Painting Hardware

Hello.

I've been thinking to maybe paint some of my more.. Colour full parts in my C70 to fit the military theme that the C70 got.

Any suggestions of what kind of cans and what not to use?

^-^

Click profile to see the 'Spec'.

Avoid the 99 cent cans, anything around $3-$6 will be a good quality paint. The cheap ones usually spray like crap, and depending on what you are painting it can literally just flake right off.

For something that isn't going to be handled daily, it doesn't matter what kind of (namebrand) paint you use IMO. By this I mean you don't need a special primer included, or plastic only, etc paint.

4 hours ago, Willtech36 said:

Hello.

I've been thinking to maybe paint some of my more.. Colour full parts in my C70 to fit the military theme that the C70 got.

Any suggestions of what kind of cans and what not to use?

^-^

As mentioned as long as you get good quality paints it won't have any issues, I would recommend brands like Rustoleum or automotive paint brands like Duplicolor.

For more detailed instructions on spray painting techniques I have a guide here under General Painting:

Thinking maybe the PSU into the same military green as the case or something like such! But not sure yet!

Will check the guide, thanks! :D

Click profile to see the 'Spec'.

Can confirm with @W-L using Duplicolor Automotive paint does the job just fine, as long as you're good at painting.

Spray evenly and in multiple coats. Be patient. Use good masking tape too if you're masking off areas.

I used Ford Cardinal Red in my latest computer build and it turned out pretty good, as seen in the picture below.

20151129-krystalogi-IMG_6810-Canon_EOS_REBEL_T1i.jpg

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)