Surface Phone may come with UP TO 256GB of storage and may be touted as "Ultimate productivity phone"

AlTech

The Surface Phone is rumored to come in storage capacities of up to 256GB. Holy freaking Gigabytes batman! Did you say 256GB? That's right.

Microsoft is taking their time with this due to loads of issues with Windows 10 Mobile including the app gap which maybe (a really big maybe) could be resolved by then.

Also, here are renders of the Surface Phone. (Pretty damn good ones if I do say so myself)

surface_phone_release_date.jpg

2fd7f424129169.56331f2ae963f-1.png

3b56b924129169.56332c6275f87-1.png

d3fb5424129169.56331f4fa7586-1.png

ec7a9924129169.56332a1b91f9f-1.png

Microsoft is ready to target Windows 10 Mobile fanatics again with the release of not one, but three different Surface Phone models. One of the reason why the leak states that the upcoming Surface Phone is going to be productivity hub is because it is going to feature a whopping amount of internal storage, making you feel like a complete baller

Having a boatload of storage in a Surface Phone will definitely give consumers a compelling reason to purchase them, but for the sake of build quality, we have this strong feeling in our gut that the company might omit a MicroSD card option from the equation.

Microsoft intends on reinvigorating its Windows 10 Mobile platform with the release of three different Surface Phone models. However, releasing powerful phones in the future will have absolutely no effect on the consumer if the software giant is unable to fix its mobile OS. Speaking from experience, Windows 10 Mobile suffers from terrible performance issues (out of which some of them have been addressed but numerous ones still remain).

IF these renders look similar to the actual surface phone then I'll definitely buy one (so long as the sticker price isn't over $650 USD).

http://wccftech.com/surface-phone-reported-to-come-with-256gb-internal-storage/

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

So can we get a starting capacity of 64GB, please?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

Probably with optional 128Gb in the middle (Or maybe just 256GB starting price :D)

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

What the heck are you storing on your phone dude? I have a massive Spotify library and hundreds of photos, but I'm at like 10GB free on my 32GB phone..

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Just now, Rangaman42 said:

What the heck are you storing on your phone dude? I have a massive Spotify library and hundreds of photos, but I'm at like 10GB free on my 32GB phone..

Ehh videos, Amazon Video shows, games that are 2-3GB size each and more importantly music.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Ehh videos, Amazon Video shows, games that are 2-3GB size each and more importantly music.

Oh okay, 'cause I have literally one game (Alto's Adventure), and at most I stream a couple Youtube videos to my G4. But I also have a Surface Pro 4 for media, and an Apple TV for stuff, and I watch literally two (now one) TV shows ever (Game of Thrones and Top Gear back in the day), both of which I stream. But my offline Spotify library is somewhere around 10GB (thanks "extreme" quality..).

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

I like the clean simple look.

But will it have removable battery?

All I ask for

Why? I didn't have one for years, and now that I do, the only thing it gives me is a flimsy back cover..

I'm rooting for you, Windows Phone.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

So full windows on a phone now? Or is it a phone specific version?

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

1 minute ago, Daegun said:

So full windows on a phone now? Or is it a phone specific version?

I believe its based on the same thing, with the whole universal platform no one cares about.

1 minute ago, Rangaman42 said:

I believe its based on the same thing, with the whole universal platform no one cares about.

Ah, a little less exciting then.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

16 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Why? I didn't have one for years, and now that I do, the only thing it gives me is a flimsy back cover..

You're obviously not using it right, it's insanely useful. I really can't live without my spare battery.

And you have a bad phone if your back color is flimsy

1 minute ago, Daegun said:

Yeah, you can use Continuity though, where you basically run Windows 10 in tablet mode with only Windows "Apps".

This forum feels like a constantly updated Microsoft ad sometimes ...

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

1 minute ago, patrick3027 said:

How so?

I need that...

its so pretty, and doesnt look like it will bend., or break imediatly after dropping

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 hour ago, Rangaman42 said:

Same.

45 minutes ago, spwath said:

I need that...

its so pretty, and doesnt look like it will bend., or break imediatly after dropping

Same.

1 hour ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I'm rooting for you, Windows Phone.

That's what I like to see :)

50 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

How so?

Because our dear overlord Linus isn't exactly a fan of Microsoft. He is well known for hating really hardcore on them. For not understanding them.

1 hour ago, Rangaman42 said:

Yeah, you can use Continuity though, where you basically run Windows 10 in tablet mode with only Windows "Apps".

AhhhH! Continuity is Apple stuff. You're thinking Contiuum,

1 hour ago, Daegun said:

I care a lot about having one platform for multiple devices. As a hobbyist developer it makes me so overjoyed. Because I don't have to remake apps entirely for many different platforms. In many cases, Universal apps change some lines of code but not like re-writing the whole thing. And it's damn cool to have 90-95 ish % of the same code running on phones, laptops, desktops, tablets, xbox one and HoloLens with only 5-10 % needing to be changed.

56 minutes ago, patrick3027 said:

I'm sorry that Microsoft is outpacing the competition so badly that they look like a joke. Honestly, Microsoft makes Google look bad, Microsoft makes Apple look like incompetent pieces of shit and frankly they make PC makers look like incompetent pieces of shit. It's not their fault or mine that nobody takes their product seriously anymore. Their like, "Alright ship the product. Now let's work on 2.0" That is exactly what PC makers and Apple feel like to me. Microsoft looks at what people say and try to fix feedback. They think intelligently about how they can re-invent device categories (in the hopes to inspire incompetent companies to copy good design).

What it comes down to is this. A software maker, cares about refining a product until it is as refined as it can be. Then they move on.  A hardware maker, cares about delivering a good product relatively quickly and hopes to make a buck or two while doing it.

Microsoft is like the former and Apple and PC makers are like the latter.

nothing new

maxresdefault.jpg

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

nothing new

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah but the ZenPhone 2 was so shitty nobody cared that there was a 256GB option.

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah but the ZenPhone 2 was so shitty nobody cared that there was a 256GB option.

But but ... it runs Windows 7! How dare you say something bad about Windows?!?

http://www.xda-developers.com/windows-7-installation-achieved-on-asus-zenfone-2/

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

now lets see how much they cost(please, PLEASE let there be a $200> one)

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Just now, patrick3027 said:

http://www.xda-developers.com/windows-7-installation-achieved-on-asus-zenfone-2/

The ZenPhone 2 was damn shitty. It was fucking ugly. And I don't give 2 shits cos it doesn't run Windows 10.

1 minute ago, patrick3027 said:

thats because it has an x86 chip iirc which the surface phones might very well have

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

so shitty it has native support for Win32 program 3 years before MS own devices which probably won't even have it on the Surface Phone

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

13 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

so shitty it has native support for Win32 program 3 years before MS own devices which probably won't even have it on the Surface Phone

as i said previously 

17 minutes ago, themaniac said:

thats because it has an x86 chip iirc which the surface phones might very well have

the only good thing about the zp2 was the chip

Spoiler