i7-6700k 4.2 GHz/1.350 V, 92 degrees Max during RealBench, what should I do?

3 hours ago, Tedster said:

Are you sure that the pump isn't dead?

3 hours ago, Groundedbeef said:

Before you fix them temp problem i wouldn't  touch the voltage anymore

Is there any way you can verify the pump speed?  dead silent i don't like.

First keep your default setting

When the system is completely cooled down

Turn off the fans and boot into bios feel if the pump is vibrating. or making any noise.

just remember to plug them back in

I have used Corsair Link and I have changed the Pump speed from Quiet Mode to Performance Mode.

The pump is not vibrating. I feel more vibration coming from the tubes if I touch them with my fingers.

Question: The Pump should vibrate a little?.

do you use corsair link?

I dont use it myself, but i am pretty sure you can monitor your pump there

1 minute ago, RGT said:

I have used Corsair Link and I have changed the Pump speed from Quiet Mode to Performance Mode.

The pump is not vibrating. I feel more vibration coming from the tubes if I touch them with my fingers.

Of course, there's movement inside it. The tubes vibrating should be a good sign though.

Sig under construction.

What is the maximum temperature when it is not overclocked?

My GTX 970 carries me to global.

Sure you got a good mount on the cooler?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

1 minute ago, RGT said:

im using a D5 PWM and it vibrates even on the lowest mode. vibrations is good! (in the right amounts of course)

do you use corsair link?

I dont use it myself, but i am pretty sure you can monitor your pump there

I'm using it now to change the speed of the pump and fans.

Pump on Performance Mode: 2760 RPM

Pump on Quiet Mode: 1380 RPM

Of course, there's movement inside it. The tubes vibrating should be a good sign though.

The tubes are vibrating, but the pump is not vibrating, if I touch it, it doesn't move at all. Is this normal?.

3 hours ago, SpaceTurtle917 said:

What is the maximum temperature when it is not overclocked?

Playing GTA V, the Max temp at stock speed is 80 degrees.

Just now, RGT said:

I'm using it now to change the speed of the pump and fans.

Pump on Performance Mode: 2760 RPM

Pump on Quiet Mode: 1380 RPM

The tubes are vibrating, but the pump is not vibrating, if I touch it, it doesn't move at all. Is this normal?.

Playing GTA V, the Max temp at stock speed is 80 degrees.

What would be causing the vibrations, if not the pump? The fans shouldn't cause hugely travelling vibrations.

Again, are you sure you got a good mount?

Sig under construction.

im using a D5 PWM and it vibrates even on the lowest mode. vibrations is good! (in the right amounts of course)

:( My pump is defective then?, I thought that have had a perfect unit.

What would be causing the vibrations, if not the pump? The fans shouldn't cause hugely travelling vibrations.

Again, are you sure you got a good mount?

Yeah.

I do not tighten the screws of the pump much. Just with my fingers.

Good thermal paste too.

4 screws to be installed first, I installed them well, tight.

Just now, RGT said:

:( My pump is defective then?, I thought that have had a perfect unit.

Do you by any chance have an air cooler lying around that you can try?, im suspecting the AIO is defective.

80 at stock speed is ridiculous on a watercooler in my opinion.

On last thing, you did remember to pull the protective plastic sticker of the base before you mounted rigth?

Thats seems like the most viable reason. Either that or the chip has a really low asic quality that somehow got through quality control.

Do you by any chance have an air cooler lying around that you can try?, im suspecting the AIO is defective.

80 at stock speed is ridiculous on a watercooler in my opinion.

On last thing, you did remember to pull the protective plastic sticker of the base before you mounted rigth?

I don't have any other cooler around me.

What I can do is to request a replacement on Amazon and try it before I send them my unit.

Yeah of course, look this photo attached. By the way, the pump doesn't had any plastic sticket when I had received it.

First photo when I had removed the stock thermal paste to add NOCTUA thermal paste.

Second photo when I had received the pump, under it, there wasn't any plastic sticket.

Corsair H100i v2 Bottom.JPG

Corsair H100i v2 (4).JPG

2 hours ago, SpaceTurtle917 said:

Thats seems like the most viable reason. Either that or the chip has a really low asic quality that somehow got through quality control.

What if the Corsair Link is reading the correct RPM but the pump is not working at that speed that the program says?.

I don't know what is happening here, really.

What should I do?.

Request a replacement of the CPU and the cooler too?.

Is the pump connected to a fan header, or directly to the PSU? The pump should be running at 100% all the time, and connecting it directly to a sata power cable via an adapter is the best.

Also, HOLY FUCK 1.46 VOLTS!? Turn that shit down! I wouldn't go over 1.35.

I'd say get a replacement cooler first as that's probably the most likely reason. Or you can get a cheap air cooler just for troubleshooting.

6 minutes ago, RGT said:

I don't have any other cooler around me.

What I can do is to request a replacement on Amazon and try it before I send them my unit.

Yeah of course, look this photo attached. By the way, the pump doesn't had any plastic sticket when I had received it.

I dont know what pc parts you have lying around, but if it was me i would test them both before sending them back.

