iPhone SE Review

4 hours ago, Sunshine1868 said:

...not everybody uses their computers for gaming bud; some people use them for home computers that don't have a hard workload but would still like a nice looking, quiet, high end, and convenient piece of hardware.

The Mac Mini was not "high end". It was literally the lowest end.

While the Mac Mini is a low end device, I've used mine for video editing, and most of my work duties, never makes a sound.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

9 minutes ago, xnamkcor said:

The Mac Mini was not "high end". It was literally the lowest end.

You probably think the Toyota Corolla is "high end" because it gets good fuel economy and is cheap to fix...

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

11 minutes ago, Kierax said:

While the Mac Mini is a low end device, I've used mine for video editing, and most of my work duties, never makes a sound.

It does get quite hot though (and I didn't use it for that difficult tasks for whatever

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On 8/5/2016 at 11:50 PM, WasThatDave said:

It's not super accurate. Them releasing the old design was to gain the customers that weren't willing to upgrade ( like myself ) who enjoyed the rectangular design more then the curved 6s. Apple received a lot of backlash when they released the 6 and 6s for the curved design. Apple is not going to stop innovating. They simply packed the best features of the 6s into a form and design that people were asking for. I mean take a look at Apple's new 16nm A10 chip. Not that everything Apple touches is gold *cough* iTunes and Appstore *cough* *cough* but its a widely accepted fact that Apple has the best mobile phones. But Apple is not designing their phones for the budget minded. Like if you've got the money buy an iPhone but if you're on a budget buy Android. I think Linus is too biased and can't make a real unbiased review. Like you've got to take a step back and ask yourself "who is this product made for?" and if its not you then who? Take the product and review it pretending to be the target consumer. Because not every product is made for every type of person. And bias, like Linus', really ruins a good review.

I see what you mean. i think that Linus just wanted to provide the audience of a unique point of view on the product (as he usually does) It's obvious that you might not agree with him at 100%, but I think it's just a matter of points of view.

On May 16, 2016 at 4:40 PM, euzen01 said:

I see what you mean. i think that Linus just wanted to provide the audience of a unique point of view on the product (as he usually does) It's obvious that you might not agree with him at 100%, but I think it's just a matter of points of view.

Very true but reviews aren't based on points of views. They're based on performance and quality in the products respective fields.

3 hours ago, WasThatDave said:

Very true but reviews aren't based on points of views. They're based on performance and quality in the products respective fields.

Most reviews these days, especially smartphone ones, are very much based on the reviewer's opinion and perspective. That's why I stick to sites like Anandtech/DisplayMate to determine the pros and cons of a product, and then I use things like Linus' and MKBHD's videos to learn how your average consumer would react to a product, and to learn how well they think some specific feature works.

4 hours ago, othertomperson said:

I was looking forward to this review because Linus has small hands so I wanted to see if going back to a small phone would actually benefit him. Unfortunately he barely mentioned the phone he was reviewing at all and just had a rant about Apple for some reason.

I know I was hoping the same but his rant was uncalled for