can i reset my phone but keep my whatsapp? nexus 5x

1832vin

i have a nexus 5x, and i don't know why, but there's this extra 5GB chunck used from the 24GB storage, and it's displayed as images in the memoery analystics part of the settings

but when i open it, there's barely 1GB worth of photos and videos..... i even transferred all my photos out, and that 5GB chunck is still there, so i'd like to reset my phone, and i've checked that whatsapp (the only comunications app i use) and the photos from whatsapp doesn't cost 5GB

now, i can reinstall everything, but whatsapp, i can't miss, i have alot of family things and close busniess partners that i contacted with whatsapp, and i can NOT loose them....

how do i backup all the photos and pictures so that they can be on my phone after it was reseted?

thankyou

19 minutes ago, 1832vin said:

i have a nexus 5x, and i don't know why, but there's this extra 5GB chunck used from the 24GB storage, and it's displayed as images in the memoery analystics part of the settings

but when i open it, there's barely 1GB worth of photos and videos..... i even transferred all my photos out, and that 5GB chunck is still there, so i'd like to reset my phone, and i've checked that whatsapp (the only comunications app i use) and the photos from whatsapp doesn't cost 5GB

now, i can reinstall everything, but whatsapp, i can't miss, i have alot of family things and close busniess partners that i contacted with whatsapp, and i can NOT loose them....

how do i backup all the photos and pictures so that they can be on my phone after it was reseted?

thankyou

you can backup on whatsapp servers? well i can on my iPhone anyway...

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

On 30/04/2016 at 11:53 PM, 1832vin said:

thankyou

Open whatsapp.

Click the 3 dotted icon on the top right.

Select settings.

Select chats.

Select backups. 

(See attached)

As a safety measure. You can connect your phone to a PC. Browse your internal storage for the Whatsapp folder 

Which on my phone (S6)  is in a folder called sdcard.

Then just copy that accross. All your media and what's app backups are in there.

Screenshot_20160502-071610.png

10 hours ago, LiMz said:

Open whatsapp.

Click the 3 dotted icon on the top right.

Select settings.

Select chats.

Select backups. 

(See attached)

As a safety measure. You can connect your phone to a PC. Browse your internal storage for the Whatsapp folder 

Which on my phone (S6)  is in a folder called sdcard.

Then just copy that accross. All your media and what's app backups are in there.

after i reset my phone, would whatsapp think it's the same phone, therefore i appear the same to my contacts?

3 hours ago, 1832vin said:

after i reset my phone, would whatsapp think it's the same phone, therefore i appear the same to my contacts?

As long as you validate your number  (make sure you're using the same SIM)

You can use even a new phone and what'sapp will restore. 

Also if yo backup to GDrive you can restore.

Whatsapp is tied to your account, not your phone. 

If your phone got misplaced for example, it would be silly if you couldn't restore your data to how you had it before. 

Did you do a backup to your pc?