Wooden PC Case | AC-Mark I

Hey guys! My name is Connor, I co-own Affinity Collective which is a small time technology channel on YouTube, we use our channel to obviously create videos but also for learning. We have gotten a lot better with filming and editing techniques, but all criticism is appreciated!

But lets get on to the meat and potatoes... So I had some extra wood lying around... and I had my computer... So I decided to build a computer case out of wood! To be fair it's a little rough, but for spending less then $60.00 in materials, it's pretty sweet!

Watch The Video On It Here (Spoiler: Contains Some Bokehlicious B-Roll)

As you'll see in the video, the case was built using 98% 1/2" Birch Plywood, and then a couple pieces of 2x4 just for a stand off inside the bottom piece. The windows are all made using some 1/4 " Acrylic I got from Lowes. 

I used a table saw for almost all of the cutting, and the occasional use of a band saw for some of the angled pieces. I had a belt sander I used, and then a couple of drill bits for holes. It was put together with a small brad nailer. After I sanded the final product, I gave it a Special Walnut Stain that's dark enough to look okay with all of my black peripherals, and I put a semi-gloss poly coat on it as well so it would hold up a little bit better.

This was my first time building anything like this, so it was a learning process for sure... Next time I'm going to try building a more minimalist design so it'll fit more conveniently in my dorm for college. 

Thanks guys! 

**Please note** The computer is not on fire! It's just for effect for still shots in B-Roll! It makes it a bit more interesting!

RawThumb - ACMARKI.jpg

RAWThum2.png

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

So much smoke? fire? lol

Hahaha I should clarify: Not smoke from a fire haha! We add smoke to still shots in our b-roll to give it a little bit more flavor!

Wooden PC cases are always super cool, Nice work, and totally getting a sub from me on youtube :P

Just now, Stryder721 said:

Wooden PC cases are always super cool, Nice work, and totally getting a sub from me on youtube :P

Thanks! :P Super appreciated! I'm already working on designs for the next one!