I your cpu is like that with any cooler then yes return it asap

if you AIO cools like that with any CPU the yes also return asap

If you cant test then i would start sending to cooler back, seems most likely that has the defect

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

Is the pump connected to a fan header, or directly to the PSU? The pump should be running at 100% all the time, and connecting it directly to a sata power cable via an adapter is the best.

Also, HOLY FUCK 1.46 VOLTS!? Turn that shit down! I wouldn't go over 1.35.

My unit is the V2 version, only has 1 3-pin connector that goes to CPU HEADER and another Y splitter 4-pin for the fans.

The pump is connected to CPU HEADER and the fans are connected to the pump using the Y splitter that came with the pump.

Done, default settings in BIOS, thanks.

7 minutes ago, RGT said:

What if the Corsair Link is reading the correct RPM but the pump is not working at that speed that the program says?.

I don't know what is happening here, really.

What should I do?.

Request a replacement of the CPU and the cooler too?.

Hey bud, before you go buying and RMAing this and that, why don't you re-verify everything now that you have your voltage and everything in check?

Put your processor back to stock CPU speed and set voltage to auto.  Run your stress tests again and get a baseline.  I think your mixing things up a bit much and starting to confuse yourself. 

To answer the temp question. ive asked around regarding my own build and it seems like the good place to be is in the low 70s, thats where i try to keep mine.

3 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Hey bud, before you go buying and RMAing this and that, why don't you re-verify everything now that you have your voltage and everything in check?

Put your processor back to stock CPU speed and set voltage to auto.  Run your stress tests again and get a baseline.  I think your mixing things up a bit much and starting to confuse yourself. 

To answer the temp question. ive asked around regarding my own build and it seems like the good place to be is in the low 70s, thats where i try to keep mine.

My CPU is at stock settings right now, I will do a Stress Test using RealBench for 30 minutes with my Pump and my Fans on Performance Mode.

I will talk to you in 30m. I'm a little angry right now, I was thinking that I had a perfect perfect unit, turns out that I don't.

Let's see, wait me 30m.

2 minutes ago, RGT said:

My CPU is at stock settings right now, I will do a Stress Test using RealBench for 30 minutes with my Pump and my Fans on Performance Mode.

I will talk to you in 30m. I'm a little angry right now, I was thinking that I had a perfect perfect unit, turns out that I don't.

Let's see, wait me 30m.

I think you've got a great setup and I doubt that anything is wrong with it.  We just need to get you dialed in and you'll be good to go.  Put down the credit card and calm down.  :D

12 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I think you've got a great setup and I doubt that anything is wrong with it.  We just need to get you dialed in and you'll be good to go.  Put down the credit card and calm down.  :D

18 minutes ago, Groundedbeef said:

25 minutes ago, SpaceTurtle917 said:

I'd say get a replacement cooler first as that's probably the most likely reason. Or you can get a cheap air cooler just for troubleshooting.

Doing Stress Test at stock speed using Asus RealBench 2.43.

Pump is on Performance.

Fans are on Performance.

Timer 14m, CPU 100% Load using 16GB RAM.

Temps:

Max: 83, 82, 81, 78

Min: 64, 61, 66, 63

:(

2 hours ago, RGT said:

Doing Stress Test at stock speed using Asus RealBench 2.43.

Pump is on Performance.

Fans are on Performance.

Timer 14m, CPU 100% Load using 16GB RAM.

Temps:

Max: 83, 82, 81, 78

Min: 64, 61, 66, 63

:(

Are you watching actual voltage during the testing?

As much as possible give specific RPMs for fans/pump and voltage during testing.  Try to avoid just saying "Performance" as that means very little to folks who don't own your setup.

Screen capture everything you are looking at during the actual stress test.  Use a more universal hardware monitoring utility and include that in the screen capture..

6 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Are you watching actual voltage during the testing?

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

As much as possible give specific RPMs for fans/pump and voltage during testing.  Try to avoid just saying "Performance" as that means very little to folks who don't own your setup.

Screen capture everything you are looking at during the actual stress test.  Use a more universal hardware monitoring utility and include that in the screen capture..

Fans 2460 RPM

Pump 2790 RPM

Core Temp say:

4201.01MHz

1.3291 v

CPU Z say:

4200.00MHz

1.312 v

I will upload sceeenshot when the stress test finished.

2 minutes ago, RGT said:

Fans 2460 RPM

Pump 2790 RPM

Core Temp say:

4201.01MHz

1.3291 v

CPU Z say:

4200.00MHz

1.312 v

I will upload sceeenshot when the stress test finished.

Great, now we know that you're stilling running a lot of voltage through that CPU even at stock settings.  I think your Corsair AIO is fine.  We just need to work on your voltages.  Your CPU is possessed!  :D

3 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Great, now we know that you're stilling running a lot of voltage through that CPU even at stock settings.  I think your Corsair AIO is fine.  We just need to work on your voltages.  Your CPU is possessed!  :D

I think that 28m is enough.

A video that I have recorded during the stress test: http://es.tinypic.com/r/242s7xk/9

Look at the screenshot below, I took 2:

Captura de pantalla (21).png

Captura de pantalla (22).png