard for cheap. it works great. but sometimes when booting up, it does a few restarts before posting and booting up as normal. it has the most recent bios and all the hardware is brand new (i7 6700k, 8gb crucial ddr4 2400, Radeon R9 Fury X, and Thermaltake Smart 750w 80+ Bronze psu). i heard that these are called false starts. and other then that the whole computer works without issue. but since i plan on reselling this computer for a quick buck, i'd like to get it solved beforehand. so any info helps.

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)

My board does the same thing, It helped to set the memory to its factory speed. If you have overclocked it, set it to factory speeds and if not try ocing it a little bit or underclocking it if that doesn't work.

Its automatic, just press this button!

23 hours ago, mrgooglegeek said:

My board does the same thing, It helped to set the memory to its factory speed. If you have overclocked it, set it to factory speeds and if not try ocing it a little bit or underclocking it if that doesn't work.

i will underclock it to 2133 and see if that helps. i had to do a similar thing happen to a 2800 kit i got in another rig. i turned it to 2666 to keep the cpu overclock stable.

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)

On 5/2/2016 at 8:23 AM, mrgooglegeek said:

underclocking it did not help. 

Ok try running it with only one stick of ram and test each stick individually in that way.

Its automatic, just press this button!