r9 390 foe 3d modeling?a good idea??

FOr 3d modeling the r9 390 s it a good idea?? or should i go for gtx 970??

i am using two of 1920*1080 p monitors... 

2 minutes ago, Ashraf_Akon said:

FOr 3d modeling the r9 390 s it a good idea?? or should i go for gtx 970??

i am using two of 1920*1080 p monitors... 

Well that depends on if you need CUDA.

If you need CUDA then a r9 390 is useless.

If you need OpenGL* then the r9 390 will destroy the GTX 970.

*OpenGL 4.5 doesnt seem to be supported tho (https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/473mf6/when_will_opengl_45_come_to_r9_390/)

depends on the program you will be using for your 3D modeling

does it support GPU acceleration at all?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Just now, rafazafar said:

did u mean OpenCL?

Not sure...

1 hour ago, HydraGaming said:

Well that depends on if you need CUDA.

If you need CUDA then a r9 390 is useless.

If you need OpenGL* then the r9 390 will destroy the GTX 970.

*OpenGL 4.5 doesnt seem to be supported tho (https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/473mf6/when_will_opengl_45_come_to_r9_390/)

REally i have not enough knowledge about 3d modeling and softwares.. I hope that i will use 3ds max...Can you give me a list of softwares that i can work with r9 390 ??

12 minutes ago, Ashraf_Akon said:

REally i have not enough knowledge about 3d modeling and softwares.. I hope that i will use 3ds max...Can you give me a list of softwares that i can work with r9 390 ??

I dont do much 3D modelling or modelling at all so im not the right person to ask for software.

Go into the render settings of your program of choice and look for anything mentioning OpenGL/OpenCL or CUDA (Or use google and look for software that uses OpenCL/OpenGL).

All i know is that CUDA is exclusive for Nvidia GPU's and some software only have that as an option, but modern AMD cards are more powerful (not fully reflected in games) and if your software supports GPU render without CUDA then the R9 390 is the better choice.

Edited by Guest
Fixed spelling

Either card will be fine for working within the software, the only real difference is if you were to use a GPU accelerated rendering engine, such as Nvidia IRAY or VRAY where an Nvidia card will be more desirable due to CUDA integration wth those rendering engines.

But if youre just focused on the modeling itself, grab whatever you want.

3 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

I dont do much 3D modelling or modelling at all so im not the right person to ask for software.

Go into the render settings of your program of choice and luck for anything mentioning OpenGL/OpenCL or CUDA (Or use google and look for software that uses OpenCL/OpenGL).

All i know is that CUDA is exclusive for Nvidia GPU's and some software only have that as an option, but modern AMD cards are more powerful (not fully reflected in games) and if your software supports GPU render without CUDA then the R9 390 is the better choice.

Thanks bro..It will help me a lot..

3 minutes ago, Ashraf_Akon said:

Thanks bro..It will help me a lot..

3DSMax works with both IIRC - or at least I have a few friends who used it on AMD - not sure about feature support tho

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6