Best way to transfer my files from G4 to S7 Edge

Plexter

Hi guys,

Best way to transfer my files from G4 to S7 Edge? I don't have any problems with photos/videos, but what about apps with data? SMS? Any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, Plexter said:

Hi guys,

Best way to transfer my files from G4 to S7 Edge? I don't have any problems with photos/videos, but what about apps with data? SMS? Any suggestions?

Usually, you'd have to restart but if the apps have you log in to somewhere, most of the time a backup will be waiting for you when you log into another device and ask if you'd want to restore it. 

For apps with data, I think you can use Titanium Backup but you may need root for that. 

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

Just now, Plexter said:

Hi guys,

its called an sd card.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

10 minutes ago, Plexter said:

Hi guys,

Samsung Smart Switch might be helpful?

Sig under construction.

do you not back up with google that should keep your apps contacts calandar and other google stuff?

I lurk a lot

You can use either SmartSwitch/Kies on your PC, or the SmartSwitch app on the S7.