Durable and fast phone for under $350 aud.

Hey everyone so i'm just sick of my LG nexus 5 breaking screen's and digitizers. Anyway, i can put it down to both mistreatment and just it not standing up to what i do. I left my phone in the shade whilst motrobike riding, come back and the screen has lines down it and now doesn't work.

Anyway, i don't know if i can be bothered getting it fixed, as i just want a phone that can last, that doesn't lag or glitch (my LG restarts all the time on it's own) and has a good camera. I was looking at iphone 5/c, but i don't know if i want a screen that small. Anyway, i don't mind either apple or android, have spent money on both of their app stores. So looking for all recommendations!

~Whizzer

EDIT: Good battery life would be a plus too. Only thing turning me off of an iphone besides the small screen size is that i have friends with iphone 5s' and they say they are running slow? Is this just from almost 2 years of constant use or is it apple trying to make the iphone 5 a device of the past? 

10 hours ago, AppleWhizzer said:

Anyone? 

You can get a iphone se or a one plus 2 or x.

I recommend you watching this video 

For the blu vivo 5

7 minutes ago, AlanAlan said:

a nexus 5x or lg g4 

3 hours ago, AlanAlan said:

I will say a nexus 5x or lg g4 if you are using aud

Ah ok thanks for that. mostly concerned about the phone lasting, my nexus 5 i have now just must be a lemon of a unit because it has so many issues. Thanks for the help

2 hours ago, AppleWhizzer said:

Ah ok thanks for that. mostly concerned about the phone lasting, my nexus 5 i have now just must be a lemon of a unit because it has so many issues. Thanks for the help

Many phones hardware will long outlast their software longevity these days. For software longevity look at any device with an unlockable bootloader.

(Devices with unlockable bootloaders are becoming more and more difficult to find, because manufacturers want to prevent users from upgrades.)

Unfortunately, society has come to accept phones with little to no software support being the industry standard, unless you're buying an iPhone.

Some indeed do receive decent amounts of updates over their lifespane, specifically Motorola's Moto G series of devices and Google's Nexus products.

But most device updates are stuck months or years behind because of Manufacturer and Carrier updates slowing down the process, sometimes even so much so that the manufacturer or carrier decides to scrap updating the device altogether just because they know us consumers will continue to fork over money and replace our devices even though they're more than capable of running the latest version of Android.

*source: I own a Note 3 that is more than capable of running Android Marsmallow, yet it's still stuck on Android Lollipop for whatever reason.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

3 hours ago, kirashi said:

Many phones hardware will long outlast their software longevity these days. For software longevity look at any device with an unlockable bootloader.

(Devices with unlockable bootloaders are becoming more and more difficult to find, because manufacturers want to prevent users from upgrades.)

Unfortunately, society has come to accept phones with little to no software support being the industry standard, unless you're buying an iPhone.

Some indeed do receive decent amounts of updates over their lifespane, specifically Motorola's Moto G series of devices and Google's Nexus products.

But most device updates are stuck months or years behind because of Manufacturer and Carrier updates slowing down the process, sometimes even so much so that the manufacturer or carrier decides to scrap updating the device altogether just because they know us consumers will continue to fork over money and replace our devices even though they're more than capable of running the latest version of Android.

*source: I own a Note 3 that is more than capable of running Android Marsmallow, yet it's still stuck on Android Lollipop for whatever reason.

Ah ok yeah thats another concern with an iphone 5 series, whether or not i'll still be able to use it in 6 months-2 years time. 

2 hours ago, AppleWhizzer said:

Ah ok yeah thats another concern with an iphone 5 series, whether or not i'll still be able to use it in 6 months-2 years time. 

That said, if you manage to get an iPhone 6 (doesn't have to be 6S or 6S Plus) model, you'll probably be fine for at least 4 years to come.

Even with the newly released iPhone 5 SE you might be fine, since it's essentially an iPhone 6 trapped in a smaller body.

One thing Apple has covered is software support. I mean, look at how long the iPhone 4S has lasted.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)