Dirt on LTT Camera Lens \ Sensor

I'm probably a little too OCD on this. If I notice a little spec or even worse a dead pixel on my screen it becomes the only thing I see.

I've seen this before on LTT video(s) before namely 7 Gamers 1 CPU overclock which is when I first noticed it.

I wiped my screen a couple of times until I hit play and noticed the dirt was moving with the video.

I then put an LTT video on a projector and then it was apparent

Has anyone else noticed it? 

Just FYI Linus & team please assist my OCD =) 

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 9.55.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 9.56.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 9.58.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 9.58.50 AM.png

I never actually saw dust when I myself was watching the video o.O Maybe I'm Just blind

If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have noticed this for a while, looks like the camera needs cleaning.

@Nesshou Could be the lens. It's the worst thing when you notice it post production!

Yep. There's also a big one on the CSF archery one off to the top left.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Sensors are not quick or easy to clean, and you need special materials that we have never had in the past (as we have never dealt with this issue before).

TL;DR we're super busy and not maintenance experts. It's being dealt with (or hopefully has been dealt with), though. 

27 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Sensors are not quick or easy to clean, and you need special materials that we have never had in the past (as we have never dealt with this issue before).

TL;DR we're super busy and not maintenance experts. It's being dealt with (or hopefully has been dealt with), though. 

Yup it is very tricky if it is the sensor.  You can end up doing permanent damage.

Take it easy we're not attacking you :) if it roles were switched i would like someone to tell me so it doesn't get worse. 

Good luck with the cleaning!

Sorry if you got fired (again)

11 minutes ago, LiMz said:

Yup it is very tricky if it is the sensor.  You can end up doing permanent damage.

Take it easy we're not attacking you :) if it roles were switched i would like someone to tell me so it doesn't get worse. 

Good luck with the cleaning!

Sorry if you got fired (again)

Heh, didn't mean to come off as defensive, was just trying to inform.

We are very aware of the issue as we have seen the comments for months... And yes like you said - sensor cleaning, if done improperly, can cause serious and permanent damage, which is why we wanted to make sure we were doing it right rather than rushing in with improper tools and incomplete knowledge.

58 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Heh, didn't mean to come off as defensive, was just trying to inform.

We are very aware of the issue as we have seen the comments for months... And yes like you said - sensor cleaning, if done improperly, can cause serious and permanent damage, which is why we wanted to make sure we were doing it right rather than rushing in with improper tools and incomplete knowledge.

I know it can get pricey but why not hand it to a camera service centre? 

I think i answered my own question in my head. You will be short one camera for a while 

5 minutes ago, LiMz said:

I think i answered my own question in my head. You will be short one camera for a while 

Yeah, pretty much that lol. With how much we are creating each and every day we can't afford to be down a rig :)

@nicklmg I think it's about time you and Dennis took a trip to Thailand

I've had good results cleaning my DSLRs with Sensor Swabs and Eclipse fluid, but I will say I got mine years ago so I don't know what's on the market these days. Fortunately it doesn't need to be done often so a pack lasts forever.

Looking at it the other way, isn't there some tool or plugin in the video editing software to "photoshop" it out? At least make it look less obvious.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I figured I would mention to everyone that this is not dust. 

Some camera manufacturers have had issues reguating the oil they use in each camera. Those little spots are actually most likely oil. 

I had this issue once. Just brought it down to the local B&H and called it a day. 

1 hour ago, sperkowsky said:

I figured I would mention to everyone that this is not dust. 

Some camera manufacturers have had issues reguating the oil they use in each camera. Those little spots are actually most likely oil. 

I had this issue once. Just brought it down to the local B&H and called it a day. 

From memory there was a Nikon DSLR in recent years that had a widespread oil problem. Dust is much more likely in all other cases. You can be sure if there was a widespread oil problem, it would be well known and dealt with.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

On 5/1/2016 at 10:10 AM, LiMz said:

I'm probably a little too OCD on this. If I notice a little spec or even worse a dead pixel on my screen it becomes the only thing I see.

I've seen this before on LTT video(s) before namely 7 Gamers 1 CPU overclock which is when I first noticed it.

I wiped my screen a couple of times until I hit play and noticed the dirt was moving with the video.

I then put an LTT video on a projector and then it was apparent

Has anyone else noticed it? 

Just FYI Linus & team please assist my OCD =) 

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 9.55.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 9.56.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 9.58.45 AM.png

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Never even noticed it until the comments started yelling at me. Probably because my iPhone 4's screen is so dirty.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB